Bloodied hand of woe

I would get the mace first as it is guaranteed epic, fishing for upgrades from WoD is hit or miss... There's also an axe in Iron docks that drops off the first boss that you could try to get epic/socket on the way, and 2 nice trinkets off the 2nd and 3rd. So you literally have a good drop from each boss in Iron Docks to hope for, that could be a good reason to do your upgrade fishing there if you decide against ToC.

I saw you saying you were healing someone in there today.... if you're not getting run by a high level for the gear drops, stick to WoD cuz ToC is a pain the arse to do normal and I dont even know if it pops for people in the dungeon finder.

Make sure you understand that none of this is guaranteed to go live, or work how we think.... just be aware.

I personally did not get the mace to drop very often in my kajillion ToC runs, not trying to be negative, just transparent.

And that fist weapon is just normal like very other drop, ilvl 44 isnt accurate at level 29.

Yeah, the ToC mace dropped around 10 times for me in 471 ToC runs. Doable to get two maces, but it may take you some time.

I thought it might be a tooltip error.
I have one mace already, got lucky i guess. I can sometimes get boosts but depends how lucky i get. No-one seems interested in boosting people on my server, even offered 10k per run and nothing.
I spent 40mins in a queue for ToC as a healer before i gave up were iron docks is about 10mins depending on time of day

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

You can always try to get the 2 socket haste proc mace (blue tho not epic) from TBC too for an offhand option. Not the best for enh probably but always a good thing to have in the bag in case the only thing that gets grandfatherd is enchants.... if even that.

The dungeon name escapes me, but its off the third boss... on my phone, not gonna look it up.

You can always try to get the 2 socket haste proc mace (blue tho not epic) from TBC too for an offhand option. Not the best for enh probably but always a good thing to have in the bag in case the only thing that gets grandfatherd is enchants.... if even that.

The dungeon name escapes me, but its off the third boss... on my phone, not gonna look it up.
Will look into it, been tempted to farm auchenai crypts for the first weps but will see how ToC farming does for now. I have an axe from FoS but one from ToC better just for the socket, plus still need 4 bits of gear from there

The truth is that if the 112 gears goes live, it will be time for a break until they fix the gear. It will just be unfun to play at that point, even if you have the gear... only a handful of people bothered, it will be a mindless farm either way every game.

So don't let that affect your gear choices to much.

I would also just be careful about wasting too much time on enhance... it does not have a 1 button 3k nuke, that that is pretty much what the bracket is right now with the new talents... a monk/ret/whatever can just kill you with 1 button... in order for enhance to do that you have to jack around with 5 malestrom stacks ice strike and get lucky with a frost crit... its just doing 10 things to do the 1 button thing you can do on a monk/ret

Last edited:
only a handful of people bothered

I think it's more future-proofing for some of us, since it's a point where it supposedly cant be done again.

I personally would never bother chasing BiS for something this uncertain and self-destroying... but even if the stuff gets adjusted to like 55 it's still grandfathered gear, worth the effort and a potentially playable bracket to use it. Plus for 20 it's a no-brainer as the likelihood is they'll go back to leveler-crapping at some point and even BoE greens are ilvl 52 now.

monk/ret/whatever can just kill you with 1 button

I believe most are at least 2 buttons, get your shit straight. ;)

Will look into it

https://www.wowhead.com/item=27901/blackout-truncheon?bonus=6710 is the TBC blue, drops from 3rd boss in shadow labs.

Here it is on beta:
M8lP8bM.png

[doublepost=1667064625,1667062125][/doublepost]
I would also just be careful about wasting too much time on enhance... it does not have a 1 button 3k nuke

I dunno about that, just played around with one I've been gearing by tagging along for the extra drops... unenchanted, unfinished, poorly talented (going for max WF) he was still pumping out 2k instant lightning crits via maelstrom, plus the rest of that little crap that adds up fast. Oh, and 2K+ lava lash crits. Not even optimized whatsoever, just leftover epics.

Against that elite elekk in shadowmoon, my go-to ally test dummy, lol. Plus those bonus-maelstrom self insta-heals:

npbspG4.png

What are healing numbers for a healing spec in beta LOL? If off heals can crit for that much, what can a real healer heal for?

Silly side discussion: since the pre-patch, in xp on BGs, I've faced a party sync'd shadow priest that flash heals her way to usually second in healing. Annoying as one locks their shadow school then they just spam flash heal for a lot. Also have seen some enhancement shamans heal themselves for a lot.

Edit followup: oh nevermind. Looked at priest general class talents. They can choose +15% flash heal talent and +up to 50% flash heal from another talent.

Last edited:
ENH has some special maelstrom thing that increases it by 50% per stack or something? Plus I think a talent for 25% healing surge increase on yourself. I dont play healers so i dont really know... but I fiddled with his talents more for Jade:

XSNAAmU.jpg

Instant-maelstrom-stacked elemental blast? (talent) probably trinket procs too, didnt look.
(sorry, OP, for ENH spamming your thread.... hoping you have fun with it. ;))

Instant-maelstrom-stacked elemental blast? (talent) probably trinket procs too, didnt look.
(sorry, OP, for ENH spamming your thread.... hoping you have fun with it. ;))

Nah man im happy to hear enhance is doing good, its why i asked about that weapon. I played with poor mix of random crap i had in the bank on off the ah and was getting 1-2k crits as enhance, its why im now aiming to gear it with ilvl35 epics before df hits just incase it does become gf. Even if dosent still some cool bits in there.

Whats your stat priority on enh? I was think crit and vers/mars but not sure for enh so kinda winging it

My stat priority was whatever dropped purple.

;)

I'm not skilled enhance at all, just like monkeying with them. I'll find the toon and link it if I can so you can see what it is right now before DF. AGAIN.... no one is sure 100% any of this turns out like beta suggests. Just tryin to get ahead of it.

My stat priority was whatever dropped purple.

;)

I'm not skilled enhance at all, just like monkeying with them. I'll find the toon and link it if I can so you can see what it is right now before DF. AGAIN.... no one is sure 100% any of this turns out like beta suggests. Just tryin to get ahead of it.
Haha fair, ive been sane just running agil and crit gems and chants

I guess thats all we can do, crawl ahead blindly hoping for the best.
Just wish my luck was better at ToC another 30 runs today and got nothing of use

Just wish my luck was better at ToC another 30 runs today and got nothing of use

Lol ya, ToC is great until 5 runs later and you have 2 of all the easy stuff and nothing harder to get... :PepeHands:

Sorry it took so long, my computer straight up died (my backup, got my main one going for the moment.

Here's the current live version of that enh shaman I was fiddling with on the beta: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/akama/wf

Nothin special, nothing crazy. Got an epic Wod world trinket proc but I'd be running PvP trinket anyway with or without it.

Couple of those drops are from Pit of Saron, i believe, like the 8 haste socket bonus helm. Not sure we mentioned those dungeons.

Was messing around with lavabust on enhance all day... :p pretty good since its always 1500 crit on malestrom (with flameshock)... combined with Sundering... that was more burst than I was using before.

I think my sundering hit for like 1700non-crit when I was messing around, only tried it once tho. NOT BIG ENOUGH.

edit- i cant check back to my lavaburst damage cuz the comp died and took all that with it, re-downloading WoW now so maybe I'll play with it again tomorrow if this windows reset doesnt die too by then.... :NotLikeThis:

I think my sundering hit for like 1700non-crit when I was messing around, only tried it once tho. NOT BIG ENOUGH.

edit- i cant check back to my lavaburst damage cuz the comp died and took all that with it, re-downloading WoW now so maybe I'll play with it again tomorrow if this windows reset doesnt die too by then.... :NotLikeThis:

Enhance still feels to me like you take 100% more damage, I have no idea why, but my monk and ret have similar gearing... enhance just gets melted... even if you take dumb shit like earthshield and shift.

Last edited:
Enhance still feels to me like you take 100% more damage

It does kind of suck that any heal you want to cast will eat your maelstom stacks, but cant insta-bomb dead either.

Computer is up and going for now, more bad talent choices later got 2 both-trinket-proc crits on this dude:

Sundering

PQz04q4.png

and lava burst

amDLRLg.png

edit- meant to note earlier, my WoD world trinket epic is only ilvl 82... dungeon epics are much better on the beta. Currently.

Lol ya, ToC is great until 5 runs later and you have 2 of all the easy stuff and nothing harder to get... :PepeHands:

Sorry it took so long, my computer straight up died (my backup, got my main one going for the moment.

Here's the current live version of that enh shaman I was fiddling with on the beta: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/akama/wf

Nothin special, nothing crazy. Got an epic Wod world trinket proc but I'd be running PvP trinket anyway with or without it.

Couple of those drops are from Pit of Saron, i believe, like the 8 haste socket bonus helm. Not sure we mentioned those dungeons.
Not a bad toon man, got more epics than i currently have but yeah ToC a pain got about 4 of the same boots and two chests from there.

The icc5mams are on my list think forge of souls drops two items i wanted then pit of saron for trinket, for ele set. But i wanna have options cause no idea what stat prio gunna be like yet until have everything and can fiddle around and see whats best for me

Users who are viewing this thread