Bind to Battle.net replaces BoA?

Source

Not sure if this has been posted, but apparently on the PTR BoA's have switched to Bind on Battle.net. If so.. this is an amazing change and should make twinking life A LOT EASIER. I'm pretty excited.

EDIT: Confirmed.

EDIT 2: You can see the new tanking heirloom weapon in the screenshot below

MMO Champion said:
Account Bound Items

* Many "Account Bound" heirlooms are now labeled as "Battle.net Account Bound", meaning that they can also be traded or mailed to characters that are on different World of Warcraft accounts under the same Battle.net account.

* Mail sent to characters on the same Battle.net account now arrives instantaneously, as it does for the same World of Warcraft account.

* Mailing account-bound items to characters of the opposite faction on the same Battle.net account will now correctly translate faction-specific items to their appropriate equivalent.

Source

heirlooms.png

EDIT 3: Honor gain has been doubled:

MMO Champion said:
Player vs. Player

* The rate at which Honor Points are earned has been doubled.

Best news ever

doesnt look like cross realm boas to me, just looks like you can mail stuff from bnetaccount1 - > bnetaccount2 if ur on the same server.

seems like they would mention cross realm mail if you could, but they didnt. o well can wait and see :)

blueisbetterthanyou said:
doesnt look like cross realm boas to me, just looks like you can mail stuff from bnetaccount1 - > bnetaccount2 if ur on the same server.

seems like they would mention cross realm mail if you could, but they didnt. o well can wait and see :)

I noticed this too.. they don't even mention cross-realm. Shattered.

Ryadasu said:
I noticed this too.. they don't even mention cross-realm. Shattered.

Seems like cross realm would be easier than cross account. What if your Characters were on two different realms on different accounts (they don't adress this either)?

amg. DOUBLE... HONOR... GAINED!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?! I'm so happy I could almost roll a 19 hunter! O.O Grinding honor has always been a tuffi 4 meh ...

If you take a quick peek at a blue tracker you will see that there is a recent blue post, posted after the latest patch notes, stating that cross realm BoAs is still something they "would like to do". This is only cross account BoA, not cross realm.

Kore nametooshort said:
If you take a quick peek at a blue tracker you will see that there is a recent blue post, posted after the latest patch notes, stating that cross realm BoAs is still something they "would like to do". This is only cross account BoA, not cross realm.

They'd have to add an option to mail to a specific server, setting the current server as always default. If they did that, though, they could probably cross other items by just mailing them as well.

Users who are viewing this thread