Bast class for lvl 19?

Rhetoric

Legend
So I've not been in the Twinking game sence pre-bc. What are the best classes atm and why. my main is a rogue my old twink was a shammy.

holy or prot paladin near impossible to kill, disc priest are too, but i think they have the nerf stick incoming on next patch

hunters have disengage, scatter shot, 6 sec concussive, winglcip, and bat stun

feral druids have infected wounds (crippling poison) and do killer damage on those mangles

Rhetoric said:
So I've not been in the Twinking game sence pre-bc. What are the best classes atm and why. my main is a rogue my old twink was a shammy.

Best classes at what? Healing? DPS? FCing? Being a Midfield-Farming-Hoe? be specific.

shanker said:
holy or prot paladin near impossible to kill, disc priest are too, but i think they have the nerf stick incoming on next patch

hunters have disengage, scatter shot, 6 sec concussive, winglcip, and bat stun

feral druids have infected wounds (crippling poison) and do killer damage on those mangles

Only prot paladin would be getting nerfed. WoG won't have a cooldown as holy.

Playing a class well depends on skill level here is a quick list of skill level required to play well.

Low skill level: Hunter or Paladin.

Medium skill level: Rogue, Arcane mage, Priest, Balance Druid

High skill level: Ele/Resto/Enhance Sham, Feral Druid, Lock

Highest skill: Warrior

Grabco said:
Playing a class well depends on skill level here is a quick list of skill level required to play well.

Warrior highest skill? They simply lack ToT, and depend on RNG to burst someone down. Resto Shamans are just not viable.

Okay to play any class "good" it does require skill. Some more than others, hunters... but just pick whats fun because every class has its ups and downs.

@OP, the Rogue is a well balanced class I would suggest rolling, and doesn't require any grandfathered items. Though, two [item]Shadowfang[/item]s are (arguably) the best set-up, which could turn out to be expensive, but there are other decent options. Healers are always welcome as well, and Priests seem to be a good Healer, that isn't (very) OP either, but they do require a few grandfathered items in order to be BiS.

Mage is super fun and you wont lose much by make one now and not having the GFed items, allthough if you're EU horde I'd suggest you go healer. Freaking alliance always got atleast twice as many healers as we do...

So practically what everyone is telling you is to start out drooling on a hunter and one day, maybe, work your way up to playing the oh-so-magical warrior of legendary skill requirement. No. That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

Anyone can drool are a keyboard and play a hunter, sure, but are they utilizing all the advantages a hunter has to offer? No. You should never play a class based on how good you are as a player... these classes aren't stepping stones of varying skill levels.

Play the class you feel most comfortable with and LEARN. Yes, that's right. I went there. Learn. Look at the best players of your class and take in what you see is best in all of them. Then, implement what you saw in them in your own play style and in a sense, perfect it.

And then you're playing the best class at 19! And guess what? It's the one you wanted to play all along.

Grabco said:

You're confusing skill with ease of use/effectiveness. Oh, and if Bone fixes his jumbled up sentences, that would be a very touching post in regards to WOW(and should be quoted when other "which class should I play" threads arise).

Oasis said:
You're confusing skill with ease of use/effectiveness. Oh, and if Bone fixes his jumbled up sentences, that would be a very touching post in regards to WOW(and should be quoted when other "which class should I play" threads arise).

I know what you are trying to say, you are confusing skill with skill cap...but Ease of use and effectiveness are directly correlated with the skill it takes. Easier to play classes take less skill. SKill cap is an entirely different argument in which hunters, shammies or priests might come out on top

Rhetoric said:

I would suggest making a Priest or Paladin.

So practically what everyone is telling you is to start out drooling on a hunter and one day, maybe, work your way up to playing the oh-so-magical warrior of legendary skill requirement. No. That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

Anyone can drool are a keyboard and play a hunter, sure, but are they utilizing all the advantages a hunter has to offer? No. You should never play a class based on how good you are as a player... these classes aren't stepping stones of varying skill levels.

Play the class you feel most comfortable with and LEARN. Yes, that's right. I went there. Learn. Look at the best players of your class and take in what you see is best in all of them. Then, implement what you saw in them in your own play style and in a sense, perfect it.

And then you're playing the best class at 19! And guess what? It's the one you wanted to play all along.

Well said

loltenchars

Users who are viewing this thread