BiS 85 Death Knight Chardev PvP

Higher passive damage, and way more pressure. Frost has burst for a while, but unholy with mastery will be scary at 85.

how big are theese unholy buffs anyhow? o.0

more death runes if you're purging with icy touch(and as any dk spec I purge a lot), easier switch and the fact that gargoyle scales with mastery and costs nothing to cast. What this means is that unholy has a very real potential to murder a healer if it's not peeled, cooldowns or otherwise.

Stacking mastery means that unholy doesn't even need to be in LoS of a target to do hefty damage to it.

Mostly quality of life changes, but the gargoyle thing is huge, especially for twinks.

I tried a few things on my DK for PvP.

I tried unholy, I can't play it for shit. Can't say I'm a great fan of the whole pet thing. Maybe if they let me sacrifice my ghoul I'd be interested.

At first I ran full PvP gear with 85 caps for hit/expertise. Kept on getting dodged and parried too much, so decided to go to the level 90 hit cap and reforge into expertise. That seems to be working for me.

Right now I run 433 helm with PvP Power gem and 450 belt with PvP Power, rest is Cataclysmic with full enchants for DPS and PvP Power gems.

For those of you following in the footsteps of the level 90's with PvP resilience stacking, you realise that all you're doing in a twink bracket is taking SLIGHTLY smaller amounts of burst damage, if they're already hitting you hard enough that you need the resilience you're most likely going to die in 4 or less hits anyway.

Quick example, I run up to you on my DK, my average obliterates will hit you for around 70k damage per crit on around 60% resilience you'd have with PvP gear and stacking PvP Power gems. This would be reduced to around 53.8k if stacking resilience gems in the same gear. Approximately a 30% decrease, sounds like a lot but when you have around 150 - 160k hp it really isn't.

PS. If you went full defensive though, so full stamina enchants and as much resilience as you could get, that might be worth it for arena. But for BG's where you're likely outnumbered anyway. It's all about dat PvP burst brah.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kayerx @ Draenor - Community - World of Warcraft is my arena partner (Kayer has been around for a while though), and even with the resilience values he has, damage taken is still pretty high. But, he doesn't struggle to kill anything either, so I'm not convinced that full PvP power will be the best thing for arenas (especially since an exemplary 2% increase in PvP power doesn't translate to 2% more damage), especially since resilience has increasing returns.

As for unholy, I've always preferred it to frost, especially since the MoP changes. Less penalty when going blood presence, more passive damage and a pet that is extremely useful if you control it correctly. Frost can be bursty, but it doesn't seem to scale so well with the large amounts of mastery we get at 85.

Users who are viewing this thread