BoA Leather AP Chest/Tunic Of Westfall

No.

Edit: There have been multiple threads about this, people find ways of saying *if you do this bla bla bla* yet they never use it. All in all boa is better.

I wish Tunic of Westfall was better, I miss using mine lol.

if your feral and well pass hitcap then id swap it out for tunic.

Tunic of Westfall and elixir of minor accuracy gives:

11agi 5 stam 10 hit

BoA and elixir of lesser agility gives:

14agi 10 stam 6 hit.

Pretty comprable. Do you use battle elixirs every time? You need to consider your overall stats, not just one item. That said, you can just change the look to anything you want now. I kind of like Defiias, Clefthoof (black mask) and DMF shoulders for rogue.

Tunic of Westfall and elixir of minor accuracy gives:

11agi 5 stam 10 hit

BoA and elixir of lesser agility gives:

14agi 10 stam 6 hit.

Pretty comprable. Do you use battle elixirs every time? You need to consider your overall stats, not just one item. That said, you can just change the look to anything you want now. I kind of like Defiias, Clefthoof (black mask) and DMF shoulders for rogue.

Comparable maybe, but the BoA is still clearly better.

For an alliance twink tunic of westfall is better imo, considering you dont have to reach 7 percent hit like horde do, so the extra hit isnt worth the agility lost.

Here are two alliance chardevs I came up with:

Heres the first one with tunic of westfall: http://chardev.org/?profile=293768

Hp:1261, hit chance:5.54 percent, AP: 553, crit chance: 44.44 percent.

Heres the 2nd one with the boa chest piece: http://chardev.org/?profile=293774

Hp: 1291, hit chance: 7.06 percent, AP: 547, crit chance: 44.04 percent. ( since I already have more than enough hit with this build, instead of ellos I went with a 2nd argas to even out the gap in crit and ap from the first build, and as a rogue dps class who the hell wants more stamana at a loss of ap? Stam stacking is bad mmk.

So, with boa chest you gain 30 hp which is nothing, you go over the cap by alot which isnt needed, and you lose 6 ap and a small amount of crit.

Its really a toss up between wanting a slight amount of hp or a slight amount of dps stats, and imo as a rogue those dps stats are worth more than 30 hp. 30 hp is nothing, one auto attack from an opponent will take that x3-x15 away.

For alliance tunic of westfall is viable. Only horde should be using boa chest as it has more hit, and peaple who didnt happen to obtain a tunic of westfall before it got grandfathered. If you have it, use it in my opinion.

Damage. Ther is no fucking hit cap for a rogue unless you go out of your way for it, which is stupid. The hit is for white hits, which is alot of a rogues damage. There are multiple times with duel wielders that you have ignored extra hit for white hits, and it is really starting to bug me.

Damage. Ther is no fucking hit cap for a rogue unless you go out of your way for it, which is stupid. The hit is for white hits, which is alot of a rogues damage. There are multiple times with duel wielders that you have ignored extra hit for white hits, and it is really starting to bug me.

Well its been quite some time since I have had a rogue at this level, and I was going under the assumption that they cap for special attacks, not white hits. Imo capping hit for special attacks isnt hard, because the bis gear allready does that for you, while capping hit for white hits requires alot more hit and is a dps loss in the long run.

It comes down to whether or not the stats lost by obtaining enough hit rating to not miss with auto attacks is a damage loss/gain. Lets say one player is fully hit capped but only has 200 ap, and then the next player isnt fully hit capped and has 400 ap. Even tho the first player never misses, the 2nd player would do more damage faster. Burst>sustained damage at a level where enemies die in seconds.

I would always suggest obtaining enough hit to not miss when using kick or gouge, because even tho alot of terrible rogues dont use those abilities they are extremely useful, so reaching the special hit cap is a great thing. Also stacking expertise when possible also helps this, which is why I like human rogues, not because of the extra trinket, but because when combined with foremans gloves thats a ton of expertise.

---I know at this level things may be different, but I personally have a level 85 rogue and I do not cap for white hits. I go for special attack hit cap and then I am done. It takes way too much hit to cap the white hits and it isnt worth the loss of stats.-----

Well its been quite some time since I have had a rogue at this level, and I was going under the assumption that they cap for special attacks, not white hits. Imo capping hit for special attacks isnt hard, because the bis gear allready does that for you, while capping hit for white hits requires alot more hit and is a dps loss in the long run.

It comes down to whether or not the stats lost by obtaining enough hit rating to not miss with auto attacks is a damage loss/gain. Lets say one player is fully hit capped but only has 200 ap, and then the next player isnt fully hit capped and has 400 ap. Even tho the first player never misses, the 2nd player would do more damage faster. Burst>sustained damage at a level where enemies die in seconds.

I would always suggest obtaining enough hit to not miss when using kick or gouge, because even tho alot of terrible rogues dont use those abilities they are extremely useful, so reaching the special hit cap is a great thing. Also stacking expertise when possible also helps this, which is why I like human rogues, not because of the extra trinket, but because when combined with foremans gloves thats a ton of expertise.

---I know at this level things may be different, but I personally have a level 85 rogue and I do not cap for white hits. I go for special attack hit cap and then I am done. It takes way too much hit to cap the white hits and it isnt worth the loss of stats.-----

Sorry bro, but it is completely different. White hits are a main part of our damage. The answer is not, Tunic is not BiS atm, unfortunately.

Sorry bro, but it is completely different. White hits are a main part of our damage. The answer is not, Tunic is not BiS atm, unfortunately.

Allright well in that case, On the boa chardev I put ellos band back into the gear set, and it now has a 15.43 percent miss chance for auto attacks, whereas the first build using tunic of westfall has a 18.46 percent miss chance.

The first build has a passive 553 ap and 44.44 percent crit chance, and the boa build with its whopping 3 percent extra white hit chance only has 539 ap and 43.50 percent crit chance.

So is an extra 3 percent white hit chance worth losing a passive 14 attack power and almost a whole 1 percent crit? Theres still a 15 percent chance to miss the white hits even with the extra hit rating, and at a cost of making the attacks hit for less damage. In a bracket where enemies die in seconds, isnt 14 ap invaluable?

Apparently you dont know your rogues because if you spam SS your losing damage.

Auctually my rogue is my favorite character, and the longest played character I have in the game. I have around 50k hk, which I know isnt alot but most of those kills were collected at max level, so while I may not know the most about lvl 19 rogues, I would like to think I know a decent bit about rogues in general.

Also I never said anything about spamming sinister strike, I was just comparing whether or not 3 percent white hit would be better than 14 ap and 1 percent crit. Keep in mind the 14 ap contributes to all attacks while the hit just makes more of them hit over time. The question is, is a missed auto attack equal/less/greater than the extra damage the attack power would have added to the attacks? Most fights shouldnt even be long enough for the total number of missed attacks to matter, I would think the burst obtained with the extra attack power would benefit someone more than a slightly higher miss chance over a period of time.

You said special attack which in this case in SS.

*Most fights shouldnt be long enough* If the FC is anything over decent then the fight is going to last longer.

You said special attack which in this case in SS.

*Most fights shouldnt be long enough* If the FC is anything over decent then the fight is going to last longer.

Correct me if im wrong but arent kick and gouge special attacks? Those attacks seem pretty important, considering they can be used to kick a healer that is on an efc or even the efc himself. Now as far as certain fights being longer than others, such as when fighting an efc that has healers with him, yes there would be more attacks landing and missing, but a 3 percent chance to miss a white hit may or may not be worth losing the ap and crit even then.

Now until someone auctually tries this out and compares the damage done, there isnt any evidence to rule out the attack power/crit being better than the tiny amount of hit rating, or vise versa for that matter. But I would think during such a long fight all those extra attacks would add up even more damage with the xtra ap than the tiny bit of hit rating imo.

Users who are viewing this thread