Big changes to riding & flight in TWW

orcgazmatron

Veteran
10's will get 100% ground speed, 20's will have 220% flight & 'Skyriding' at 705% speed baseline, & 830% on the Dragonfetish isles.
30's will have 420% flight speed & fancy-pants 'Skyriding' of coarse.

For those of you who'v not yet suff... ahem...played DF, you will want to grab HandyNotes Dragon Glyphs for certain,
cause budget flying is total AIDS & you will absolutely HATE it till you grab all of the glyphs & upgrade it fully.

All in all, this is great news for all us Lowbie enjoyers, even for ground-mount enthusiasts like myself; I think this is spoiling us a bit much, but it is a welcome change.

Could be
So are our beloved historical 60% ground mounts gone ? (Not counting the heirloom mount)
Or perhaps we'll have level 1 mounts who knows ?
because DKs and DH’s have 100% from the get go, making it a balance thing for 10s so they arent behind.

Could be

because DKs and DH’s have 100% from the get go, making it a balance thing for 10s so they arent behind.
I'm sure it's because DF is to be the default leveling xPac & as flight is an integral part of the experience, every player able to go there will need it.
Then again, could also be: because the current dev team think that everyone should just have everything as soon as they log in.

For my part, I rode around on a ground mount for most of the xPac till 2 weeks ago when I finally went & got all the Flight token-do-hickies.
I really wanted to feel like I was 'In the World' ( it still feels like some other game, wearing WoW like a skin-suit )

Last edited:
I'm sure it's because DF is to be the default leveling xPac & as flight is an integral part of the experience, every player able to go there will need it.
Then again, could also be: because the current dev team think that everyone should just have everything as soon as they log in.

For my part, I rode around on a ground mount for most of the xPac till 2 weeks ago when I finally went & got all the Flight token-do-hickies.
I really wanted to feel like I was 'In the World' ( it still feels like some other game, wearing WoW like a skin-suit )
I can agree to that, one thing i enjoy is the ground mount experience of f2p, but the world exploration of getting to places you normally can’t just by flying is unbeatable and has a certain essence to it. Ill probably keep using ground mounts in cities though, more wholesome experience, unless im going to fly out. Who doesnt love the jump off the mage tower in sw

are those +220% and +420% for a total of 320% and 520%? that would be faster than what it currently is (250% and 410%)

are those +220% and +420% for a total of 320% and 520%? that would be faster than what it currently is (250% and 410%)
20's get 220% 'afk' flight speed & 30's will have 420% 'afk' flight speed.
Both are an increase of the current values for the 2 ranks of flight speed.

Users who are viewing this thread