Best in Slot Guide for Level 70 PvP Rogues?

Kickenwang

Legend
I have a level 70 rogue, and I have full Brutal at the moment, but I have heard from people in my guild that running some pieces of sunwell gear that have 3 sockets are better. I have also heard that I am supposed to gear for the 4 piece T6 set bonus, but I am really not sure which would be best for me? Any suggestions would be helpful.

as with any class you gear it towards what you want to play like.

rogue with brutal are pretty meh, like its damage but its not amazing. rogue with full pve gear that are played well can kill anything.

Idsàpthat @ Frostmourne - Game - World of Warcraft

was my 2s partner and alt of my gm. as far as i know it is bis, some argue weather offhand glaive is bis though. and i have no idea about the weapon enchants. but from what ive learned, that rogue is pretty much bis.

as for my experience? i have 3 lvl 70 twink dps, and 2/3 of them i go full raid gear glass cannon like, and imo its the better choice. that and rogue can stealth and shadow dance-ambush, so if anything it would be a stronger pve gear character.

Thanks for the quick responses! I already have the 3 pieces of T6 I can get from sunwell, so if I can get the legs I think I'm going to use those 4 pieces. Also, what is a good second trinket to go along with the pvp trinket? I have the bloodlust brooch at the moment but it's pretty bad.

Aerodynamic said:
as with any class you gear it towards what you want to play like.

rogue with brutal are pretty meh, like its damage but its not amazing. rogue with full pve gear that are played well can kill anything.

Idsàpthat @ Frostmourne - Game - World of Warcraft

was my 2s partner and alt of my gm. as far as i know it is bis, some argue weather offhand glaive is bis though. and i have no idea about the weapon enchants. but from what ive learned, that rogue is pretty much bis.

as for my experience? i have 3 lvl 70 twink dps, and 2/3 of them i go full raid gear glass cannon like, and imo its the better choice. that and rogue can stealth and shadow dance-ambush, so if anything it would be a stronger pve gear character.

No offense but rogues want to do the opposite of this. You do NOT want to go into arena in full pve gear. why you may ask? Because despite how good the rogue's healer is, the rogue is going to get torn apart. You want to at the very least wear 4 pc brutal. You get the extra energy bonus as well as resil. Resil isn't the cure all stat but when you're going up against mage/rogue or mage/priest, you're going to wish you had resil as you're laying on the arena floor watching your healer get worked. Sure you could wear full pve gear in the 1800's, but once you reach an mmr where good players are your opponents, its going to be a way easier win for them. If you can't take my word for it just ask yow or sober, I feel they'd agree with me for the most part.**

My rogue managed to survive with just the 4 set from main brutal and pve rest, whether this was down to good synergy/skills i don't know, but we seemed to manage fine besides mages burst :) you'd have to ask yow for more info though, but from the healer pov (which i played) it was fine keeping him up. Also any rogue stuck sub 2k is pretty shocking, not quite as bad as a mage though :D

Brale said:
No offense but rogues want to do the opposite of this. You do NOT want to go into arena in full pve gear. why you may ask? Because despite how good the rogue's healer is, the rogue is going to get torn apart. You want to at the very least wear 4 pc brutal. You get the extra energy bonus as well as resil. Resil isn't the cure all stat but when you're going up against mage/rogue or mage/priest, you're going to wish you had resil as you're laying on the arena floor watching your healer get worked. Sure you could wear full pve gear in the 1800's, but once you reach an mmr where good players are your opponents, its going to be a way easier win for them. If you can't take my word for it just ask yow or sober, I feel they'd agree with me for the most part.**

ah none taken.

i have gotten to 2.2k in arena with my partner sub rogue partner averaging about 60 resilance. it wasnt any thing hard ether. with the amount of cc and bubbles and burst, its all a matter of not running into mages with taziks pretty much, and even then it wouldnt matter if he had resilance or not, but we still manage to go about 50/50 with them, as he can burst down their healer very quickly due to the pve gear

what i was saying is its always a personal preferance. i prefer him to be full pve gear, and put alot of pressure from the start, as we usually play offensive (hes sort of incapable of peeling it seams...). if you want to play a more balanced game, go for the brutal, its easyer to get but your damage will go down a tad.

Here's my rouge.

Gankabootie: Hydraxis-US

It's only a month old so I still need 2 items IMHO (Not counting professions which I'm not changing up.). Gloves of Immortal Night which seemingly no one has on my server that is still playing. Leggings of the Immortal Night. 5 more gem slots between the two of them.

Shadowpanther.net is the site I am basing my character's BIS in.

I do have full Brutal and T6 but the problem I see with T6 is that its set bonuses are focused heavily on the combat spec so I don't run 4x each for set bonuses. I've been experimenting a lot with gear so can't claim to be an expert on complete BIS. With any other 70 BIS thread you'll see tons of commonality in gear and items and will tailor things according to your personal play style and spec.

All BiS pve gear and you will destroy kids. No need for brutal 4 piece just keep up recup... crux mh and mounting vengeance oh. also roll gnome get synapse springs and gg

Skalm said:
Its not 2008 :eek: its 8/11.. Still dont need to bring a 3 month thread back though.

youre both wrong. the OP was made 8/27/11 - august 27th 2011. 5 days ago. not exactly a necro, but im pretty sure if the ops question wasnt answered here he could have done a bit of research and found a rogue thread anyways

Falkor said:
youre both wrong. the OP was made 8/27/11 - august 27th 2011. 5 days ago. not exactly a necro, but im pretty sure if the ops question wasnt answered here he could have done a bit of research and found a rogue thread anyways

And falkor wins as usual :p My bad, however there are indeed several similar threads around who have already been answered, i suggest you ( thread owner ) check a bit around !

mounting vengence is a 2.6 speed. in no way possible is that best for OH. OH glaive is best, crux if u cant get it. and camael god u troll way 2 ****ing much.

shi v

Users who are viewing this thread