Blizzard reps in twink brackets

Gooply

Grandfathered
First of all im new to TI so might fuck up abit <3

Since starting twinking i have noticed that a solid 90% of the changes made to lower level brackets are direct results of tweaks made to endgame raiding(i might be wrong there but BA is a good example).Although 100 pvp gets some love, as far as i know there is no staff at blizzard or GMs hired specifically to work in and around the twinking brackets (also could be wrong there) and i think if that is the case its a shame, because even though twinks are a minority on WoW blizz shouldn't disregard an entire portion of their audience because they dont play max level. Personally i find the level of a character and the items they use to have a huge impact on how everything is set up, class balance and gear scaling could be perfect at level 100 but at 20 for example, different classes are OP while others are almost unviable because no matter how much work blizzard puts into max level pvp its unlikely that twinking will see the same symmetry without specialized focus. If blizzard were to reassign just one or two GMs per bracket to work with twinks or even have their own characters, we could see more involvement from blizzard and a huge improvement on class balance and gear scaling.

Although it is unlikely this will ever get through to blizzard, this change could even be as small as setting up a system where through things like TI bracket representatives are chosen to bring foward issues concerning the bracket they play in and the ways these issues could be addressed, as decided by the larger community, to a representative of blizzard who could refer them to the people in charge of in game class and item changes. Even if a few GMs took the time to look over the newest, most popular TI forums concerning class imbalance and scaling, twinking in general would see major improvements

Just want to get a public opinion on this thought and see if anyone feels the same

GMs are not devs. I've spoken with many GMs who say they've tried twinking, though I don't know if they meant XP-Off or low level.

not that blizzard dont care about twinking, but doing changes to lower levels can affect the classe at 100 since abilities doesnt have rank anymore and scales from stats, that is the reason of why ferals are hitting so hard and they cant fix it

e.g ive seen feral's bite doing over 4k crits all the time, and if they nerf it to help fix twinks problem, it might become a problem for druids DPS at level 100, it could be easily fixed if they didnt get rid of rank system

im pretty sure that they would keep doing some changes at lower levels if that was still in the game because of how simple it would be for them to gather some of information of classes being OP at lower levels and fixing the rank avaliable for that bracket

edit: im not sure how base damage works now, i know it increases with level, but most of the damage comes from stats, and changing the abilities scaling from stats can also affect endgame

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not sure if you have heard of the Pareto principle. But companies such as Blizzard follow it. And they will always go to the meat and potatoes of their customer base. That is unless said company sees it changing. A company like Blizzard has the statistics to do that as they can tell how many account holders are on at any given time, when they were on, how long they were on, what they did, what level toon they played etc... I assure you it f and when low level becomes "popular" enough to garner attention, we will get it.

/cheers
Sweetsidney

A couple of years ago, I had a Blizz GM who know who I was as Drayner (19 Lock) when I submitted a ticket on an issue related to my main.

Back in Wrath, I also had another that was a member of Twinkinfo. This was when I still owned the site. He wouldn't tell me who he was on here or in the twink world, but he was kind enough to roll my professions from 450 back to 225 so I didn't have to start over leveling them once they recapped professions.

GMs are players too and some of them undoubtedly play the game in various ways as we do.

I recently talked to a GM about a de-level (sadly couln't) but he told me that he played the twink bracket also (he might've just said it to say it dunno) but he seemed pretty chill. So yeah, I would get a small bit of the devs/gms of WoW would twink to just see the stat portions for capped twinks or just because they're bored and want to play their twinks.

Users who are viewing this thread