Best 19 Hunter Pet

Apperantly Sonic Blast rank 1 doesn't cost focus :s atleast according to wowhead.

/Cast Sonic Blast(Rank 1) would work.

Zoomacroom said:
Shame about the level requirements on the quest/mob or else I'd say you should have your hunter get a worgen while it's still possible.

worgen-300x195.jpg

I shall enjoy the time I spend with my worgen (I'm calling him Steve!)

where the hell do u get a worgen. lol. and what level

You can get him in Howling Fjord, he is part of a chain you do for a magic talking worg.

At 19 hunters can have up to 5 pets now (4 in stable + 1 out). As far as i can remember there are only 6 pets that are even worth thinking about, each has there own useful (some more than others) ability. There are also a couple of pets (cat + raptor) which have 9 - 12 sec dots but as hunters have serpent sting these pets are a waste of a useful ability imo.

Ravager

Ravage - 2 second stun (with [rank] dmg) from melee range with a 40 second cooldown.

Bat

Sonic Blast - 2 second stun (with [rank] nature dmg) from 20 yard range but with a 1 min cooldown.

Spider

Web - Prevents movement for 4 seconds from 20 yard range with a 40 second cooldown.

Hyena

Tendon Rip - Reduces movement speed by 50% for 6 sec (with [Rank} dmg) from melee range with a 20 second cooldown.

Serpent

Poison Spit - Reduces the target's casting speed by 25% and does [Rank] nature dmg for 8 sec from 30 yard range with a 10 second cooldown.

Bird of Prey

Snatch - Disarms opponent for 6 seconds (with [rank] dmg) from melee range with a 1 minute cooldown.

Personaly in a pug i roll with a Hyena for the awesome slow on a 20 sec cooldown. The only time i switch is if i come across a good druid FC or work in a premade (or get bored lol). Depending on the opposition makeup i usually use a ravager to stun FC or interupt heals.

As you can have 5 of these (with no xp worries) i would suggest getting all except either the serpent or bird of prey. Their abilities tend to be less adaptable than the others. The serpent is useful for rare occasions (usually in arenas) where you are up against mostly casters. The bird is useful mostly in Hunter v Hunter where the disarm takes thier weapons (ranged as well now). In the end it just comes down to what suits your playstyle best, so get a few different pets and see what you like best.

If you want anymore information head over to petopia.

I want to get a ravager for my hunter but she is already 19. How do I level the ravager up to 19? Should I wait for 3.2 and turn off xp, or will that prevent the ravager from getting xp? In the meantime, could I just go kill mobs with the ravager that are just barely grey for me? I mean, will the ravager still get xp from that mob, or does the ravager only get xp when I do? Could I have the ravager attack something that is green or yellow for me and then move out of range so I don't get xp but it does?

squidmagnet said:
I want to get a ravager for my hunter but she is already 19. How do I level the ravager up to 19? Should I wait for 3.2 and turn off xp, or will that prevent the ravager from getting xp? In the meantime, could I just go kill mobs with the ravager that are just barely grey for me? I mean, will the ravager still get xp from that mob, or does the ravager only get xp when I do? Could I have the ravager attack something that is green or yellow for me and then move out of range so I don't get xp but it does?

Unfortunately you will have to wait for 3.2 if you dont want to get xp yourself. In the current patch your pet gets a % of the xp that you get (this % can be modified by getting a higher lvl to kill mobs for you) therefore you cannot lvl your pet without getting some xp yourself :(

love wingclipping a D priest, seeing them trinket and ravaging them just as the druid drops to second. =)

Personally, I say ravager. That 2 second stun is amazing againgst healers is a lifesaver. Also the dps on it is very very nice.

Time_Ace said:
Unfortunately you will have to wait for 3.2 if you dont want to get xp yourself. In the current patch your pet gets a % of the xp that you get (this % can be modified by getting a higher lvl to kill mobs for you) therefore you cannot lvl your pet without getting some xp yourself :(

This will be the same situation i am in if i want to get a new pet.

If i turn xp off for myself then my pet wont get xp either right? Therefore you basically had to choose all the pets at the start well before lv 19...sucks.

Kozmos said:
This will be the same situation i am in if i want to get a new pet.

If i turn xp off for myself then my pet wont get xp either right? Therefore you basically had to choose all the pets at the start well before lv 19...sucks.

Not sure if its a glitch or not and might change before the patch goes live but atm on PTR when you turn xp off your pet still gains xp (up until it hits your lvl). So you can have 5 lvl 19 pets without any xp worries :D

From my experience as playing as and against hunters Ravagers are the best for arenas and Hyenas are the best for WSG. However, this is also personal preference.

Ravagers- because of their two second stun that is a must in any premade. Not to mention that they have highest dps output of any pet at level 19.

Patrick said:
As a (former) druid FC I can tell you that stuns are _far_ more dangerous than snares - cause I've only one counter for it ( trinket ). I've successfully out run no less than 5 hunters with spiders - on the other hand a stun is enough for the sprinting rouge to catch up to me.

and ofc - stuns interrupt heals ;)

Using amazingly retarded narcoleptic adhd sufferers in an example doesn't make for a strong example.

Or did you mean 5 hunters ever?

Users who are viewing this thread