Bracket Imbalance

Conq

The bracket is small enough were a few frequent Quers who roll their next twink strategically could significantly impact balance in the bracket. This is what we need more, and less of, from what I have seen.

Alliance will keep getting their faces pounded, we need healers very very very badly, a large portion of matches we have no healers and horde has 3+ rogues.

Resto Shamans
Disc Priests
Mistweavers

These are the classes alliance needs most at the moment

The horde needs less rogues

Also, alliance - guys stop confronting horde in mid, it's not going to get any anywhere but in the GY for now.

Last edited:
This bracket will not sustain if people continue to overplay classes that have no business in the gulch.

This bracket will not sustain if people continue to overplay classes that have no business in the gulch.

I myself play a G Druid at level 10, I have no business in the gultch as I am easier to kill than any G Druid or legit FC at 19, however I can verify and stand by this.

I have stated before I have no problem if people que for BGs because; we need activity, however, we need to keep a balance of classes. If one faction has 3 healers and another doesn't, of course they are going to get stomped unless the healers and enemy team are complete trash. We need to do something to influence people to somehow roll healers, FCs and the under represented classes.

Even some more 10's would help balance out the imbalance that is within the bracket. Unfortunately; we run into people who want to play strong/FOTM classes at end-game or within the bracket such as feral druids, ret paladins, I can go on with classes that are technically OP but you get my point.

If BGs were perfect (pick up group wise) we would have a max of 3 rogues, 3 feral druids, blah de blah de blah. We'd also have always at least one FC and two healers to make the BGs worth it, but at the moment. Its called "pick up group" or "PUG" for a reason.

I myself, (when I get to BH) will be rolling multiple twinks, healer, dps, tank to ensure the horde side isn't too IMBA, but as I said before. It depends on who is picked up in the middle of the que that determines who will win or lose a BG.

edit: as always, there are many reasons why one faction can over power another faction, voice communication, too many "OP" classes, too many idiots/scrubs, however. If we want this bracket to thrive, I personally think and believe we need to get to a middle median where both factions will win, or lose a BG. It doesn't have to be a perfect 50-50 day in and day out, however. I have noticed when SR/SCC ques, people on both factions try harder to win, and will reque despite win or loss. Perhaps, this can be used to our advantage?

- Cookie

Last edited by a moderator:
. I have noticed when SR/SCC ques, people on both factions try harder to win, and will reque despite win or loss. Perhaps, this can be used to our advantage?

- Cookie

i dont really think this is the case, more likely that they dont have an overabundance of useless or less useful classes. they typically have well rounded comps/people queing.

I dunno but the only class I've seen horde have too many of rogues and a few nights ago 6 hunters while I've seen alliance games with 3 locks/boomkins/BM monks/hunters games that are not fun to play in or against. The number of healers on alliance is lacking that's really it. Also aside from making some pickup premades there's no way to actually balance games. You could get perfect matches or 3+ of any class it's all random

I dunno but the only class I've seen horde have too many of rogues and a few nights ago 6 hunters while I've seen alliance games with 3 locks/boomkins/BM monks/hunters games that are not fun to play in or against. The number of healers on alliance is lacking that's really it. Also aside from making some pickup premades there's no way to actually balance games. You could get perfect matches or 3+ of any class it's all random

Not so random when most nights you have less than 40 people queuing at once.

Alliance will keep getting their faces pounded, we need healers very very very badly, a large portion of matches we have no healers and horde has 3+ rogues.

Resto Shamans
Disc Priests
Mistweavers

Boomkins
Hunters

How are resto shamans in WoD? Haven't seen any. Also, how are hpally's? I'm planning on rolling a healer just not sure what class. Might just go rdruid if nothing else

p.s. there is plenty of boomkins. plenty.

I was thinking of making a priest, since it's the only int gear I have, but after hopping on my f2p priest, I realized I'm really going to miss that cc, a lot (they took our jobs).

Anyway, it's going to take me a little while to save up for the guild BoAs (I blew all my cash on garrisons). I'm ultimately thinking of going nelf, but am I going to want to start horde to faction swap, or are there viable alternatives to the argas ring now?

The problems go beyond mere class balance.

Agreed, awareness, organization, and objectivity is not what it is on horde, that is beyond question for the moment. However its hard to work on that or get a gauge on it when you can't get out of the GY because you have no healers. I got in a match with Purj today, and another healer, just two other healers turned the game into an actual competition, and not just a faceroll. It was fun, even though we lost. Don't be over zealous Dori, class balance is the biggest issue, the rest isn't that far off.

On the other hand alliances hasn't yet come to the realization that they actually need to try in 19s randoms. Most people are just stroking themselves in mid looking for a good death match until they get farmed.

How are resto shamans in WoD? Haven't seen any. Also, how are hpally's? I'm planning on rolling a healer just not sure what class. Might just go rdruid if nothing else

I was thinking of making a priest, since it's the only int gear I have, but after hopping on my f2p priest, I realized I'm really going to miss that cc, a lot (they took our jobs).

Anyway, it's going to take me a little while to save up for the guild BoAs (I blew all my cash on garrisons). I'm ultimately thinking of going nelf, but am I going to want to start horde to faction swap, or are there viable alternatives to the argas ring now?

Resto Shams are the beez kneez
Disc priests are the beez kneez (That 24 twink crit/int/stam ring is available at 19 horde, forget what its called), also dread pirates ring.

I don't understand the reason for this thread ~ You are the GM of 'most active alliance 19 guild' shouldn't be to hard to que a viable 5man comp to ensure your faction has a leg to stand on.

But yeah dory hit the nail right on the head with this one.

The problems go beyond mere class balance.

I don't understand the reason for this thread ~ You are the GM of 'most active alliance 19 guild' shouldn't be to hard to que a viable 5man comp to ensure your faction has a leg to stand on.

But yeah dory hit the nail right on the head with this one.

SCC is recruiting healers as well

and while we are the most active there are plenty of matches that SCC does not make up the majority in that consistently face the same issues.

Also lets not kid ourselves here. 19s horde behave like a premade or a wargame in a lot of ways in randoms, alliance doesn't do that, yet - they need to start.

Also when the horde lands with 3-4 all star rogues on their team a 5 man isn't going to do shit. (<------happens all the time)

Last edited:
SCC is not equivalent to the alliance, that is far from true. There are more active alliance Qers outside of SCC than inside of SCC.

Last edited:

and while we are the most active there are plenty of matches that SCC does not make up the majority in that consistently face the same issues.

Also lets not kid ourselves here. 19s horde behave like a premade or a wargame in a lot of ways in randoms, alliance doesn't do that, yet - they need to start.

Also when the horde lands with 3-4 all star rogues on their team a 5 man isn't going to do shit. (<------happens all the time)

Que a viable group comp to anticipate the alliance pugs

If filling games with rogues is behaving like a premade we're both on different pages

If you're group queing and having issues winning vs a team that has 3-4 rogues refer to dorygons initial post.

SCC is not equivalent to the alliance, that is far from true. There are more active alliance Qers outside of SCC than inside of SCC.

Whats the point of having such an active and open guild if you're going to depend on pugs to ensure competitive games when you could simply que a 5man and be done with it? I think you're the one whos trolling here mate

Last edited:
19s horde behave like a premade or a wargame in a lot of ways in randoms

Class comp is randomly generated and cannot be premade unless a group Q's together, just fyi. Unless of course your dealing with a very small group of players, at that point it can be manipulated.

you could simply que a 5man and be done with it?

Calm your horses and read all of what I say before you try and turn it on me. You are running in circles.

Last edited:

Double Argas is BiS however; Vanishly Jeweled Ring is completely viable.

Restro is fair at lower levels but disc and h paladin is better imho,

Calm your horses and read all of what I say before you try and turn it on me.

zzzz I just don't believe a guild with over 100 members or how ever much you guys have cant field a viable 5man to ensure you guys stop getting stomped in pugs.
if lack of healers is a problem to the point you CANNOT que a viable 5man I think @agonist should really consider SCC's activity rating on the guild sticky.

Not trying to turn anything you said against you just trying to get a grip on how and why you are complaining about pugs in your position atm.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread