Blizzcon 2023 Predictions

Community Bingo

“Getting back to our roots.”
“Embracing the community.”
“More meaningful and engaging content.”
“With our [insert total] new IPs and a revamp to our classic titles, there has never been a better time for gamers than now.”

Corporate Bingo

Stats and figures. Data, data, data. Sales and downloads. Introduce new metric to measure how successful we are. M$FT MERGER

“Since we did ‘X” our other data has increased exponentially.”
“We changed a thing and now our engagement is higher than this other time when it was lower.”
“FREEDOM”
“Something, something, new talent, refresh, restructure, etc.”

IP Bingo

New Wow Xpac.
Cata returning to retail in a fully functioning form for all players.
New Caverns of Time content.

Outliers:
SC and/or HoTS being revived. Not sure if MS has any MOBA IPs without Blizz.
Hardcore Retail
F2P increase level cap to 30.
Player housing returning.

Well, its as others have predicted, Classic Cata, and more Classic content.

Here's a bit of the stuff they announced:

WoW: Cataclysm Classic for Q2 2024
Classic: Season of Discovery - Nov 30th - Initial Cap of 25, with low level dungeons re-tooled as raids (BFD raid)
10.2 Update for Retail
Next 3 Expansions Revealed: World Soul Saga Series-
  • The War Within - Underground Kingdoms - Nerubians+Earthen
  • Midnight - Returning Quel-Thalas - Void Forces
  • The Last Titan - Returning to Northrend - Void Forces

The War Within (Next Expac) Features:
- Earthen Allied Race
- Dynamic Flight (?)
- Delves (From ESO)
- Warbands - Share Banks + Transmogs between Characters
- Master Hero Talents

I am also glad to see Hurricane (WoW Machinima creator) getting showcased too, his work is just what the community wanted. It definitely isn't as high-res as the Official Blizzard cinematics, but they are high quality and have the right amount of throwbacks and references to get the wow nerds excited

Last edited:
Well, its as others have predicted, Classic Cata, and more Classic content.

Here's a bit of the stuff they announced:

WoW: Cataclysm Classic for Q1 2024
Classic: Season of Discovery - Nov 30th - Initial Cap of 25, with low level dungeons re-tooled as raids (BFD raid)
10.2 Update for Retail
Next 3 Expansions Revealed: World Soul Saga Series-
  • The War Within - Underground Kingdoms - Nerubians+Earthen
  • Midnight - Returning Quel-Thalas - Void Forces
  • The Last Titan - Returning to Northrend - Void Forces

The War Within (Next Expac) Features:
- Earthen Allied Race
- Dynamic Flight (?)
- Delves (From ESO)
- Warbands - Share Banks + Transmogs between Characters
- Master Hero Talents

I am also glad to see Hurricane (WoW Machinima creator) getting showcased too, his work is just what the community wanted. It definitely isn't as high-res as the Official Blizzard cinematics, but they are high quality and have the right amount of throwbacks and references to get the wow nerds excited

Cata probably Q2. They said "first half of next year". We still have WotLK phase 5 a few months away. Probably gunna see a June release if I had to guess.

Cata Classic... I kinda don't want that. I mean it's gonna happen, but despite having some of my favourite memories be from Cata, I don't wanna go back.

I wll, however, play the next expansion at endgame, unlike DF.

I got nothing to predict, but I do hope for a hellish pre-patch/launch experience for twinks to get their snickering hands on whatever OP shit fell into the holes during development. Then get hotfixed/grand fathered to have more twinks complain about it.

The new era season for classic looks like wow ascension at first glance lol, I really liked chromie craft when the lvls were capped at 19-30-40 so I will 100% be playing that, Cata classic means mop classic dream is alive.

I am about to read into what the war within xpac is bringing but I am always hyped lol.

The new era season for classic looks like wow ascension at first glance lol, I really liked chromie craft when the lvls were capped at 19-30-40 so I will 100% be playing that, Cata classic means mop classic dream is alive.

I am about to read into what the war within xpac is bringing but I am always hyped lol.
I was positively suprised they did Classic+ in that style! Essentially twinking patches with new content, untill end game, where more will be added.

My biggest fear with Classic+ was how they'd execute it.
Since just 'adding content' on fresh or existing realms would just be bad planning.
This is good!

I don't really remember the full Cata survey as I filled it out over a year ago.. but we really could see a multitude of changes based on the feedback they received.

WotLk phase 2 was 5 months long
Phase 3 was 4 months long
If phase 4 is 4 months long, then we are looking at phase 5/Ruby Sanctum in February.
I suspect we'll get like 4 months of that. Depends if they want to drop prepatch during the phase or not.

My Purj Prediction (tm) is June 24th launch. It will allow the kids to go hard during summer break. If thats the case, we could be looking at the beta being rolled out in April-ish?

Their documentation states Cata will be release "on or before" August 31st. There is no absolutely no way we have 10 months of content left in WOTLK without losing half the player base.

seems like Blizzard is using ideas from that WOW based game Ascension. i was always wondering why blizzard never shut it down? appears to me they allowed to roll to see how it works, viewing it as a free test bed for classes being near classless thru class talents open to all, but not as extreme as Ascension

seems like Blizzard is using ideas from that WOW based game Ascension. i was always wondering why blizzard never shut it down? appears to me they allowed to roll to see how it works, viewing it as a free test bed for classes being near classless thru class talents open to all, but not as extreme as Ascension
Ascension is all about breaking the game, & having now investigated SoD ( love that YT queries for that will lead scores of people to one of my favorite old thrash-crossover albums ) & having sobered up from last night; I am very curious & frankly, optimistic about the SoD talent propositions. It's going to be a balancing nightmare to avoid the Ascension-style OP madness; & will likely require a buff to instance & world mobs ( totally great, imo ) but it is defiantly a step in an interesting direction.

I think we all knew that ture CLassic+ would fail to please everyone, but if threy're expanding on the original masterpiece with the same amount of love that spawned it, I am ready to welcome it.

Users who are viewing this thread