Balancing Issues for PVP

Wittyscrub

Legend
For those who like the PVE side, of 70 twinking. I extremely advise you to lock your doors and keep playing PVE. Because PVP is in a complete foul state.

I dont know about you, but Its a problem, to me and my arena partner.

You're probably thinking right now its a Q_Qing forum, alas its true.

2V2 Is crammed with DISC/MAGE teams, is increasing.

Infact any team with a decent priest, who can play Is your counter-team.

Mages, are like wreckin' bulls at the moment, its horrible. - True horror.

What's the reason for this forum? - I don't actually know.

Frost mages, are getting a nice buff next patch, so brace yourselves.

I hope blizzard notices, that probably nearly all the brackets are unbalanced.

For example - Huntards dominate the 19's bracket.

- I hope blizzard takes action on this, dont you think guys.

Because i do.

If you're having problems with Fire/Arcane it's a PEBKAC issue, sorry. All I see here is a "got wrecked in 2s, goin to the forums"

You must play on EU or some thing because the bracket is fine on US servers. I play at least 10-15 bgs in a night and I get bolt gunned maybe 2 or 3 times in the entire night andI rarely see any go off. I have never ever seen Big Daddy bombs either. o.o

Stop exaggerating IMO

mages and priests were OP in 2's in WOTLK around relentless season after blizzard nerfed down ret's and DKs. near all the top level-80 2600+ comps were mages/priests, there was a hella ton QQ on it, especially in the direction of mages. any other class would have been nerfed, but blizzards response and action was they removed team ratings from 2's and announced they no longer balance PVP at 2 vs 2 and their focus would be on 3's, 5's and upcoming rated BGs.

QQ threads on rogues, prot war, feral druids, etc type classes are reacted to, QQ threads on mages generally are ignored, closed as being duplicate, closed as being unproductive, or flat out removed.

mages right now IMO, are seriously OP and are noticeably gamebbreaking even in BGs with 10-15 players. with disc priests right in tow. i see alot of games where it comes down to which team had the most mages.

recent comments by the DEVs and still making changes for PVE with total disregard to effects on PVP, has got 85's even unbalanced or completely unviable for arenas. i understand they don't balance 1 vs 1, and i guess 2 vs 2 since mid WOTLK.....but it shouldn't take 4-5 players to kill one healer and one class shouldn't be able to kill 2-3 players of other classes

If you're having problems with Fire/Arcane it's a PEBKAC issue, sorry. All I see here is a "got wrecked in 2s, goin to the forums"

You must play on EU or some thing because the bracket is fine on US servers. I play at least 10-15 bgs in a night and I get bolt gunned maybe 2 or 3 times in the entire night andI rarely see any go off. I have never ever seen Big Daddy bombs either. o.o

Stop exaggerating IMO

I dont really mind about being bolt gunned.

Yes i do play (EU) And I love that fact that your a mage yourself, post "Stop Exaggerating IMO." I'm actually surprised that you don't agree that mages are fairly OP. It just proves even more, when you have a ridiculous WIN/LOSS ratio. - On that, i doubt you wouldn't reply saying OMFG ITS SKILLS. Its highly unlikely to see a team without a mage, or a priest with over 100 wins, hardly any losses.

QTpockets, you seem like a decent person but I don't agree with you posting, that I'm exaggerating.

I'm just trying to prove that I'm not completely exaggerating, but trying to get my point across.

most mages run with low resil, so just get yourself a good purger/dispeller and ride the mage all day

problem?
- Thanks for this Betelshoe, i'll take this into count. I'm playing with a druid atm and we're stuck at 2,1k rating. It just sucks that Cyclone isn't available to druids anymore.

I'm starting to move pve only. Example today i was in wsg and alliance had EIGHT paladins, few was 74lvls aswell, that's not fun at all playing warrior when 74 ret pala bolt gun pewpew combos me death in 3 seconds.

Eh i can see why people are frustrated with mages in bg's but in arena....idk about that. I play a rogue and run with a disc in 2's and we seem to do fine vs disc/mage. Sure you dont play a rogue, but still, LoS the mage man...I'm a rogue and i still managed LoS(yes even when cloak and vanish are on CD) to help out my healer. If you're running in and rolling your face on the keyboard expecting to get a kill, its very possible as a mage but still, play defensive and set up the kill with cc's and dispels, cant really get any easier then that.

Wittyscrub said:
I dont really mind about being bolt gunned.

Yes i do play (EU) And I love that fact that your a mage yourself, post "Stop Exaggerating IMO." I'm actually surprised that you don't agree that mages are fairly OP. It just proves even more, when you have a ridiculous WIN/LOSS ratio. - On that, i doubt you wouldn't reply saying OMFG ITS SKILLS. Its highly unlikely to see a team without a mage, or a priest with over 100 wins, hardly any losses.

QTpockets, you seem like a decent person but I don't agree with you posting, that I'm exaggerating.

I'm just trying to prove that I'm not completely exaggerating, but trying to get my point across.

- Thanks for this Betelshoe, i'll take this into count. I'm playing with a druid atm and we're stuck at 2,1k rating. It just sucks that Cyclone isn't available to druids anymore.

Oh I agree that Frost Mages are totally OP and FotM. Fire on the other hand is fine. Arcane Mages do... disturbingly high dps but they can get practically global'd just like a Fire Mage can since their survivability is a complete joke.

If you want to own Disc/FMage may I suggest:

Disc/DK

Disc/Rogue

RShaman/Lock

Oh I agree that Frost Mages are totally OP and FotM. Fire on the other hand is fine. Arcane Mages do... disturbingly high dps but they can get practically global'd just like a Fire Mage can since their survivability is a complete joke.

If you want to own Disc/FMage may I suggest:

Disc/DK

Disc/Rogue

RShaman/Lock

:) - Cauterize is a bitch though lol

Wittyscrub said:
For those who like the PVE side, of 70 twinking. I extremely advise you to lock your doors and keep playing PVE. Because PVP is in a complete foul state.

I dont know about you, but Its a problem, to me and my arena partner.

You're probably thinking right now its a Q_Qing forum, alas its true.

2V2 Is crammed with DISC/MAGE teams, is increasing.

Infact any team with a decent priest, who can play Is your counter-team.

Mages, are like wreckin' bulls at the moment, its horrible. - True horror.

What's the reason for this forum? - I don't actually know.

Frost mages, are getting a nice buff next patch, so brace yourselves.

I hope blizzard notices, that probably nearly all the brackets are unbalanced.

For example - Huntards dominate the 19's bracket.

- I hope blizzard takes action on this, dont you think guys.

Because i do.

I managed to hold a pretty high win % vs priest/mage as warrior/pally which is a terrible matchup

i cant even begin to tell you how badly i wish i played a mage at 70 its scary how terrible 2200+ mmr priest/mages are yet it still works. having said all that 70 is very playable but theres obvious imba issues but thats how this game works if you want to play a game thats based almost entirely off personal skill then play an fps

Users who are viewing this thread