Bracer BiS

Either greenweave bracers of stamina (+4 stamina) or hovel digger bands ( 2 int 2 stam 2 hit) depending on if u want hit or pure stam.

Edit: Hovel Digger is ally

Last edited by a moderator:
^^This, but Cuffs of the Black Element(s) work as well.

the cuffs sadly have spirit instead of another useful stat like crit/hit/haste. frost mages arent noted for there damage or dps. so stam or hit would better suit them. BUT if they get the moving scorch they can be annoying seeing as they can spam as they run, while freezing the peeps in place.

Greenweave Bracers of Stamina > Hovel Diggers Band / Cuffs of the Black Elements, depending on your hit rating.

Greenweave Bracers of Stamina > Hovel Diggers Band / Cuffs of the Black Elements, depending on your hit rating.

Dis. Actually you should just get pyrium on dat GSoJ, then stack haste > resil > stam. If you're a pure cc machine that is, ofc.

Dis. Actually you should just get pyrium on dat GSoJ, then stack haste > resil > stam. If you're a pure cc machine that is, ofc.
I would consider tanking stamina > haste, since a lot of the mage's CC abilities like, Nova, Freeze, splosion for rogues, are instant, and I've seen many frost mages roll with Presence of Mind for insta Poly's.

I would consider tanking stamina > haste, since a lot of the mage's CC abilities like, Nova, Freeze, splosion for rogues, are instant, and I've seen many frost mages roll with Presence of Mind for insta Poly's.

haste > stam really because of the survival mop brought

though I don't really agree with pyrium for hit-cap, as you can cap fine w/o it

haste > stam really because of the survival mop brought

though I don't really agree with pyrium for hit-cap, as you can cap fine w/o it
ya true, tho it kinda depends on how your D plays. If you play like PB, constantly running, stamina > haste would be viable, but if your playing a more stationary way I would take haste > stamina as you would be required to cast more frostbolts and poly's.

And since frost mages relies mostly on CC'ing, and the only alternatives being 22int and 30SP which is dps based enchants, I would say weapon-chain is a good way to go.

And since frost mages relies mostly on CC'ing, and the only alternatives being 22int and 30SP which is dps based enchants, I would say weapon-chain is a good way to go.

Yeah, your frostbolts and frostfires are gonna do shitty dmg, sp enchant or not. So just gear towards what you're good at, which is ccing.

Wouldnt the new pve staff (burnished warden staff) be better then? Since it has haste and just put a pyrium on that badboy? or is the resil from GSoJ better?

Wouldnt the new pve staff (burnished warden staff) be better then? Since it has haste and just put a pyrium on that badboy? or is the resil from GSoJ better?

I think it's a very viable option. Don't have enough honor on Aggramar to buy it myself atm though :/ The downside is that you miss out on like EVERY SP you have, but for some siruations I can highly think it's better than the PvP-staff. Same goes for haste trinkets.

hmm im running with the PvE staff (headmaster's charge) 22 intell cant you get hit capped with cape and 5 hit enchant to boots?

hmm im running with the PvE staff (headmaster's charge) 22 intell cant you get hit capped with cape and 5 hit enchant to boots?

Ellos band +3, Lavishly jeweled ring +3, spidersilk drape +4, hovel digger bands +2, boots enchant +5 (would rather use minor speed tho), Slipper of Unturned Loyalties +4, Grand Staff of Jordan +6 (wouldn't recommend this staff tho, due to losing a bunch of crit + SP)

Pick enough of these items to get 11 hit rating, which is 6,5% hit, just enough to cap you. You can optionally choose to only have 10 hit but that will still leave you with 0,09% miss chance, which is just under 1/1000. Could cost you a game some day, but if you're comfortable with the thought, you can go with 11 only too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ellos band +3, Lavishly jeweled ring +3, spidersilk drape +4, hovel digger bands +2, boots enchant +5 (would rather use minor speed tho), Slipper of Unturned Loyalties +3, Grand Staff of Jordan +6 (wouldn't recommend this staff tho, due to losing a bunch of crit + SP)

Pick enough of these items to get 12 hit rating, which is 6,5% hit, just enough to cap you. You can optionally choose to only have 11 hit but that will still leave you with 0,09% miss chance, which is just under 1/1000. Could cost you a game some day, but if you're comfortable with the thought, you can go with 11 only too.
If he's frost mage he should pick GSoJ over Headmasters? resil + sta > crit + int

Ellos band +3, Lavishly jeweled ring +3, spidersilk drape +4, hovel digger bands +2, boots enchant +5 (would rather use minor speed tho), Slipper of Unturned Loyalties +3, Grand Staff of Jordan +6 (wouldn't recommend this staff tho, due to losing a bunch of crit + SP)

Pick enough of these items to get 12 hit rating, which is 6,5% hit, just enough to cap you. You can optionally choose to only have 11 hit but that will still leave you with 0,09% miss chance, which is just under 1/1000. Could cost you a game some day, but if you're comfortable with the thought, you can go with 11 only too.

11 hit will fully cap you. 10 hit will leave you at 0.09% chance to miss.

Also I'm pretty sure Slippers of Unturned Loyalties are 4 hit, not 3.

Users who are viewing this thread