Battleworn Thrash Blade and Warriors

Maybe since your OH is hitcapped by the chain, you get more procs from the thrash blade and it makes for some nice burst damage.
Pyrium is lame though...

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe since your OH is hitcapped by the chain, you get more procs from the thrash blade and it makes for some nice burst damage.
Pyrium is lame though...

Pretty much sums it up.

Pyrium is lame though...

Maybe I didn't explain properly- I'm asking Thrash Blade + chain in OH vs McGowan + chain in OH.
QPQ thrash blade has a 2% proc chance - and you'd get the stam and crit from McGowan.
I was thinking it had something to do with the weapon speed normalisation?

I understand that people think it's lame - but its not a hacky ting, and its more of a quality of life change with rogues rolling crazy dodge so I'l enjoy it while it lasts. (I realise hit doesn't affect dodge - referring to overall hits)

Balthasaur, explain this madness to me!

You did explain it properly. McGowan gives ok stats but as I stated, thrash blade has a chance to give additional swing which is good for your burst, and some people really like to stack burst since it is a key ability when trying to get a healer down. The resilience from battleworn is in par if not even better than the stamina from mcgowan.

Ok thanks for the info - I still thing Thrash Blades' burst increase is negligible but its interesting about the resi being greater than 4 stam:)

You did explain it properly. McGowan gives ok stats but as I stated, thrash blade has a chance to give additional swing which is good for your burst, and some people really like to stack burst since it is a key ability when trying to get a healer down. The resilience from battleworn is in par if not even better than the stamina from mcgowan.
The resilience doesn't even reach par until 2248HP. (2248 * 0.0178 = 40.0144).

So no, the Stamina is far better since there won't be many people reaching that kind of HP and still doing good damage.

Quite true until we come to the fact a geared fury will have about 1,5k hp and you will usually have a healer close to you if you know how to position. That, and the fact that you have some self healing aswell means resilience will have more utility than stam. IMO.

The resilience doesn't even reach par until 2248HP. (2248 * 0.0178 = 40.0144).

So no, the Stamina is far better since there won't be many people reaching that kind of HP and still doing good damage.

I like it as protwarr FC :) 2248hp huh? Thanks for crunching the numbers for me.. I never did so myself but that does give me some extra ammo when people would always ask why I used thrash blade for some of my sets :)

its not like ur oh swings r any good anyway

ppl use trash blade cause they don't wanna re-enchant their alrdy enchanted with 15 agi mcgowan

ppl use trash blade cause they don't wanna re-enchant their alrdy enchanted with 15 agi mcgowan

I thought/hoped this was the case Hurrx - would you agree then overall if you roll with the weapon chain then McGowan is better on OH?

yes obviously mcgowan is better

the procrate is obnoxious and as an offhand it does like 20 dmg

Don't forget you get the parry on Bloodsoaked Skullforge Reaver so its better imo.
Only if being attacked in melee :p For those hunters/mages the resilience > parry :)

As far as avoidence goes, it's pretty negligible unless you stack considerable amounts of it (*cough* rogues). Pushing your parry from 10% to 11% won't do anything. Parry is extremely situational, while resilience is flat out mitigation, so I would choose resilience any day. It really comes down to STA vs. Resil.

edit: Personally, I use McGowan on my warrior and rogue (w/ chain sometimes). As OH the Thrash Blade is not very good, and a 'stat-stick' would be more fitting (e.g. McGowan).

Users who are viewing this thread