Best 19 Hunter Pet

Hey Id like to know what's the best hunter pet @ level 19 for both BGs and Arena.

Thanks in advance :)

Depends on playstyle...

Hyena = nondispellable slow

Ravager = stun

Scorpid = poison

Owl/Bird = disarm

I foresee a whole lot of "personal preference" replies.

Best pets imo.

Spider for BG.

Bat for arena.

or so i hear.

Ravager for everything

Two second stun > three second dispellable root from spider.

Bat is cool because you can use it from range, but it also takes focus, which ravager does not.

Agreed, but i must admit, 99% of the time, the root from my spider will stop anything more than the slow, because the character not only has to dispel, which they most likely will not, and also have to reinstate a walking command AFTER the web is timed out.

Ertai said:
Ravager for everything

Two second stun > three second dispellable root from spider.

Bat is cool because you can use it from range, but it also takes focus, which ravager does not.
it's bugged, i'm pretty sure its in the patch notes for next patch.

o guess not, it was the bat stun that was being fixed

All ranks of Sonic Blast now properly have an 80 Focus cost.

Thanks for your replies!

So many good pets to choose :eek:

How many pets can you have at once? 3? (2 in the stable)

If so I'll get a Ravager, a Hyena and a spider ...

Where should I tame them?

As a rogue, I have the most trouble against hunters with hyenas. Their slow lasts for 5 seconds and has a very short cooldown. If you couple it with wingclip and concussive shot, a rogue (or almost any melee class) won't be able to get close enough to kill you, or far enough to get away.

I myself prefer A hyena becuase of it being non dispellable and a very short cooldown. Yet I run with my Spider alot cause I do hate Warriors and their Hamstrings.

Well i use a spider because:

1. They root people with a web, which allows other people to catch an EFC for example. This always spins people out too, they get kinda confused when they are webbed.

2. They look cool and make a good sound when attacking ^^

It's mostly personal preference though. The stuns from ravagers are good, but i prefer the web which imo never gets dispelled!

Locked said:
If so I'll get a Ravager, a Hyena and a spider ...

Where should I tame them?

Ravager: Bloodmyst Isle

Hyena: South of Wailing Caverns in the Barrens

Spider: The western coast of Duskwood

Croe said:
I find Pallies are the only ones who really dispell this. Damn BoF

As a (former) druid FC I can tell you that stuns are _far_ more dangerous than snares - cause I've only one counter for it ( trinket ). I've successfully out run no less than 5 hunters with spiders - on the other hand a stun is enough for the sprinting rouge to catch up to me.

and ofc - stuns interrupt heals ;)

Patrick said:
As a (former) druid FC I can tell you that stuns are _far_ more dangerous than snares - cause I've only one counter for it ( trinket ). I've successfully out run no less than 5 hunters with spiders - on the other hand a stun is enough for the sprinting rouge to catch up to me.

and ofc - stuns interrupt heals ;)

Good points well made.

Ok, so if i where to chamge my beloved spider, which would i go for and why?

Ravager or Hyena?

Personal opinions welcome to of course :)

Shame about the level requirements on the quest/mob or else I'd say you should have your hunter get a worgen while it's still possible.

worgen-300x195.jpg

I shall enjoy the time I spend with my worgen (I'm calling him Steve!)

Users who are viewing this thread