best 60 rogue proffessions and why?

Shadez1234

Legend
What is the perks at 60 for eng?

tbh nothing, was stupid enough to skill it up before checking, u cant get sonic booster or lightning generator, only thing i found was cobalt grenades or whatever but their shit anyways,
so engi is no go

Engineering is viable at 60 due to rocket boots and bombs, the head is a no go really as you get the 3 gem socket one from Zangarmarsh Scout's Hood. For PvP there are also viable Stamina trinkets if needed. I would say if you went Gnome, engineering is BiS.

Herbalism is also viable, as Lifeblood at this level gives 240 haste rating for 20 secs on a 2 min CD (40 haste rating over time - 24% melee haste and more energy regen), which is also great for burst.

Skinning gives Mastery of Anatomy, a permanent 40 crit rating (2.86% crit).

Do not discount Alchemy if you use Elixirs, they give a nice bonus to them and you also get Alchemist's Flask which at level 60 is a permanent 16 agi boost. Added together they could be as effective as Skinning/Herbalism due to scalings/buffs increasing them too.

My personal choice would be for Gnome - Engineering and Herbalism. Any other race - Skinning and Herbalism. This based purely on damage/burst.

As always, it depends on situation and whether you prefer min/maxing for PvP/PvE/all round.

Engineering is viable at 60 due to rocket boots and bombs, the head is a no go really as you get the 3 gem socket one from Zangarmarsh Scout's Hood. For PvP there are also viable Stamina trinkets if needed. I would say if you went Gnome, engineering is BiS.

Herbalism is also viable, as Lifeblood at this level gives 240 haste rating for 20 secs on a 2 min CD (40 haste rating over time - 24% melee haste and more energy regen), which is also great for burst.

Skinning gives Mastery of Anatomy, a permanent 40 crit rating (2.86% crit).

Do not discount Alchemy if you use Elixirs, they give a nice bonus to them and you also get Alchemist's Flask which at level 60 is a permanent 16 agi boost. Added together they could be as effective as Skinning/Herbalism due to scalings/buffs increasing them too.

My personal choice would be for Gnome - Engineering and Herbalism. Any other race - Skinning and Herbalism. This based purely on damage/burst.

As always, it depends on situation and whether you prefer min/maxing for PvP/PvE/all round.

thanks man was a good overview appriciate it, think im going gnomish engineering for the
Gnomish Poultryizer
and Skinning for the crit, might go herbing,

tho rly thanks :)

Engineering is a no brainer. One word : Bombs. But it's so much more than that.

Then it's Skinning or Mining I guess. Skinning gives you 2.86% crit though it doesn't improve your overall damage by this much, a little bit less than that; say roughly 2.5% or so. Mining is about 6% total hp increase (most characters have around 10'000 hp now), and works with %stats increasing buffs. So I like mining anyway, good gold income too. I would say it's a no brainer too, but it depend the way you play, I wouldn't trade it for skinning.

Users who are viewing this thread