BiS Mage PvP - Tazik VS Synapse - Some Talent Qs

KnaisGuy

Legend
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/thrall/Frostynipz/simple

Staff off Felmyst VS KJ Staff?

- Is the haste from the KJ staff enough to make it a superior choice? The crit on the FM staff will probably put me at around 35% or more with a Rogue in group.

T6 Legs VS BiS Shoulders

- Is 4pc4pc worth using the T6 legs over the shoulders? It's a fairly big loss of haste.

Naaru Sliver VS Gnomish Lightning Gen

- The on use of Sliver isn't that big a deal, though it can be useful, but the passive haste is pretty huge. I'm leaning towards sliver in BGs and GLG in arena, thoughts?

I know I need T6 belt and the cloak off KJ. What else should I be looking out for?

Shattered Barrier VS the auto frost barrier.

- My biggest issue is it causing DR with CoC, but having auto barrier has saved me a lot of times. My question is does it work if you're silenced or stunned? Is having that SB freeze worth it for escaping Rogues? That's pretty much the only time it seems to really come into use, maybe DKs too but not as often.

While I have both on my mage, my Tazik can crit for over 10k. Could be situational which is better but that burst makes it my choice.

While I have both on my mage, my Tazik can crit for over 10k. Could be situational which is better but that burst makes it my choice.

480 Intellect for 10 seconds, every minute. > a 5-10k Hit every two minutes, Can't think of a single PvE situation where tazik could be better.

synapse is still alot better for mage's 480 int for bursts every minute with only 45 second downtime is by far better then tazik which can be grounded / reflected (have seen nubs do it) on a 2 min cd

as for your gear go full bis 4p/4p is not worth it at 70 for pvp no where near go 2p brut with rest pve gear for burst you shouldnt need 4p unless your playing double dps in arena if so 4p brut rest pve still

trinket's : gnomish ofc crit + haste and burst trink nothing beats it

talents , shatterd barrier for sure without a doubt free freeze good against anything not just rogues (yes they are the main comp its best for ) great when pilar chasing say a shadow priest and it drops off freezing dps or heals in place wide open for cc or shatter

hope the best to you on ur mage pm me for any questions happy to awnser

I personally think Tazik is better due to on demand burst, as opposed to synapse.

But still, it's dependent on the comp you're running, if you find yourself not being focused as much, synapse would be better. At 70 though, most smart comps will pressure the mage so they can't freecast, hence my Tazik.
<

nice rating/gear (mage lol doesn't even need gear) ratio i must say

When you face either a Disc/Rogue, Mage/Xyz or Dk/Xyz every single game being a Mage doesn't really give you any benefit XD.

Also, lol, first time playing with that guy, no Skype and it was 2 A.M., but yea, lolzor =p.

When you face either a Disc/Rogue

Also, lol, first time playing with that guy, no Skype and it was 2 A.M., but yea, lolzor =p.

Although Disc/Rogue counters mage/x, mage/rogue destroys disc rogue, but nevertheless beating mage priest as disc rogue is no easy feat i assure you
<
though now with rogue buffs ... lol 1hit everywhere

Users who are viewing this thread