BOA Hunter Wepons

I have basicly made my choice on this but i feel better if i got some different opions.

Charmed Ancient Bone Bow 29-54 dmg hit rating 1 crit rating 1 ap 5

Upgraded Dwarven Hand Cannon 30-56 dmg resil rating 1 crit rating 2 ap 3

whats better?

Bow seems to be agreed upon as BiS.

Handcannon wouldn't be too bad if you're a Dwarf.

I like cannon becuase of engi bullets and its higher average (and top) dmg and got more crit since im somewhat a crit freak.

(I also got other ways to hitcap)

I've seen trolls use the Bow

I've seen dwarfs use the Gun

I've seen belfs use the Bow

I've never seen orc hunters

I've seen nelfs use the gun and the bow.

All a matter of opinion imo :eek:

I used to be a die hard venomstrike advocate because of the higher dps, but then I got the BOA bow and tried it out. I just find that the slower rate fo fire makes it a lot easier to kite foes. I think I actually hit at a higher rate with it while kiting than with venomstrike. If I'm just standing there in a hunter face off duel though, venomstrike is still the weapon of choice.

BoA gun for the Engineering Bullets [ITEM]Heavy Shot[/ITEM] its 1 more dps than the arrows you buy. so giving the weapon 1 more dps not to mention it has AP and crit, its a great choice, I also considered the arrow for the 1 hit rating, and more AP, so it depends on your play style

Yes I know I have venom equipped in my sig, currently getting the stone shards for the gun

BOA gun is unarguably BIS for dranei IMHO..even if you were attempting to hitcap from gear, you can obtain your 5% through racial leaving room to fool around

more dps etc

I still like venomstrike tho o_O since the proc goes through bubbes and it still has rlly nice base dps Nd x-x

BOA bow is rlly nice, IE pizzas build..but that's if you aren't willing to take 1% crit loss to put one in talent (increasing your dps lowering crit and decreasing how cool you look)

I don't use BOA gun on my tarruen when I pug simply cuz I look dumb.. Looks>stats so all of this is irrelevant

I can't see taking gun for the higher dps ammo when you have to have eng to use it. I just can't see picking eng over herb and skin.

squidmagnet said:
I can't see taking gun for the higher dps ammo when you have to have eng to use it. I just can't see picking eng over herb and skin.

The ammo does not require engineering.

You just need engi to make the bullets not to use them. And its not even hard level a alt and get 75 engi on it (altought I got engi on my main)

Curley that's up for debate. I'm interested in a test by an Alliance player.

Test:

Take Venomstrike, the BoA Gun, and the BoA bow to the level 1 test dummies in Theramore (correct me if I'm wrong.) Bring the top DPS ammo that you can get & BE HIT CAPPED. I'd prefer a non-dwarf does this so we don't see skewed numbers from the +1% crit from their racial on the gun. Get a sample of at LEAST 100 shots EACH (anyone else have input on that number?). Use recount to recount all numbers. Use the same gear for every ranged weapon.

I'd do this myself, but I don't have a 19 Hunter or either of the BoAs. :)

Users who are viewing this thread