EU+US BiS gem no one is using?

Peashot

Grandfathered
tanzanite.JPG

I'm sure most of you are aware of these gems that drop in BC heroics and a lot of them are mediocre. However this one seems to have retained better stats than the others. It is a fairly low drop chance at 8% off the 3 bosses in sethekk halls. Consider farming them because imo its definitely better than the 5 int - 5 crit if youre a healer.

Been using them on my druid:
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/sargeras/Wíthered

Just need some of the other heroic gems to finish my gear.

nice helm chant

Heroic dungeon gems being BiS for str+int users is common knowledge in the bracket. Although I don't think gemming stamina is great. Maybe you could use a few of them on a healer.

Usually int users run a combination of https://www.wowhead.com/item=28123/potent-ornate-topaz and https://www.wowhead.com/item=30547/reckless-fire-opal

Ah ok just putting it out there in case some twinks were unaware. While I agree that the haste gem is good I think the stam is better than the crit for all healers except hpal, even more so if youre running flags. That extra health can make a huge difference in surviving globals.

nice helm chant
Thanks, it is an old toon. I'd say for most healers you'd want the stam/int gems based on the games I've done. Granted I'm still figuring out what to do to update my gear for BFA. Last I played was in the beginning of Draenor.

stam is better than the crit for all healers except hpal
I'd say for most healers you'd want the stam/int gems
Gemming stamina is a crutch that you should avoid as much as possible. It makes you more 'tanky' at the cost of healing+damage output and lessens your ability to recover from pressure. Remember that the only time stamina helps you is if you're dying in a single string of stuns/silences. If that's happening to you a lot you probably need to look at your positioning in games.

Inexperienced healers tend to adopt a playstyle in battlegrounds where they just run into the enemy team and tank them until the enemy team is wiped or they themselves die. Stamina kind of makes sense for this purpose, because you're probably going to eat a lot of CC and interrupts (who cares about healing output if you never get to cast, right?) and tank a lot of damage, too.
That kind of playstyle can definitely be fun and even effective against teams with no twinks on them. But as soon as you're facing another twink premade it'll get you killed real fast.
Instead, try to abuse your 40 yards and line of sight where possible. If a melee wants to attack you he should have to overextend for it and get punished.

In my earlier post I said "Maybe you could use a few of them on a healer" (referring to the int+stam gems). That's because you still want enough stamina to survive a coordinated setup from an enemy twink premade. But the key is to not overdo it; if you have ~8-9k health you have enough.

Get it together, Balroy. Looking to see you soon in 49s and 70s!
Def, I'm gradually updating all my toons in every bracket. Feel free to add me, balroy#1623.
In my earlier post I said "Maybe you could use a few of them on a healer" (referring to the int+stam gems). That's because you still want enough stamina to survive a coordinated setup from an enemy twink premade. But the key is to not overdo it; if you have ~8-9k health you have enough.

Ya, my post was too simplified. I agree with ya.

I totally agree, I probably should have been more clear. I don't think you should stack them and go for huge health. Also not sure about EU but all I see are healers stacking the crit gems and calling it a day, so I'm sharing another option

Also, I think pvp resil is still decent, with the macro it says I have around 10% dmg reduc. Assuming that the macro is correct.

Also, I think pvp resil is still decent, with the macro it says I have around 10% dmg reduc. Assuming that the macro is correct.
The macro is not correct.

Resil is stealth-nerfed on lower levels. For example it'll say 20% but only give you something like 6%.

I mean - you have 5int/4versa gem in your gloves. Isn´t that a lot better? Less damage taken and more healing? Seems better to me even if you like to tank a lot.
PvP resilience and PvP power was so nerfed, it is pointless now.

I mean - you have 5int/4versa gem in your gloves. Isn´t that a lot better? Less damage taken and more healing? Seems better to me even if you like to tank a lot.
PvP resilience and PvP power was so nerfed, it is pointless now.

It most likely is. It was a thought on how s4 gear could still be good but that was before knowing that the resil macro is bad.
I need to test for myself.

EDIT: Seems like you get just under %20 of the reported damage reduction from the macro. Tested no gear vs only resil (no vers) pieces 70v70.

Last edited:
Is there a new macro that factors the change in? Or do we have to constantly test it?
No there isn't a macro for it, because the game just tells you the value that amount of resil -should- give you without accounting for the hidden nerfs. Don't bother gemming Resil to begin with, it's not good. Nothing to test. If you want damage reduction you can get Versa.

It most likely is. It was a thought on how s4 gear could still be good but that was before knowing that the resil macro is bad.
I need to test for myself.

EDIT: Seems like you get just under %20 of the reported damage reduction from the macro. Tested no gear vs only resil (no vers) pieces 70v70.
Was thinking along the same lines, s4 gear generally has more stam and vers if you use the old spirit pieces and your not giving up that much secondaries for the resil.
I would not gem resil but I think there is a case in using some Brutal gear, at least worth testing.

Users who are viewing this thread