Beserk or Mongoose

Mongoose or Beserker

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So much flame.

Okay so lets say we get a double proc;

120 agility x 120 agility = 240 Agility = around 480-500 AP but you would get another 5% because of Leather Specialization which is another 5% agil.

With beserk its just a solid 800 AP with no extra's

///Discuss.

Lets apply a little real world usefulness to this debate. Because you have to take into account talents and passive skills to agi for the Mongoose proc it makes the maths fractionally more complicated.

So for direct comparison I put a good geared rogue from the Achievements List (Stun from Frostwhisper EU) into chardev and done a direct comparison of procs. (I know chardev is not infallible, but it is apt for direct comparisons in this instance). Based on his Subtlety spec straight from chardev:

Mongoose Proc gave:

164 Agi becoming 328 AP.

4.1% crit.

3.97% dodge.

1.91% melee haste.

Berserker gave:

400 AP.

A total of 1.13% damage mitigation loss from a reduction in armor.

Factoring in the melee haste from Mongoose proc, white dps actually still surpasses the Berserker proc even with more AP. This of course will differ for other specs but I used Subtlety as it appears to be the most common spec.

I have taken the proc rate as being the same. However even if Berserker procs more often it would have to proc a fair bit more often to outweigh the extra perks from Mongoose. This is of course a dry test and only applicable in a static situation, other things must be factored in like increased energy regen, rotations and all manner of variables.

It is still clear, in this situation, Mongoose is superior.

I like geese.

*edit* That is quite possibly the most useless post I've ever written. Dodge, crit and AP is better than straight AP and reduction in armor in my opinion. Then again, my rogue is awful and I know nothing :x

Mmm,

Not to mention the increased benefit of using a relentless skyflare diamond with the mongoose, 3% extra critical damage, More critical hits while the proc is up.

Plus another 5% agility from wearing all leather, Also taking into account the 30% extra agility all subtlety rogues receive.

Plus Mongoose looks prettier? Zzz, tired.

Mmm,

Not to mention the increased benefit of using a relentless skyflare diamond with the mongoose, 3% extra critical damage, More critical hits while the proc is up.

Plus another 5% agility from wearing all leather, Also taking into account the 30% extra agility all subtlety rogues receive.

Plus Mongoose looks prettier? Zzz, tired.

Why necro? I thought necro was against the rules :O

Why necro? I thought necro was against the rules :O

Whoops, Took a link from another thread, Something on the topic of mongoose, didn't check the dates.

Just moved to the other side of the planet the other day, The hours of sleep i 've managed to get thus far can be counted on one hand.

Again, sorry. Didn't see the date of this. Poor kitten..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread