Best weapon enchant for healers?

You can find a sticky thread about many items in the f2p section. When it comes to healers enchant I can only answer for my class (mw monk) and that is the spellpower enchants. (not the proc ones) :)

Static enchants are always better for a healer. Not sure why Blizzard continues to put proc enchants into the game when they clearly function differently for healers/ranged than for melee.

Jade Spirit

I am assuming what he means is that the Jade Spirit proc would provide the best HPS overall.

The only thing with procs is that they don't necessarily proc when you want. A tick of SW:p while absolutely nothing is going on can trigger it and waste the cooldown. Of course, with Disc Priests we are always generally on the offensive when there is nothing to heal so that wasted proc can easily be turned into added burst damage.

I go for EF personally since I generally dot everything in sight and that means EF can proc away while I shield and heal and add to the overall damage of my team.

I am assuming what he means is that the Jade Spirit proc would provide the best HPS overall.

The only thing with procs is that they don't necessarily proc when you want. A tick of SW:p while absolutely nothing is going on can trigger it and waste the cooldown. Of course, with Disc Priests we are always generally on the offensive when there is nothing to heal so that wasted proc can easily be turned into added burst damage.

I go for EF personally since I generally dot everything in sight and that means EF can proc away while I shield and heal and add to the overall damage of my team.

EF for healers? =P

shook said:
Not true. Jade Spirit is superior to any other.

I've explained my thoughts on this before:

1. When Your proc is down, you're minus the amount of spellpower you would have had from a static enchant.

2. A ranged DPS/healer can only utilize one weapon enchant at a time. This automatically makes proc enchants half as beneficial for a ranged DPS/healer as they would be for a dual wielding melee.

3. When you get a proc as a melee, unless you can't get in melee range, you get free hits all day long and you can tunnel your double procs into people. It's literally brain dead easy to get full use out of a proc. When you get a proc as a healer/ranged DPS, you get tunneled by Melee and can't do anything with the procs you get while you're under pressure. Jade spirit proc last for 10 seconds, most of which you will spend juking or interrupted, unable to make effective use of a proc.

4. Jade spirit only procs for 21 int at his level, vs 16 spellpower the old vanilla enchant always has active. It's not difficult to see why static enchant is always better.

There is no "best" of anything any more. Only what is best for your playstyle. If you intend to only heal and shield a lot, a static spellpower would be a good choice. If you plan to use a lot of DoTs and use your healer as a damage dealer, then an enchant with a proc may be the better choice.

/cheers
Sweetsidney

Allybeboba said:
There is no "best" of anything any more. Only what is best for your playstyle. If you intend to only heal and shield a lot, a static spellpower would be a good choice. If you plan to use a lot of DoTs and use your healer as a damage dealer, then an enchant with a proc may be the better choice.

Mathematically, there is a best weapon enchant. It's the one that provides the biggest benefit to your throughput over time. For DPS, this enchant is Elemental force. For healers, it's Spellpower to weapon.

It's really not a matter of opinion at this point, unless your opinion of 'best' is to have smaller numbers than other players.

Users who are viewing this thread