BiS gear + professions

Snack

Salty
Havn't had a chance to play mutch since 6.02, so was wondering if, since stat squish and hit -> haste/crit, there has been any changes in BIS gear for rogues, hunters, mages and discs?

Also what proffesions are viable? if any...

I'm wondering the same for disc priests.

If someone can post a bis disc priest in 6.0 that would be great!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes its a better option now. But armory shows health points wrong I guess, you guys all seem to have same health, 5.6k :) also why didn't you go any haste?
Haste might be better now since you lost some instant spells like Prayer of Mending (now have a cast time) but crit has been best for dpriests since crits trigger Divine Aegis

I only went through my plate wearer but anything with extra sockets is better (so no more T6 belt probably) and a lot of SWP squished items are worse off than stuff from vendor.

Check out the vendor in Shattrath, I'm not sure if cloth is also better, probably is since it has 2 sockets.

I only went through my plate wearer but anything with extra sockets is better (so no more T6 belt probably) and a lot of SWP squished items are worse off than stuff from vendor.

Check out the vendor in Shattrath, I'm not sure if cloth is also better, probably is since it has 2 sockets.
Thank you :)

My Priest is almost BiS for WoD. I only need a couple different enchants on some of my items and then it'll be complete.

This goes for both my Disc and Shadow sets. If you're interested I can post screens of both.

My Priest is almost BiS for WoD. I only need a couple different enchants on some of my items and then it'll be complete.

This goes for both my Disc and Shadow sets. If you're interested I can post screens of both.
so haste > crit now?

so haste > crit now?

I feel it's not possible to get crit to a level where you will reliably crit often (unless you ignore all sockets and go +20crit everywhere, which is not optimal in any way), so it's not as good as it used to be. To add on top of that, crits are only 150% now, rather than 200%, so haste is better compared to before.

And haste is a lot of fun to play so there's that.

Update: I'm now completely BiS (as far as one can be BiS for PvP). Uploading screenshots in a moment for those interested.

Disc -
L41WHZr.jpg

Shadow -
hwEAzbh.jpg

Meta= +12int/+5% stun resistance (mana regen metas are invalid, mana doesn't exist anymore. The +5% stun resist is a nice boost to survivability if you're lucky I guess).
-Imbued Unstable Diamond - Item - World of Warcraft
Red = +10int (2 x +12 int as JC)
-Brilliant Crimson Spinel - Item - World of Warcraft
-Don Julio's Heart - Item - World of Warcraft
-Kailee's Rose - Item - World of Warcraft
Yellow = +5int/+10haste (if you really hate haste you can still play +5int/+10crit)
-Reckless Pyrestone - Spell - World of Warcraft
-Potent Pyrestone - Item - World of Warcraft
Blue= +13all x 1, +5int/+8stam (alternatively +10haste/+10crit)
-Enchanted Pearl - Item - World of Warcraft
-Timeless Dreadstone - Item - World of Warcraft
-Lightning Eye of Zul - Item - World of Warcraft

For enchants, you can just go to my armoury, I use the same enchants for shadow and disc.
------My Priest------

Sidenote: You can switch between Rocket Stun and Darkmoon Card: Crusade depending on what your team needs or what you feel more comfortable with. If you feel like you die a lot, go Rocket. If you want more pressure, go Darkmoon.

Another thing to keep in mind is that your CC potential goes through the roof if you play Rocket Stun. Stun into Silence will usually force the trinket on healers if you play it right with your team, after which you can land an easy fear with any small cc from your partners. A well timed Rocket can completely change the flow of a game.

I'm also still looking to get a different off-hand to try; it may or may not be better than the Heart.

PS: I'll probably write a full Priest guide sometime to condense all of the info I've given over the last few months.

Some possible head improvements:

Cowl of the Grand Engineer - Item - World of Warcraft

Maybe the Whitemend for 10% extra SP;
Whitemend Hood - Item - World of Warcraft
Whitemend Pants - Item - World of Warcraft

Has the same amount of sockets so it's not terrible, no sceondary stats though.

Circlet of Arcane Might - Item - World of Warcraft ??? Never seen this before, proc looks nice, 15 seconds as well.

For int-stacking it would be possible to go for Lola's Eve and Charlotte's Ivy as well, adds up to a total of 40 Intellect. Even with other necklaces and ring combos socketed you don't reach 40 intellect.

Some possible head improvements:

Cowl of the Grand Engineer - Item - World of Warcraft

Maybe the Whitemend for 10% extra SP;
Whitemend Hood - Item - World of Warcraft
Whitemend Pants - Item - World of Warcraft

Has the same amount of sockets so it's not terrible, no sceondary stats though.

Circlet of Arcane Might - Item - World of Warcraft ??? Never seen this before, proc looks nice, 15 seconds as well.

For int-stacking it would be possible to go for Lola's Eve and Charlotte's Ivy as well, adds up to a total of 40 Intellect. Even with other necklaces and ring combos socketed you don't reach 40 intellect.
Grand Engineer you just lose int and the stun resist to gain some haste. Verdict: If you like it go for it, I might try it.

Simply using tailoring means you lose out on 4 extra int from the gems, as well as the jc necklace which is basically a free socket (or you lose rocket stun which to be fair can be overlooked if you don't like using it). You then lose even more stats from getting the set items, which includes a load of intellect from pure stats as well as socket colours, and 10% of your intellect is ~60 extra SP for me, a reasonable amount but it's only able to offset the SP you've lost from getting the items. Verdict: Not worth it.

2% chance means once in every 50 spellcasts, good luck getting that to proc, and then you lose gems and secondary stats which are vastly superior to the possibility of that extra SP on proc, which undoubtedly also has a long cooldown. Verdict: not worth it

The ring set makes you lose out on some secondary stats (again) and also makes you give up your hyjal proc (which is actually good compared to most other proc items out there), only to gain 4 intellect over my ring setup. Verdict: Not worth it.

About OH, spirit is useless so you could switch to Fetish of the Primal Gods (vendor in Shatt) gives more int, and has same sec. stats except for no spirit.

Users who are viewing this thread