Botting: An open discussion

Kraethine

Grandfathered
So...the last time I posted about someone botting my post was immediately deleted. It is my understanding that quite a few (I have a list) in the community both use kick bots and will kick people from games to win. I also know that many people use "honor bots" to farm honor in bg's. So my questions: why any of these? What is the satisfaction of either cheating to win or paying for a game you're not playing. Also wanted to know if I posted names of known twink botters if I would be banned from twinkinfo. Botters are technically breaking blizz's terms...

Anyway if you can answer any of these questions I'd appreciate a reply!

So...the last time I posted about someone botting my post was immediately deleted. It is my understanding that quite a few (I have a list) in the community both use kick bots and will kick people from games to win. I also know that many people use "honor bots" to farm honor in bg's. So my questions: why any of these? What is the satisfaction of either cheating to win or paying for a game you're not playing. Also wanted to know if I posted names of known twink botters if I would be banned from twinkinfo. Botters are technically breaking blizz's terms...

Kicking people isn't botting, and no one honor bots in this bracket anymore since heirlooms are account wide and honor looms are dirt cheap.

Kicking people isn't botting, and no one honor bots in this bracket anymore since heirlooms are account wide and honor looms are dirt cheap.

the only reason to bot in this bracket would be to farm bloodthirsty using throwaway trial accounts linked to your main bnet - but yeah, there are far faster ways to farm both honor and hks if you play at max level.

i have actually noticed an alliance 29 rogue bot in bgs recently (anyone on US probably knows who i'm talking about), other than that i haven't seen too many since earlier this year.

as for the kick bots, i've played in this bracket for years and i have no clue what you're talking about - kicks can be arranged with premades but even then it's not a guarantee.

as for the kick bots, i've played in this bracket for years and i have no clue what you're talking about - kicks can be arranged with premades but even then it's not a guarantee.

Kickbots insta kick any cast of the enemy, addons like Honorbuddy allowed this. Thus the huge ban wave from blizzard a while back. I believe he was addressing two issues, Kickbots which stop casting and people kicking others from bgs; not kickbots as in kicking people from bgs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kickbots insta kick any cast of the enemy, addons like Honorbuddy allowed this. Thus the huge ban wave from blizzard a while back. I believe he was addressing two issues, Kickbots which stop casting and people kicking others from bgs; not kickbots as in kicking people from bgs.

oh, now i see what he meant - the original post's wording was a bit confusing. yeah, interrupt bots are definitely an issue, yet I haven't seen them being used too often in this bracket - endgame is a different story. perhaps they're more prevalent in skirms?

but to address the topic again: bg botting on f2p 20s was definitely an issue in MoP, yet I don't enough of it in this expansion for to be worth complaining about - hell, I'd even welcome any botters to queue up, if that would improve on the 30+ min queues for random bgs.

Kick bots don't just Insta kick people, chances are you've played against kickbotters dozens of times before and you haven't even known, you don't have to set a kick bot up to instantly kick, you can set it up to kick at any % of a cast.

The recent banwaves only took care of 32 bit injection bots. There are plenty of other bots that slip through still undetected by blizzard.

Hmmm I'd love to know who does that o_o, but I think that @posts aren't very welcome here...
also, not sure if this :

" ... These offenses will cause an account to be permanently banned on the first offense....

Discussion, instructions, or external links to information about the following topics is expressly forbidden:

Exploiting, hacking, or defrauding Blizzard/Activision or its games."

may be the reason why your other thread (or post?) about botting was deleted.

I think your best bet would be contacting a moderator to see if they're okay with you posting names, but I am 90% sure that won't be the case :s
It'd be likely to cause controversy and posting a name would imply having proof and stuff sooooo... :s

Users who are viewing this thread