Barb Or Slicer MH?

Got my TB off with 15 agil (not changing that). But i don't know what to do for MH.

Barb or Slicer? Lifesteal or Fiery?

Was thinking:

Duel Skel Clubs with Fiery (for Proc set)

Slicer with Lifesteal.

U tell me.

For a dual fiery set, would you do 2 cruel barbs, or Barb and Thiefs Blade?

Try the slicer out.

Usually i recommend the CB, but now im looking at the slicer in a different light. Stam is good to have, ap is pretty close, and now that proc chants are the thing to use, that slightly slower weapon speed may give you a slight advantage.

Remember, twinking has changed alot, so keep an open mind when it comes to gear collecting. Things that used to be "scrub weapons/armor" have to be re-evaluated.

..That and shadowpanther.net says it has more AEP than CB :p

Cruelfool said:
DONT LISTEN TO GRUNGE...i would NEVER reccomend a slicer on a rogue, CB or shadowfang MH, then CB OH. duel wield CB for fiery, and IF u need stam on your weapons, use a scouts blade, geees. wtf

dunno if its just me

..lol

^ This

CB has better speed, more top end dmg, more AP (12>3).

proc set -> SC/fiery MH, CB fiery OH

normal -> CB/fiery MH, TB/agi OH (as you want to stick to it)

I did not know there was a valid argument when it came to 19 twink rogue weapons.

Swords - MH -

1. ShadowFang

2. Butchers Slicer

These two are actually reasonably close in performance. EVERYTHING else pales in comparison.

Dagger - MH -

1. Assasin's Blade

2. Tail Spike

Offhand

1. Shadowfang

2. BOA Sword - Battle Worn Thrash Blade

what happens when cruelfool switches to either slicer or CB...

slicer -> 4AP -> 236AP -> 48,9 added dmg

CB -> 12AP -> 244AP -> 48,8 added dmg

the dps of CB will remain higher and the instants of slicer are just a little higher. any bleed effect will be higher on CB so it seems like a decision 3stam/lil more dmg.

edit: it is 244AP with CB -> 48,8 added dmg (not 242AP -> 48,4 added dmg)

better values: slicer 48,8857 / CB 48,8 -> 0,0857 diff

Bansil said:
what happens when cruelfool switches to either slicer or CB...

slicer -> 4AP -> 236AP -> 48,9 added dmg

CB -> 12AP -> 242AP -> 48,4 added dmg

the dps of CB will remain higher and the instants of slicer are just a little higher. any bleed effect will be higher on CB so it seems like a decision 3stam/lil more dmg.

The weapons are within 2 points of each other (based upon Ming's AEP value scale)

A Garrotte focused build could see value in CB over Slicer.

Thanks for pointing that out, I missed it.

interesting, so Sinister strikes will hit harder with the slicer, but white hits will be higher with the barb? Do i understand this correctly?

sinister adds dmg to the normal weapon dmg, so there is no multiplier.

according to what i calculted, the slicer will do less than 0,1 dmg more on SS.

BUT the dps on CB is higher + it grants more AP for more bleed dmg (which is based on AP).

whitehits + SS will be approx 0,1 higher on slicer, but you will do less dmg overall.

think i'll stick to cruel barb + fiery with tb +15 agil.

Does anyone like hte idea of the duel skel clubs with fiery for a proc set? (wsg only obviously)

skeletal/fiery + thrash/fiery and using red whelp gloves...only viable against high armor targets. if no BoAs, dual skeletal is ok. (stinging viper MH is another option, but the dot prevents gouge)

such a setup benefits from talent choices...

Bansil said:
sinister adds dmg to the normal weapon dmg, so there is no multiplier.

according to what i calculted, the slicer will do less than 0,1 dmg more on SS.

BUT the dps on CB is higher + it grants more AP for more bleed dmg (which is based on AP).

whitehits + SS will be approx 0,1 higher on slicer, but you will do less dmg overall.

Bansil brings up an interesting point.

I have not thought about it this way before but the AEP comparison may be very wrong in this case.

According to the SS formula

Attack Power / 14) * 2.4 (Normalized Weapon Speed) + Weapon Damage + 10 (SS damage) = Total Damage

CB will do more damage per SS by about 2

and about 2 per hit in white damage.

That would make CB higher damage but Slicer also gives you 3 stam - which gives a slight edge to the slicer for Twinking.. BUT!

The 14 AP from CB also counts for the offhand....

So my opinion has changed in spite of the AEP rating - CB looks like the better choice for the mainhand weapon when running the numbers.

dmn, i didn't take into account, that SS is normalized.

so the white dmg of CB will be higher (not dmg per hit, but dps AND the OH dps will be higher) and the SS dmg will be higher.

CB SS: 30-57 + 41,829 + 10

slicer SS: 30-57 + 40,457 + 10

long things short...the CB does more dmg. period.

Bansil said:
dmn, i didn't take into account, that SS is normalized.

so the white dmg of CB will be higher (not dmg per hit, but dps AND the OH dps will be higher) and the SS dmg will be higher.

CB SS: 30-57 + 41,829 + 10

slicer SS: 30-57 + 40,457 + 10

long things short...the CB does more dmg. period.
\

I have had to redo my thinking on the matter.

IF you cannot get ShadowFang CB is the next best option.

Medikal said:
think i'll stick to cruel barb + fiery with tb +15 agil.

Does anyone like hte idea of the duel skel clubs with fiery for a proc set? (wsg only obviously)

Lol. I have those. Still using +15 Agility on SF and Thiefs. I cant see why anyone would want to lose the crit %.

Users who are viewing this thread