Best Level to farm in the open world and solo dungeons?

Fabrishire

Grandfathered
As the title says, i'm interested in twinking for two reasons: soloing dungeons (Freehold mainly) and one-shotting open world mobs (or the closest to oneshotting).
Of course the purpose is basically gold making trough soloiong dungeons and farming at insane speeds.
Given this premise, what level gives me the greatest power for this purpose? I've checked this forum and i've seen level 14 as a good power spike, but i'm not able to tell if it's better or worse than other levels in terms of power (for example, is a talent at lvl 15 worth not staying lvl 14? Is better gear better than better low-lvl scaling? etc).
Finally, what class is best suited at the reccommended level for these tasks? I guess some tank/self-healing class, but again i'm no expert at all.

Thanks in advance for any help!

from what i've gathered, a 10 prot pally would be a solid choice with various pieces of gear, like the trinket from HOV

whatever it is you're going to build, make it quick and get nitro boosts on the ilvl 50 belt from Pillars Of Earth quests before they nerf them.

from what i've gathered, a 10 prot pally would be a solid choice with various pieces of gear, like the trinket from HOV

whatever it is you're going to build, make it quick and get nitro boosts on the ilvl 50 belt from Pillars Of Earth quests before they nerf them.
Thanks for the quick reply!
Why should i hurry though? If they nerf ilvls, don't they nerf them retroactively like they did for HoA and other legion items?
Also is 10 the most powerful level for just sheer PvE soloiong and oneshotting? Or is 10 best just for pally?

Why should i hurry though? If they nerf ilvls, don't they nerf them retroactively like they did for HoA and other legion items?
yes, but nitro boosts can only be applied to high ilvl belts. This is currently the only way for low levels to acquire this tinker. Once they nerf the belt, the tinker is still on it and will still work.

though it all of a sudden occurs to me that Im not sure 10s can do those quest lines... @ohti can confirm/deny

Also is 10 the most powerful level for just sheer PvE soloiong and oneshotting?
The scaling is insane in terms of how weak the mobs are vs how strong youre capable of being

yes, but nitro boosts can only be applied to high ilvl belts. This is currently the only way for low levels to acquire this tinker. Once they nerf the belt, the tinker is still on it and will still work.

though it all of a sudden occurs to me that Im not sure 10s can do those quest lines... @ohti can confirm/deny

The scaling is insane in terms of how weak the mobs are vs how strong youre capable of being
Excellent! And i guess this scaling ratio is better at 10 than at any other level yes? Or is the tradeoff in terms of talents/gear/spells too great? Again, this would not be for pvp, so i don't care if to clear freehold i need to press 2 ir 3 buttons, as long as i'm as powerful as i can be while doing so (for faster/healthier clears of course, time is money!)
[doublepost=1605221802,1605221599][/doublepost]
The only Pillar of Creation unavailable at level 10 is Suramar.

The belt is obtainable.
I see, thanks, will get to get that belt!
Anything else that is "do it now or cry forever" for the purposes i described in the OP?
Of course, stuff that is going to be taken away in a matter of days i do not care about, i'd like to build a twink that can be used for farming when SL hits as well.

I see, thanks, will get to get that belt!
Anything else that is "do it now or cry forever" for the purposes i described in the OP?
Of course, stuff that is going to be taken away in a matter of days i do not care about, i'd like to build a twink that can be used for farming when SL hits as well.
As far as genuine GF scare? That's about it. We assume everything else is going to be straight up fixed or scaled.

I will second @Chops on prot pally. I have no experience playing pally and was in maw of souls for my first dungeon and the entire group wiped on helya and I soloed it at level 10 no prob. That was straight out the box with mostly unenchanted heirlooms

As far as genuine GF scare? That's about it. We assume everything else is going to be straight up fixed or scaled.
Thanks again for your help! How much time do i have to rush for the belt and the nitro boost?
I will second @Chops on prot pally. I have no experience playing pally and was in maw of souls for my first dungeon and the entire group wiped on helya and I soloed it at level 10 no prob. That was straight out the box with mostly unenchanted heirlooms
Nice! I hope it has either a good AoE or low CDs, since i hope to clean dungeons and farm masses of mobs, but the fact that it can tank, heal and destroy is definetly my fit

Thanks again for your help! How much time do i have to rush for the belt and the nitro boost?

Nice! I hope it has either a good AoE or low CDs, since i hope to clean dungeons and farm masses of mobs, but the fact that it can tank, heal and destroy is definetly my fit
Between avengers shield and consecration you’re pretty well covered. Banking well placed avengers shields off mobs and figuring out angles is actually a pretty fun way to rip through a dungeon

The reason there's a rush is because we don't know when the patch is going to come out. The sooner you get it the better, tonight if you can.

Anyone try BM monk at 10 for this yet? At least they have a mobile AoE available... but they dont have stagger yet.

edit-
is a talent at lvl 15 worth not staying lvl 14?

Would totally depend on the talent. Not all of them suck and not all of them dont.

Wow I misread that like crazy, my bad lol Dont know why but I read that as only suramar is available lol sorry.

Wow, that’s a huge effort soloing Helya.
She was slapping my Huntard around even in a full group - lol.

Destructor tentacles are beasts, they smack down anything right now its pretty great. people walking into holes and dying instantly, no one kicking here aoe water attack even though we have 3-4 classes that can kick. people standing in her frontal cone attack taht melts levelers like hot cheese.

helya and the dungeon she is in is prob my favorite to tank heal and dps atm its actually a lot of fun. I am not even being sarcastic it actually requires people pay attention to things which is nice. All that being said I can 100% see a paladin soloing the entire dungeon still.

Anyone try BM monk at 10 for this yet? At least they have a mobile AoE available... but they dont have stagger yet.

edit-

Would totally depend on the talent. Not all of them suck and not all of them dont.

I have indeed tried. At ilvl 14 (standard 10 gear), I tested an MM Hunter, Guardian Druid, BM Monk, Prot Pally, Vengeance Dh(lvl 14). The sustained DPS went from MM = Prot > BM = Guardian > Vengeance. This was near the start of pre-patch, so things might have changed, but Judgement in general seems pretty overtuned even now. I'd maybe pick BM for the Touch of Death in PVE, but the dps is pretty bad. Prot is just much easier to play and much more powerful than the other tanks. I'd pick Guardian if you like ranged pulling the entire dungeon, but the definite goto is definitely Pally. I haven't tried Prot Warriors though, maybe I should, but it doesn't seem like they have any self-sustain, which would suck for Bossfights

Hi all, i recently started playing again!
The reason i necro this 2 years old thread is because i need to ask this question again: What is currently the best level and class to solo dungeons and farm spots?
Level 10 Druid? Level 20? Demon Hunter? Again i'm not sure what content would be best to solo and with which class and level, but as always i don't care about PvP, only PvE farming for gold.

Thanks as always for any advice!

Users who are viewing this thread