BoA Mount & Necks

Purj

boomer shaman
User Interface 6.1

A BoA mount awarded for collecting 35 Heirloom items. No idea how fast this mother will go!

And then a bunch of BoA necks?

Tank Neck
Spirit Neck
Caster DPS Neck
Agi Tank Neck
Str DPS Neck
Agi DPS Neck

All BoAs will be brought back and will be able to be purchased for gold, so it shouldn't be too hard to get those ones.

Thoughts? Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere, I looked very briefly as I'm in a hurry to get out of here!

Cheers,
Purj

I'm so excited, there's no way I don't have 35 BoA's. Can't wait to get the necks! Is this mount usable by any level any where?

the mounts would make AB bareable and a viable option for the tourney.

Will the Heirloom tab be shown to F2P accounts that are bound to Battle.net accounts with Heirlooms?

Will the Heirloom tab be shown to F2P accounts that are bound to Battle.net accounts with Heirlooms?

Wouldn't that be something.

This increases BiS BM monk Bonus Armor cap to 22.

Last edited:
I think we'll see the speed drop down to run speed on players under level 20... this essentially would be giving mounts to level 1s which is something I don't see happening.

Won't know until Live though.

Also, more BOAs the better imo. Sure I miss having gear that was way out of our level range, but this really hasn't been a thing in a long time so it doesn't matter to me if bis gear is a BOA or a quest item or a dungeon drop.

It also strongly closes the gap between twink vs non twink which isn't a bad thing imo.

With the BOA tab, we will see a HUGE increase in the amount of BOAs that you'll see in PvP matches while leveling a toon.

This provides a "catch em all" theme to BOAs and will create desire for everyone to get more BOAs. It also makes them significantly easier to obtain. In the past having to farm multiple pair of the same BOAs was a very annoying task. Now it's similar to obtaining a rare mount in the sense that if you have it, you have it and you'll never have to go through the trouble of obtaining it again.

I dig it.

damn that sucks :(

I agree completely. I liked the fact that lvl 19bg was the only one without a mount.

Let's hope Blizz keeps boa's at a gold vendor. If you have to do end game achievements to get these (particularly raid ones) then it's going to cause trouble in the bracket. I have a somewhat geared 100 and can do whatever, but I know plenty of twinks that don't have a 100 and have no plans to get one.

I agree completely. I liked the fact that lvl 19bg was the only one without a mount.

Let's hope Blizz keeps boa's at a gold vendor. If you have to do end game achievements to get these (particularly raid ones) then it's going to cause trouble in the bracket. I have a somewhat geared 100 and can do whatever, but I know plenty of twinks that don't have a 100 and have no plans to get one.

Yeah having to buy wod would screw me!!

One of the hardest parts about recruiting new 19 players is the lack of a mount, at least in my experience.

Actually omg it appears as though blizz does want level 1s to have mounts after reading this post that they made... Wow. Long way we've come.

I wouldn't get too excited. The mount is the Chauffeured Chopper, which means it will be NPC controlled and take you to predetermined points (kind of like a FP you can ride from anywhere). The speed may or may not be normal run speed, 60%, 100%, or 280% speed, but that doesn't seem to really matter since it has nothing to do with your mount training anyway.

Baaja said:

At this point it seems like they are going to allow it. They allow F2Ps to access the mounts tap, pet tab, and toy box tab. It will just be one of those things where if you don't have a paid account linked to your bnet account, you aren't getting any 'new' heirlooms anyway. You will also have to log into each of your toons who has BoA for them to even show up in your BoA tab, so there's that.

Everyone who plays F2Ps are going to have to buy the full game and acquire gold to get the new heirlooms, while everyone with an inactive account linked to their starter account will have to pay for at least a month of game time.

Seems like the Blizzard way of doing things to me ^_^

could u once, just once, make sure u know what ur talking about before posting complete bs

Did you not read the post they made about the 6.1 feature?

User Interface 6.1

We’re also introducing a new achievement and mount reward with Patch 6.1. The Heirloom Hoarder achievement requires 35 different heirloom items obtained on your account, and rewards the new Chauffeured Chopper mount. It’s a mount that can be used by all characters, even brand new level 1 characters. Of course, your new level 1 mage doesn’t know how to operate a mount yet, so he’ll ride passenger while driver Koak Hoburn mans the chopper.

Why drive yourself around when you can hire someone to do it for you?

So unless Blizzard is just throwing around RP flavor to make it sound cool, why wouldn't it do exactly what they are saying it will do?

I wouldn't get too excited. The mount is the Chauffeured Chopper, which means it will be NPC controlled and take you to predetermined points (kind of like a FP you can ride from anywhere). The speed may or may not be normal run speed, 60%, 100%, or 280% speed, but that doesn't seem to really matter since it has nothing to do with your mount training anyway.

At this point it seems like they are going to allow it. They allow F2Ps to access the mounts tap, pet tab, and toy box tab. It will just be one of those things where if you don't have a paid account linked to your bnet account, you aren't getting any 'new' heirlooms anyway. You will also have to log into each of your toons who has BoA for them to even show up in your BoA tab, so there's that.

Everyone who plays F2Ps are going to have to buy the full game and acquire gold to get the new heirlooms, while everyone with an inactive account linked to their starter account will have to pay for at least a month of game time.

Stop pulling facts out of your anoos

Stop pulling facts out of your anoos

Again, I suggest you read the blog they posted on the Wow website.

It clearly stats that you will have to log into characters in order for the BoAs you have to be added to the tab.

Heirlooms with a View

You’ll use this new system much as you use other collections in WoW. After patch 6.1, you’ll log into a character, open your collections screen (default hotkey shift-P) and all of the heirloom items that you’ve previously obtained on any character in your account will appear there. (Please note that you’ll need to log in to every character that currently has heirloom items in their bags or bank or void storage in order to add their heirlooms to the collection. Heirloom items that are currently in the mail will need to be retrieved before they get credited to your master list.)

I was under the impression that it simply shows an npc driving but you are in control as normal.

Simply a mechano-hog without the 2 person function.

Users who are viewing this thread