BiS 16 hunter

Mehcritkillu said:
Yeah - well the Metalworking Gloves is nowhere to be seen on my AH :(

Do hunters really benefit from expertise? Don't think so :(

ty for the input

hunters do not benefit from expertise.

Mehcritkillu said:
:D

I hate 19 hunters, that's why I thought that I would try a 16, just cuz they aren't fully as OP - it's more of a chellange.

Following your own logic here, you should go 15 (yes I read you are doing a 16 however in reply to subpar's answer).

Allso Rockslicer will benefit your dps quite a lot (whether you go 15 or 16). You might find +20 haste to 2H weapon and +15 agility to gloves will give you best balance between haste/consistant dps and burst (this depends a little on your play style). Don't forget haste is allso very nice to get a lot of cc off, something that becomes even more important at lower level.

Last point, expertise is only usefull for your melee abilities (eg wingclip) this is not worth loosing other stats over I think.

Penicillin said:
Following your own logic here, you should go 15 (yes I read you are doing a 16 however in reply to subpar's answer).

Allso Rockslicer will benefit your dps quite a lot (whether you go 15 or 16). You might find +20 haste to 2H weapon and +15 agility to gloves will give you best balance between haste/consistant dps and burst (this depends a little on your play style). Don't forget haste is allso very nice to get a lot of cc off, something that becomes even more important at lower level.

Last point, expertise is only usefull for your melee abilities (eg wingclip) this is not worth loosing other stats over I think.

Thanks for the tips^^ Do you have any opinion on which BoA-set I should be using btw?

And just to clearify - the "Do hunters benefit from expertise?:) - No don't think so" was written in a "wrong" way or w/ you wanna call it :p I never thought hunters do benefit from expertise :)

Mehcritkillu said:
Thanks for the tips^^ Do you have any opinion on which BoA-set I should be using btw?

Your welcome. I have not made a 16 hunter (I have a 15 however) but my opinion is to get hit capped and max out dps at same time. It will be a nice puzzle to find out which Boa's fit in best here :) (my guess is you will need at least Boa shoulder or chest to reach hit cap at your level).

Penicillin said:
Your welcome. I have not made a 16 hunter (I have a 15 however) but my opinion is to get hit capped and max out dps at same time. It will be a nice puzzle to find out which Boa's fit in best here :) (my guess is you will need at least Boa shoulder or chest to reach hit cap at your level).

Agreed. I won't damage players that I miss.

Link your huntah pl0x

Penicillin said:
Iïlïlïlïlïl @ Stormrage - Game - World of Warcraft

Some items can be better, and when I have enough hit pots I use different gear (this hunter is not on a realm with a main atm as my "main" realm is full right now).

As an example, Boa gun and head are better (with Boa gun I would probably change to wrists from same questline for more hit).

Nice twink, seen you in a few BGs :)

How much superior is the BoA gun compared the the BoA bow? ty

BTW: what's your opinion on getting the Wind Rider Gloves? 5 stam and 5 crit

I am not sure how much better the Gun is than the Bow, I wrote it down after I figured it out for my own lvl 15 hunter but the Bow is pretty close if I recall correctly (Gun fits better with rest of my gear). I can not find the gloves you mention but those stats are very nice of course, get them! (I use the Defias ones myself on other sets)

All I can recommend is just get all you can get your hands on and tinker around a bit, the fun part of building an unusuall xp-of char in my opinion. :)

(allso I think Beastly - US has a nice lvl 16 hunter but I forget the name of that char, hope someone will link it for you)

Penicillin said:
I am not sure how much better the Gun is than the Bow, I wrote it down after I figured it out for my own lvl 15 hunter but the Bow is pretty close if I recall correctly (Gun fits better with rest of my gear). I can not find the gloves you mention but those stats are very nice of course, get them! (I use the Defias ones myself on other sets)

All I can recommend is just get all you can get your hands on and tinker around a bit, the fun part of building an unusuall xp-of char in my opinion. :)

(allso I think Beastly - US has a nice lvl 16 hunter but I forget the name of that char, hope someone will link it for you)

Thanks for all the advices, really apperciated <3

I think beastly is named Ikilly or something like that, not sure at all.

Wild Rider's Gloves - Item - World of Warcraft <- the gloves

For hit look at the stained shadowcraft BOA helm and shoulders, possibly more untill you are hit capped. The BOA bow has hit as well as ello's band which I believe is also obtainable at 16 if your alliance. The gun is better than the bow if you are hit capped because the gun has crit where as the bow has hit. If you are hit capped extra hit is useless, go for crit. The same stats still apply, get as much agi as you can, that will give you AP and crit as well as a bit of dodge for the rogues that are goingto shadow step into melee range.

The hunter BOA gear has a lot more crit and a lot less hit

Users who are viewing this thread