"BOOTMGR is missing"

Hey, I've got myself into some computer problems. I've asked my friends, some of which know a lot about computers, but none had a clue (except for one, he didn't solve it though, who I mention at the bottom). So, if you can solve this, I would be incredibly thankful! Anyhow, here's my problem:

I decided to reset my computer (a laptop, HP Pavilion 6***, with Windows Vista) to factory defaults. It went fine, until I got the previously mentioned "BOOTMGR is missing" message. I tried using a Windows Recovery CD, but it didn't work either.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWf1orrx8Ok[/media]

At about 2:19 into the video, he gets a "Microsoft Windows Vista" message. I do not. I even tried a few commands (but they did not work):

bootrec /rebuildbcd

Also tried:
  • bcdedit /export C:\BCD_Backup
  • ren c:\boot\bcd bcd.old
  • bootrec /rebuildbcd

The commands got a bit messy, but I hope they are understandable. I also tried the "Install now" button (2:13 into the video), but no luck there either. And that's pretty much it. I don't know what to do. My friend said there was something wrong with my harddrive, but I decided I'd ask here first. If anything is unclear, let me know.

Reformat and reinstall. I bet there's a system recovery partition that had a hand in your problems. A reformat/reinstall should do the trick.

i got the same error some time ago, was just a bios derp though, hdd missing from boot list or some bs

doesn't sound like you're as lucky as i was

I know im a little late on this one but Gratz on teh balls droppin.
overkill go make a guild on Bleeding hallow like u told me u are fucking trash and u should killurself to be honest

my balls havent dropped yet but neither has my hatred for u.

go eat a dick nigga

overkill go make a guild on Bleeding hallow like u told me u are fucking trash and u should killurself to be honest

my balls havent dropped yet but neither has my hatred for u.

go eat a dick nigga

I think you have me confused with someone, I have never told you to make a guild on bleeding hollow or any realm for that matter, if anything I would discourage you from making a guild anywhere to be honest.

Users who are viewing this thread