EU+US BFA Level 1 Twink Guide

pokspell

Veteran
Hello everyone!
So recently I began a new adventure in the world of twinking, by doing at first a level 19-20 (yeah i know, I leveled him up :/) and a level 1 (who the topic is about).
With the help of Winterly, I managed to gear up a level 1 Dwarf warrior with the name of Woodhammer (I like giving rp name for my character).
I did my life with that little guy and one day I made a new friend who his character was level 1 too (Twiztid).
We discuss, duel each other a couple of time, and I pay attention that I lost 99% of the time. Twiztid has a level 1 Draenei warrior.
We compare at first our enchantments, but with the exception he has +1 more versability on ring than me (so he has +2 ver and me +1), we had the same enchantments.
We compare our hp by the same time, and we notice his character has more stamina than me (1 more stamina, so +9 hp).
That was very weird at first, because on several website, it says that Dwarf have more stamina than Draenei at level 1.
Then we decided to make (for like 30 secondes) a new fresh warrior with the same race, and we notice that the Draenei has 1 more stamina than Dwarf at level 1.

So an idea pop on my head: what are the base stat on each character for each class? Do they have the same stat? (and more question deep about the subject)
Curiosity on, I made a LOT of fresh level 1 (just for checking the base stat of each), and notice on a file each stat for each class.

There is the result:

upload_2020-7-18_15-44-46.png

So we can make some conclusion with the picture:

Gnomes and Goblins have the most intel base stat at level 1, and in the same time the lowest stamina at level 1;
Taurens has the most stamina of all race, and Draenei has the most in Alliance side;
Trolls and Night Elves have the most agility at level 1 (who not cap 20+, but 19);
Orcs are the strongest with 20 base stat in strength, and the less agile with 14 in agility;
Humans are not equal in each stat as they were before;
The most balance races (by that, I mean with the less difference between stats) are Worgen and Troll with both having 13-17-20 in stamina, and 19-18-17 in one of stat each (in the same time, they have the less intel at level 1 with 17 both);
Alliance Race are better in Agility and Intel stat, while Horde are better in Stamina and Strength;
I put Pandaren for fun (with the hope to be able to made a level 1 Pandaren one day) and I realised that they have 15 base agility, despite the fact they are the most iconic class for monk, who are agility user.

So, now the question is "What class/race combinaisons are powerful?"

Each class are different, but some specific class are better than other:
Spell caster class (Mage, Shaman, Druid, Priest and Warlock) are not so useful, because you keep missing spell in general.
Hunter has access to a pet (which is very powerful);
Warrior is the only class with a spending ability
(Hunter, Rogue and Monk spend resource too, but Cobra Shot Attack Ratio(Hunter) is too weak and the spending resource for Rogue is the Combo Point and for the Monk, chi);
Warrior and Warlock have the highest base stamina at level 1;
Rogue and Hunter can wield 2 weapons (hunter is better with 2 melee weapon than range weapon because of that);
Plate user have 5% dodge fix;
Warrior, Paladin and Shaman can wield shield;
Agility class gain dodge from their agility;
For the Hunter, Worgen and Gnome have with a Cunning pet (+8% speed), Dwarf and Goblin have a Tenacity pet (+5% health, who gives you in the final as much health as if you were a Warrior), the rest have a Ferocity Pet (+10% Leech).
I didn't talk much about Paladin because they are just weaker Warrior (the spell has a cooldown and do less damage than Slam, less stamina too, and can't wield all weapons like the Warrior)

With that in mind, we can see that Warrior and Hunter are better than the other class.

If we look at the Best race per class board and we choose only those 2 class, there is the result (Keep in mind that’s in theory):
Warrior: Draenei, Dwarf - Tauren
Hunter: Night Elf, Dwarf- Troll

You can still make the class you would like to play, that’s more if you would like to be the strongest.

For the new player who wants to make a level 1, you probably asked "How do you gear a level 1?" and I have the answer: quests and Party sync with Cache of goods.
To do that, you have to complete all the quest in each starter zone first, then party with someone, then activating the "party sync" to do all the quest again (the rate of the cache is between 1/5 and 1/3).

So for the next part, we discovered that the higher you have after 10/10, the higher you'll miss, so just do all the quest once, if you want to keep your purple item, put them in the void storage!
But while doing quests for the first time, you can get loot as reward, and some of the are green item. And those green item have a small chance to upgrade while receiving the reward (they can upgrade as rare or epic).
Rare items have a ilvl (item level) of 7, and epic a ilvl of 13 (which is huge at level 1). Party sync cache give ilvl 10.

On the Alliance quest, we can't do the Gnome one (except if you're a Gnome), the Draenei crashing site (except if you're a Draenei) and the Worgen (except if you're a Worgen).
There is a bug when you can't do all of the Elwynn Forest quest, because when you finish the human starting zone, the quests in Goldenshire requires to be level 5 minimum.
For the rewards, you can have all slots (some 2 times and more) except the head, neck, rings and trinkets slots.
On the Horde side, only Blood elves (Isle part), Troll (Echo Isle) and Goblin (Lost Isle part) can't be done, except by the race himself (but goblin can't still do the Lost Isle quests line, because it require level 5).
You can do all the quest in Durotan in comparison of Evelynn Forest.
For the rewards, you can have only 2 gauntlets, 2 wrists, 1 waist and 2 weapons...for a hunter, actually, each class doesn't get the same reward in each quest, so just test them and see by yourself.
Troll and Gnome can get a green weapon early in their quest line, so it might be a good way to reset a character until you get an epic!

Now the Enchant part! now you have all you gear, time to enchant them all to be more stronger! :D
If you have an enchant character on the same server, better using it to save a bunch of Golds.
Here is the list of best enchant for level 1.
Head: None
Neck: Mark of the Hidden Satyr
Shoulder: None (Mark of the Scavenging can be good if you want to farm cloth on humanoid, but none of them give stat or the level requirement is too high)
Chest: Enchant Chest: Greater Stats
Cloak: Enchant Cloak - Shadow armor (whatever your class, this is the only enchant who gives +3 armor)
Wrist: Enchant Wrist: Stats
Hand: +1 Attack Power or +1 Spell Power (Classic enchant)(Depend of your class)
Belt: None (too high level and it's for sockets generally)
Legging: Armor kit (didn't seem to work, but better than nothing) (Classic Leatherworking)
Boots: Enchant Boots: Earthen Vitality
Rings: Ring or Versability (+2 if possible)
Trinket: None
Weapon: Elemental Force OR Enchant: Crusader (Plate user only)* OR go with your imagination (most of them work at level 1, just the scaling is very different)
Shield: Enchant Shield: Vitality(Warrior, Paladin and Shaman)
Off Hand: ???
Wand: ???

*: Elemental Force(who deals more nature damage) procs more often than Crusader, but when Crusader procs, it gives +100 Strength (even at level 1) and heals you, so in duel it's almost guarantee a gg!

Last edited:
Other things that I pay attention: when I dueled Twiztid, my Dwarf always keeps missing his auto attack or Slam, while Twiztid Draenei hit me most of the time. I had a theory than smaller creature miss more than bigger creature.
I dueled his Human hunter and monk Dwarf, and I got clap by his human (taller than me, and with or without pet) but with his Dwarf Monk, it’s equal (same size). With other test (small race Hunter) me and Twiztid made the conclusion that Dwarf...just suck...as his Dwarf just miss me most of the time while i destroy him, and i managed to win 50% of the duel against his other toons
This is known as Tony's Law, it has to do with the total ilvl of items in your bags. It only applies to levels 1-11.

https://xpoff.com/threads/tonys-law-hit-mechanics-in-lvl-1-dueling-explained.81708/

We had the same amount of ilvl item (10/10 both) for our Dwarf...and our Dwarf just keep missing in general :/, but yeah, that might be an explanation!
Tony's law occurs when dueling at low levels. In this situation you will almost always experience a hit rate difference. This is caused by one player having a higher maximum possibly equipped ilvl score counting all items in their bags and bank. A lower total ilvl than your opponent means you'll never miss and you'll dodge a lot. A higher total ilvl than your opponent means you'll miss a lot and always get hit.
It counts items in bags / bank too. Are you certain that you two had the same maximum? Seems unlikely unless you both made new toons for the sake of testing.

It counts items in bags / bank too. Are you certain that you two had the same maximum? Seems unlikely unless you both made new toons for the sake of testing.
actually, I have 10/10.62 (bought Darkmoon Flower), but before, I had 10/10.13 (Got a Epic Shield while questing). If I read correctly, the lower you have, the more likely the opponent will miss on you, so in theory they should miss their hit on my...what is not actually the case, as I miss my hit most of the time

Edit: i managed to remove the 0.63 ilvl, and now i can hit normally my opponent! so the little extra after the 10 makes a big difference! i changed some part in the main text

Last edited:
Hello everyone!
So recently I began a new adventure in the world of twinking, by doing at first a level 19-20 (yeah i know, I leveled him up :/) and a level 1 (who the topic is about).
With the help of Winterly, I managed to gear up a level 1 Dwarf warrior with the name of Woodhammer (I like giving rp name for my character).
I did my life with that little guy and one day I made a new friend who his character was level 1 too (Twiztid).
We discuss, duel each other a couple of time, and I pay attention that I lost 99% of the time. Twiztid has a level 1 Draenei warrior.
We compare at first our enchantments, but with the exception he has +1 more versability on ring than me (so he has +2 ver and me +1), we had the same enchantments.
We compare our hp by the same time, and we notice his character has more stamina than me (1 more stamina, so +9 hp).
That was very weird at first, because on several website, it says that Dwarf have more stamina than Draenei at level 1.
Then we decided to make (for like 30 secondes) a new fresh warrior with the same race, and we notice that the Draenei has 1 more stamina than Dwarf at level 1.

So an idea pop on my head: what are the base stat on each character for each class? Do they have the same stat? (and more question deep about the subject)
Curiosity on, I made a LOT of fresh level 1 (just for checking the base stat of each), and notice on a file each stat for each class.

There is the result:

View attachment 16002

So we can make some conclusion with the picture:

Gnomes and Goblins have the most intel base stat at level 1, and in the same time the lowest stamina at level 1;
Taurens has the most stamina of all race, and Draenei has the most in Alliance side;
Trolls and Night Elves have the most agility at level 1 (who not cap 20+, but 19);
Orcs are the strongest with 20 base stat in strength, and the less agile with 14 in agility;
Humans are not equal in each stat as they were before;
The most balance races (by that, I mean with the less difference between stats) are Worgen and Troll with both having 13-17-20 in stamina, and 19-18-17 in one of stat each (in the same time, they have the less intel at level 1 with 17 both);
Alliance Race are better in Agility and Intel stat, while Horde are better in Stamina and Strength;
I put Pandaren for fun (with the hope to be able to made a level 1 Pandaren one day) and I realised that they have 15 base agility, despite the fact they are the most iconic class for monk, who are agility user.

So, now the question is "What class/race combinaisons are powerful?"

Each class are different, but some specific class are better than other:
Spell caster class (Mage, Shaman, Druid, Priest and Warlock) are not so useful, because you keep missing spell in general.
Hunter has access to a pet (which is very powerful);
Warrior is the only class with a spending ability
(Hunter, Rogue and Monk spend resource too, but Cobra Shot Attack Ratio(Hunter) is too weak and the spending resource for Rogue is the Combo Point and for the Monk, chi);
Warrior and Warlock have the highest base stamina at level 1;
Rogue and Hunter can wield 2 weapons (hunter is better with 2 melee weapon than range weapon because of that);
Plate user have 5% dodge fix;
Warrior, Paladin and Shaman can wield shield;
Agility class gain dodge from their agility;
For the Hunter, Worgen and Gnome have with a Cunning pet (+8% speed), Dwarf and Goblin have a Tenacity pet (+5% health, who gives you in the final as much health as if you were a Warrior), the rest have a Ferocity Pet (+10% Leech).
I didn't talk much about Paladin because they are just weaker Warrior (the spell has a cooldown and do less damage than Slam, less stamina too, and can't wield all weapons like the Warrior)

With that in mind, we can see that Warrior and Hunter are better than the other class.

If we look at the Best race per class board and we choose only those 2 class, there is the result (Keep in mind that’s in theory):
Warrior: Draenei, Dwarf - Tauren
Hunter: Night Elf, Dwarf- Troll

You can still make the class you would like to play, that’s more if you would like to be the strongest.

For the new player who wants to make a level 1, you probably asked "How do you gear a level 1?" and I have the answer: quests and Party sync with Cache of goods.
To do that, you have to complete all the quest in each starter zone first, then party with someone, then activating the "party sync" to do all the quest again (the rate of the cache is between 1/5 and 1/3).

So for the next part, we discovered that the higher you have after 10/10, the higher you'll miss, so just do all the quest once, if you want to keep your purple item, put them in the void storage!
But while doing quests for the first time, you can get loot as reward, and some of the are green item. And those green item have a small chance to upgrade while receiving the reward (they can upgrade as rare or epic).
Rare items have a ilvl (item level) of 7, and epic a ilvl of 13 (which is huge at level 1). Party sync cache give ilvl 10.

On the Alliance quest, we can't do the Gnome one (except if you're a Gnome), the Draenei crashing site (except if you're a Draenei) and the Worgen (except if you're a Worgen).
There is a bug when you can't do all of the Elwynn Forest quest, because when you finish the human starting zone, the quests in Goldenshire requires to be level 5 minimum.
For the rewards, you can have all slots (some 2 times and more) except the head, neck, rings and trinkets slots.
On the Horde side, only Blood elves (Isle part), Troll (Echo Isle) and Goblin (Lost Isle part) can't be done, except by the race himself (but goblin can't still do the Lost Isle quests line, because it require level 5).
You can do all the quest in Durotan in comparison of Evelynn Forest.
For the rewards, you can have only 2 gauntlets, 2 wrists, 1 waist and 2 weapons...for a hunter, actually, each class doesn't get the same reward in each quest, so just test them and see by yourself.
Troll and Gnome can get a green weapon early in their quest line, so it might be a good way to reset a character until you get an epic!

Now the Enchant part! now you have all you gear, time to enchant them all to be more stronger! :D
If you have an enchant character on the same server, better using it to save a bunch of Golds.
Here is the list of best enchant for level 1.
Head: None
Neck: Mark of the Hidden Satyr
Shoulder: None (Mark of the Scavenging can be good if you want to farm cloth on humanoid, but none of them give stat or the level requirement is too high)
Chest: Enchant Chest: Greater Stats
Cloak: Enchant Cloak - Shadow armor (whatever your class, this is the only enchant who gives +3 armor)
Wrist: Enchant Wrist: Stats
Hand: +1 Attack Power or +1 Spell Power (Classic enchant)(Depend of your class)
Belt: None (too high level and it's for sockets generally)
Legging: Armor kit (didn't seem to work, but better than nothing) (Classic Leatherworking)
Boots: Enchant Boots: Earthen Vitality
Rings: Ring or Versability (+2 if possible)
Trinket: None
Weapon: Elemental Force OR Enchant: Crusader (Plate user only)* OR go with your imagination (most of them work at level 1, just the scaling is very different)
Shield: Enchant Shield: Vitality(Warrior, Paladin and Shaman)
Off Hand: ???
Wand: ???

*: Elemental Force(who deals more nature damage) procs more often than Crusader, but when Crusader procs, it gives +100 Strength (even at level 1) and heals you, so in duel it's almost guarantee a gg!

@pokspell UR INSIGNIA WILL B, YUMMY !

Users who are viewing this thread