EU+US Best stat for Frost DK?

cozmo

Grandfathered
so I've been working on my Frost DK 101 twink as of late and I've been wondering, what's the best stat to focus on?

I have:
18k Strength
45% Critical Strike
56% Haste
68% Mastery

I focused specifically on Haste so I'd have faster rune regeneration to spam Howling Blast during dungeon runs, but what else should I focus on? Strength, Mastery, or Critical Strike?

As per usual, it depends what you want to do. As long as you're not completely lop-sided with one of your secondary stats you really can't go wrong. If all you want is burst then you're going to take more mastery over the other stats. If you want solid sustained then crit is better (imo). I prefer str over anything since my secondaries are all relatively high.

Aelo did a comparison of all the 101 twinks for something like a 1 minute fight several months ago. I noticed the DKs with high str and crit seemed to do much better than the ones that stacked the other secondaries. However, this was back when most frost DKs were around 820 ilvl (all plate).

2 crit items (neck + ring), then go for max mastery. Haste is for fast pulling (dungeons) and thats all. Mastery is for max dps. After mastery goes Vers

Users who are viewing this thread