Best Race/Sex for WSG Jumps?

deftones said:
Hey I have an idea... stop worrying about terrain exploits and help your team without being a cheater.

If you were any good on the ground you wouldn't need to worry about it now would you?

i think you mean...

FFS EFC'S KEEP LOSING ME ON THEES CHEETR JUMPS

WHY DOES EVERYONE CHEET

when you should take the 10 minutes to learn how to do them, then master them, so you can be 'good on the ground' and be a 1337 haxsploiter

hint (sarcasm)

A good number of these are against the ToS, it's no good discussing the 'morals' of it, someone could perhaps be bitter after a premade and report your team. It's a pretty low risk thing as blizzard have no record of whether or not people actually exploit and it's extremely rare for a GM to stick around spying on someone to catch them in the act. Although a GM I ticketed did it to someone I reported. Good times.

So yeah this was a pointless ramble, carry on.

I've played a troll male since I started playing a little before pre-bc, I have no trouble with any of the jumps at all you name em'. Trolls aren't super big but not small like BELF's so I think it's a great combination...hope it helps, please get back to me about me making a druid or anything else overthere Jihad.

-Bubbagump

Hey I have an idea... stop worrying about terrain exploits and help your team without being a cheater.

Its just such a retarded statement i dont know how to articulate a response which encapsulates the fail. Terrain is there to be used and is the #1 factor in All player vs player games ever made on any console ever. Unless terrain is obviously equal like pong. For your case, i recommend looking into pvp pong.

I dont find a big problem doing most jumps. GY jumps are a nightmare, but other than that i dont have a problem as a male UD

I find both GY jumps to be quite easy on male UD.

On male dranei the fence jump is SO EASY.

I'm not sure what my favorite is though. Maybe male dranei. I like belf too tho.

jump and WSG terrain exploiting is not the same for all races/genders

on my alliance

Male draenai clear the horde fence center with one hop, just like going up a step. my female hunter has to do multiple angle jumps.

female NE, i have seen painaid do the jumps and climbs, i have a 14 NE female rogue. with no practice i climbed the horde wall to the right of their GY, jumped the fence, did the the alliance tunnel climbs....i was amazed. don't have a male NE, so no inputs there.

my female gnome rogue, can clear the horde fence even when stealthed in 1-2 jumps, have no male.

my human female over all seems the same as my NE female.

on my horde side.....IMO, most overall are gimped

my BE female i have to multiple angle jump to get over horde fence, she can do some of the tunnel exploits, the horde GY right side climb can do that, but you have to be dead on, not as easy as it is with my NE female. i have no male BE.

my male troll rogue, seems like a waste of time to really even try. i have seen female trolls do many of them, but they are rare on horde side, as are trolls overall.

my Orc male does fairly well on the horde fence, have problems on others. i have no orc female, and rarely see them on RUIN bg.

my 39 tauren male, sucks on the jumping, was told i should do a character recustomization and switch to female. in 19 bracket they do seem to do well on the jumps.

my undead players overall seem to all out suck at the jumps...imo...totally gimped. their jumps seem slow and faster but not as high as other races. they do have the ability like humans to speed jump and out run players at times

Deviate Delight should fix it.

In direct response to crusade:

All characters hitboxes are normalized, which means they're all the same. From a purely technical standpoint, its not easier or harder for one race or another to land a jump becuase every characters physics are the same. Do gnomes run faster than tauren? no, but it looks like it when you have two people playing side by side. So do certain models jump better than others? Technicly no, It comes down to individual player skill and model animations.

Little things about certain character models can throw off your jump's positioning by messing with player perception.

For instance, Male undead lurch a little to the right, so you may be judging the jump a little imprecicely, which would be why people think that they're "not good", even though the jump is perfectly doable.

Same goes for tauren males. They're a very big model, it can be difficult to manage the camera angle and judge where their feet box actually is (where they would stand)

For the easiest time jumping, pick a small model with a stance that has the feet close together and a linear, smooth run animation. However, remember: everyone can do every jump, it just takes practice.

This post is the exact reason most "jumps" are exploits. I consider anything that any race/sex cant do completely equal an exploit.

Diiesel said:
This post is the exact reason most "jumps" are exploits. I consider anything that any race/sex cant do completely equal an exploit.

You're right. and while were on the subject of being completely equal, lets all roll hunters because there is no point in playing a twink if you're not a hunter because other classes are harder to play.

Grunge said:
You're right. and while were on the subject of being completely equal, lets all roll hunters because there is no point in playing a twink if you're not a hunter because other classes are harder to play.

You sir, can use logic.

4 button rotation aside from trinkets/crutches is good

Grunge said:

Thats debatable. Jumps and not being equal are not.

Grunge said:
In direct response to crusade:

All characters hitboxes are normalized, which means they're all the same. From a purely technical standpoint, its not easier or harder for one race or another to land a jump becuase every characters physics are the same. Do gnomes run faster than tauren? no, but it looks like it when you have two people playing side by side. So do certain models jump better than others? Technicly no, It comes down to individual player skill and model animations.

Little things about certain character models can throw off your jump's positioning by messing with player perception.

For instance, Male undead lurch a little to the right, so you may be judging the jump a little imprecicely, which would be why people think that they're "not good", even though the jump is perfectly doable.

Same goes for tauren males. They're a very big model, it can be difficult to manage the camera angle and judge where their feet box actually is (where they would stand)

For the easiest time jumping, pick a small model with a stance that has the feet close together and a linear, smooth run animation. However, remember: everyone can do every jump, it just takes practice.

i disagree, they are not all the same. i have found my larger human female able to go under things and inbetween some gaps, that my BE female cannot.

just as a gnome can go under things that other races can not.

as for the jumps, i have played various races, they are not all the same on the jumps. i am full scrolled out so positioning and perception is not a issue.

just like i said in a previous post take a draenai male and got to the horde fence center jump area. no practice required. i found the same thing with my NE female and on other areas too.

i had more practice with my BE female, than any other race. i can make most of the jumps, but that race for me is inconsistent. when i used my NE female she was making the same jumps with ease....no practice, over and over, very consistent.

Prodigy plays a fleet of killer twinks on horde and alliance side of RUIN, they are not johnny come lately's, they would know if there is really any difference.

From my experience tauren male is better at jumping than orc males

All characters hitboxes are normalized, which means they're all the same. From a purely technical standpoint, its not easier or harder for one race or another to land a jump becuase every characters physics are the same.

No. '

Hamcake said:

ask a couple gm's then, you dont have to take my word for it.

Get your gf and jump off a building to see who can jump farther.

Grunge said:
ask a couple gm's then, you dont have to take my word for it.

GM's are not the word or informed on every aspect of the game. a fine example is of past screen shots on same questions asked to GM and varied/conflicting answers recieved

undeads of both sex are the worst to jump with, tauren the easiest.

i found draeni pretty easy on alliance side. The biggest problem i have on my undead is the jump from alliance tunnel to the little corner you get stuck in and then jump up to the top of the tunnel

can never get it on my UD but i can do it without stopping on my tauren

shanker said:
GM's are not the word or informed on every aspect of the game. a fine example is of past screen shots on same questions asked to GM and varied/conflicting answers recieved

Thats why i said a couple, to see if their info matches up.

At any rate, do you notice how everyone says very different things about what classes are good at jumping? Personally i love my female UD, i think shes very good at jumping. her feet make a little arrow so i know exactly where her center is, the only jump i have a problem with is horde tunnel and horde gy side.

My male belf is kinda meh tho.

Users who are viewing this thread