best 10s twink for f2p?

lothkru

What would be the best twink for 10s as a f2p? I intend to make one for boosting my alts in my main account, which one would be the best considering that there's limited access to enchants, gems and all that stuff since it's a f2p account (apparently lifestealing is impossible to get without buying through AH, kinda sucks)

(apparently lifestealing is impossible to get without buying through AH, kinda sucks)
It is not "apparently" impossible.

The recipe for that enchant is simply no longer available as the only monster that dropped it is no longer in the game. You could add a month of subscription to buy them unless you really intend to remain a SET/pure f2p.

Resto Sham is your best bet at level 10, or Guard Druid at 11. Both these classes do not depend on Lifesteal to be OP.

What would be the best twink for 10s as a f2p? I intend to make one for boosting my alts in my main account, which one would be the best considering that there's limited access to enchants, gems and all that stuff since it's a f2p account (apparently lifestealing is impossible to get without buying through AH, kinda sucks)
I have a 10 twink holy priest f2p right now that I personally use to level my own chars! Easy to start too.
1 make a priest and get to 10 but no more! Stay under 30% xp.
2 start legion timeline and get your dalaran hearthstone and some stuff to sell.
3 use the gold to lock your xp at 10.
4 queue WoD dungeons and heal the tank until you get decently geared.
5 gradually start holy nova bombing and running the dungeon alone.

I have a 10 twink holy priest f2p right now that I personally use to level my own chars! Easy to start too.
1 make a priest and get to 10 but no more! Stay under 30% xp.
2 start legion timeline and get your dalaran hearthstone and some stuff to sell.
3 use the gold to lock your xp at 10.
4 queue WoD dungeons and heal the tank until you get decently geared.
5 gradually start holy nova bombing and running the dungeon alone.
Actually I did make a holy priest and I'm enjoying it! I do hate being so slow haha angelic feather should be baseline :c I'm even considering making a DI Dwarf, but they're not for my taste that much so I don't know if 4% would make that much of a difference in the long run xD

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but it might be handy to consider that mage is getting a 15% flat buff to dmg in the next patch because of later talent tree changes. This is a decent buff to arcane mages, especially because you already only need a tiny bit of leech to be self sufficient with self healing. Then you can focus more on speed to make up for their lack of mobility with only blink. I non stop pull just fine just like warrior, once geared with the right secondaries. I tested it on the ptr, and it was definitely noticeable.

Most of the warriors even the ones that are geared I can usually keep up with, particularly since they partially have to rely on ooze procs and they get dazed anyways without an absorb. Arcane explosion also isn't aoe capped or reduced after a certain number, which is partially why leech works so well for it. MW are nearly the same as warrior since they can be dazed and are reduced after 5 targets. druids definitely blow all 3 of their mobility out of the water, and they have good aoe which I don't know if its reduced after a number or not, since they are a tank they dont have to worry about daze, but they also do have to rely on ooze procs. However this is long term planning, they all rely on gear, but guardian druid is probably the easiest to get started with after the stamina nerfs and it will still do very well, especially since you do not have access to lifesteal so you want to favor a class that doesn't rely on it.

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but it might be handy to consider that mage is getting a 15% flat buff to dmg in the next patch because of later talent tree changes. This is a decent buff to arcane mages, especially because you already only need a tiny bit of leech to be self sufficient with self healing. Then you can focus more on speed to make up for their lack of mobility with only blink. I non stop pull just fine just like warrior, once geared with the right secondaries. I tested it on the ptr, and it was definitely noticeable.

Most of the warriors even the ones that are geared I can usually keep up with, particularly since they partially have to rely on ooze procs and they get dazed anyways without an absorb. Arcane explosion also isn't aoe capped or reduced after a certain number, which is partially why leech works so well for it. MW are nearly the same as warrior since they can be dazed and are reduced after 5 targets. druids definitely blow all 3 of their mobility out of the water, and they have good aoe which I don't know if its reduced after a number or not, since they are a tank they dont have to worry about daze, but they also do have to rely on ooze procs. However this is long term planning, they all rely on gear, but guardian druid is probably the easiest to get started with after the stamina nerfs and it will still do very well, especially since you do not have access to lifesteal so you want to favor a class that doesn't rely on it.
Thx for the suggestion, altho I'm not really into mages. I started a priest and I'm enjoying it plenty. Only thing I don't like much is lack of mobility, but with more mov speed it should be fine.

I am biased towards the ret Pally. I did the majority of my grind without a sub, so it's do-able. Also, playing a buff pally is a lot of fun, you'll hit really hard and be virtually unkillable. Avoid the meta, just pick a class you enjoy, do a bit of research and with dilligence and patience you'll become uber buff.

Last edited:
I am biased towards the ret Pally. I did the majority of my grind without a sub, so it's do-able. Also, playing a buff pally is a lot of fun, you'll hit really hard and be virtually unkillable. Avoid the meta, just pick a class you enjoy, do a bit of research and with dilligence and patience you'll become uber buff.

^ this honestly, if you're here for fun.

Every class is viable at 10 once fully geared (which you will be inevitably).

I was going to suggest priest. I had a fully twinked F2P 10 priest and it was amazing to play. 1 button. Then he got 7 days free game time so its technically a vet now.
https://worldofwarcraft.blizzard.com/en-us/character/us/alleria/gardivore

Build is very easy. Holy. Holy has much better SP damage scaling then the other two specs.
Because the only talent worth getting is Holy Nova.
Basically you can use SW:pain and spam holy nova. If you want to do single target dps, smite is actually better then mind blast once fully geared in Warforged WoD Epics.
Mastery is completely useless so you go for as much Int as possible prefer crit/haste/versa gear. If you get socketed epics, +3 int gems are available from the PVP vendor. Marks are harder to farm but you can get a few if you do enough garrison quests.

Sometimes I que for dungeons put tank on follow and just spam the holy nova button. Its funny to see them confused why everything is almost instantly dieing.
But if you have two computers you can run yourself through dungeons so easily with one button. It takes several minutes to OOM spamming, most dungeons are shorter then that, and basically if you are oom it just slows your cast rate by about 30%.

But if you have two computers you can run yourself through dungeons so easily with one button. It takes several minutes to OOM spamming, most dungeons are shorter then that, and basically if you are oom it just slows your cast rate by about 30%.
fyi dont need two computers for that. you can have multiple instances of wow up at the same time. I have 5 f2p accounts on my battle.net username. load each one with the launcher pull down(wow1, wow2, etc) and just alt tab between them all.

I was going to suggest priest. I had a fully twinked F2P 10 priest and it was amazing to play. 1 button. Then he got 7 days free game time so its technically a vet now.
https://worldofwarcraft.blizzard.com/en-us/character/us/alleria/gardivore

Build is very easy. Holy. Holy has much better SP damage scaling then the other two specs.
Because the only talent worth getting is Holy Nova.
Basically you can use SW:pain and spam holy nova. If you want to do single target dps, smite is actually better then mind blast once fully geared in Warforged WoD Epics.
Mastery is completely useless so you go for as much Int as possible prefer crit/haste/versa gear. If you get socketed epics, +3 int gems are available from the PVP vendor. Marks are harder to farm but you can get a few if you do enough garrison quests.

Sometimes I que for dungeons put tank on follow and just spam the holy nova button. Its funny to see them confused why everything is almost instantly dieing.
But if you have two computers you can run yourself through dungeons so easily with one button. It takes several minutes to OOM spamming, most dungeons are shorter than that, and basically if you are oom it just slows your cast rate by about 30%.
Thanks for this useful information. I have one question about honor mark, the garrison quest is follower quest? I searched in the website and only found legion hall quest can give honor mark, could you confirm garrison follower quest can also give honor mark thnaks

It is not "apparently" impossible.

The recipe for that enchant is simply no longer available as the only monster that dropped it is no longer in the game. You could add a month of subscription to buy them unless you really intend to remain a SET/pure f2p.

Resto Sham is your best bet at level 10, or Guard Druid at 11. Both these classes do not depend on Lifesteal to be OP.
This dungeon version is now back in the game so it is now possible to get lifestealing enchant.

You can't do it as level 10 though because dungeon is level 15+.

Holy priest. use nova to self heal and damage.
to gear queue as healer and stand on tanks Until geared

Users who are viewing this thread