BiS blocking shield?

So for my 19 pally in progress im getting all the shield i could ever need, including blocking. So I got a "Defenders shield of Blocking" which is 3 strength and 5 block rating. I got the mats and made a mithril shield spike that I was gonna put on it but since mats were so expensive I need to know, is that the BiS?

edit: wowwww is mithril even BiS spike??? i just saw profile with felsteel shield spike?! wtf.... is that still possible to use?

No.

There is a 4STR version too. Atleast wowhead says so.

Grunts with 4 str and a felsteel spike is BiS, but those are so rare you might as well slap a felsteel spike on ur defenders tp tide you over. Although I think it's pretty strange that you're going sword and board on a pally, I've never seen a good pally sword and board, might wanna save that shield for a warrior.

Yes, warriors get shield block at 19

Talk to any pally these days and it's all 2h, they get survivability from CDs and heals that warriors don't have. That's why warrys are sword and board and pallys are 2h

Rivfader said:
Grunts with 4 str and a felsteel spike is BiS, but those are so rare you might as well slap a felsteel spike on ur defenders tp tide you over. Although I think it's pretty strange that you're going sword and board on a pally, I've never seen a good pally sword and board, might wanna save that shield for a warrior.

Outlast, a guild mate of mine and one of the better Paladins from the old Vindication battlegroup has always rocked prot spec, with a shadowfang+crusader, mostly mail gear, with spell chants, though he has little mana, his dmg output is pretty insane. when crusader procs, he switches to his bar with +25 agility.

most "ret" paladins roll with the majority of their talent points in prot anyway due to the strength buff and HoF CD reduction. It doesnt mean SnB is the way to go just because people spec prot. Shields use to be pretty decent when you could get redoubt as a 19pally but you no longer can

I have a shield + 1hander i switch to if im being focussed by something with hard hitting melee abilities. (mcgowans boa + deadskull if anyone is interested).

Kore nametooshort said:
most "ret" paladins roll with the majority of their talent points in prot anyway due to the strength buff and HoF CD reduction. It doesnt mean SnB is the way to go just because people spec prot. Shields use to be pretty decent when you could get redoubt as a 19pally but you no longer can

is aware......

Lawlpurge said:
sooooo that unequipped shadowfang i scored for this pally and spent 200 odd gold getting the 30 sp put on it.... should go to a warr? i mean i can always change the chant on it.... i was thinking like what that other dude said, mail strength/agi gear with a mix of sp and str chants, and inferno robe.

Nah. Sword and Board with spellchants is nice for a pally.

Eh tbh SF is a waste on a pally, no instant attacks and 2h ends up performing better. I also know that somewhere in this forum calculations

were done showing that str provides a lot

more damage and burst than SP. So I honestly wouldn't roll ret with anything other than str stacking gear. Still get a healing set but make sure it's only for healing.

Imo SF is a waste for a pally and 30sp on SF is definately a waste since there are higher dmg chants out there and better healing weapons. Enchant mixing just doesnt seem sensible from any angle i look at it.

If you want to hurt things pick up a 2H, if you want to heal things pick up a BoA mace.

Not that I'm much of one to talk about wasting a SF seeing as I DW them but really it should only be used as a rogue or war MH and since rogues aren't very fun to play I would say go ahead and take the opportunity to make a war

Users who are viewing this thread