Battlegroup Merger........it has begun?

fochixi

Legend
I've seen some chatter on the WoW forums that people are noticing players from other battlegroups in their battlegounds after server updates this morning. Anyone else experience this first hand yet?

I'm stuck at work for another 3 hours :(

Well on the WoW forums there was a guy asking the same thing because he noticed a couple people from Whirlwind in there BGs, so I guess it has? Too bad I leveled all my twinks that were on whirlwind.. Id get on and find out for myself whether or not they merged

I think it has, someone told me as well it started today.

I can't wait until Cataclysm! <3

Oh man, I hope this makes Twinking on Emberstorm workable. I haven't really kept up with the times but it seemed dead. The queue for capped 10-19 is giving me an actual duration rather than Unavailable so hopefully....

I have all of my stuff here and have never had the will to try and twink elsewhere so here's hoping.

Celeritas said:
Oh man, I hope this makes Twinking on Emberstorm workable. I haven't really kept up with the times but it seemed dead. The queue for capped 10-19 is giving me an actual duration rather than Unavailable so hopefully....

I have all of my stuff here and have never had the will to try and twink elsewhere so here's hoping.

Let us know if you get in. We're all dying to hear from any twink from a non-Ruin BG that got a queue.

-Ink

Celeritas said:

If it gives you a duration rather than 'Unavailable' then that means there's been at least one pop.

Hope your right Pizza, I got on my 22 warlock on WW and turned off his exp just to see if I could get a que and the wait time was 2 minutes, I stayed on for about half an hour and didnt get a que but if your right then there was some 29 bgs going on too. :]

A quick browse for blues confirms this

Lylirra said:
To facilitate better matchmaking for the Whirlwind and Emberstorm Battlegroups, players on the following realms will now have a chance to be matched together when using the Dungeon Finder or the Random Battleground system.

Whirlwind

Anub'arak, Blackwater Raiders, Bladefist, Cenarion Circle, Cenarius, Darrowmere, Echo Isles, Fenris, Hyjal, Korialstrasz, Lightbringer, Maiev, Misha, Ravenholdt, Shu'halo, Sisters of Elune, The Forgotten Coast, Uther, Vashj, Winterhoof

Emberstorm

Antonidas, Borean Tundra, Cairne, Drak'Tharon, Drenden, Farstriders, Garrosh, Hydraxis, Mok'Nathal, Moon Guard, Nazgrel, Nordrassil, Quel'dorei, Rivendare, Shandris, Tortheldrin, Wyrmrest Accord

We feel this change will reduce wait times and provide players on these realms with a more enjoyable dungeon and Battleground experience. While Whirlwind and Emberstorm are currently the only Battlegroups sharing a matchmaking pool, we expect to link all Battlegroups within a region once we've determined the effectiveness of this change within these first two Battlegroups.

Atm it seems you have to queue in the random BG finder in order to be placed into the merged BGs. To use the random BG funtion however you need to be at least level 51. I think eventually they will change it so that xp-off battlegrounds are merged also and you will be able to queue for specific BGs and enter the merged BGs.

Pizza said:
If it gives you a duration rather than 'Unavailable' then that means there's been at least one pop.

Unfortunatly this doesnt have to be right at the moment, I logged on like 10 minutes after the servers came back up and instantly signed, then it said 3 min average. Now its been like 3 hours, I doubt there were enough people for one BG right when the server came up, then they all just logged or something. The "average:" is probably not considering xp-off as a specific bracket now with all the changes and whatnot, thats my guess.

PS. the wait time is also changing every now and then

Almost time to dust off the old twinks. :)

Whizz said:
Unfortunatly this doesnt have to be right at the moment, I logged on like 10 minutes after the servers came back up and instantly signed, then it said 3 min average. Now its been like 3 hours, I doubt there were enough people for one BG right when the server came up, then they all just logged or something. The "average:" is probably not considering xp-off as a specific bracket now with all the changes and whatnot, thats my guess.

PS. the wait time is also changing every now and then

That's how it worked pre-4.0. Maybe it's changed since the release of 4.0.

Users who are viewing this thread