Backup / updates / requests

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could always adjust the join date on a new account for them, and give them the awards earned on those accounts.

It wouldn't have the post history, but it'd be an easy temp fix.

Tbh, these sort of backups have to be done decently regularly.

I've not worked with ZF much, but I did a ton of work on vB and also with servers and programming on pretty much everything from a 6502 to current.

I certainly hope whoever is putting the time in is being appropriately compensated for their expertise.
Bribe them with a couple Spectral Tiger keys as well. :p

I'm mostly just a spectator in these situations.. But let's look at things realistically, then it's clear what the community wants..
>48.099999999'something% wants Conq to put a bullet between his own eyes.
>51.99% just wants Conq to let someone useful run things, and atleast try to save the sheer drop of integrity left in this.

And then there's the rest, who's happy to have Conq around here again.(the rest meaning @Conq , and Conq only of course.)

seems reasonable. Fuck all the info gathered for this big patch.
[doublepost=1555471563,1555471287][/doublepost]I need all the mods to gift me their powers at the same time so I can delete Conq’s account. Ty.

Not sure if most of the users here are new or just mega jerks but Conq has run the forums before, of course he knows how to run a forum. If accounts can be deleted and it breaks things then thats a issue with the XenForo forum software, not with the ability of the administrator. Glad to have you back Conq <3

Not sure if most of the users here are new or just mega jerks but Conq has run the forums before, of course he knows how to run a forum. If accounts can be deleted and it breaks things then thats a issue with the XenForo forum software, not with the ability of the administrator. Glad to have you back Conq <3
I can't believe we're both around after so many years! @Trigs @Hired and @Zaxie too! FeelsGoodMan

I can't believe we're both around after so many years! @Trigs and @Zaxie too! FeelsGoodMan

Thats awesome! I honestly haven't been here since 2017 but when I heard you came back I had to have a peek

Thats awesome! I honestly haven't been here since 2017 but when I heard you came back I had to have a peek
Maaaan I appreciate that, at first it was a disapointment for me and others but nothing that can't be fixed with proper time and effort and not as bad as ordering mozzarella sticks and one having no mozzarella inside it, just an empty stick, you know?

Maaaan I appreciate that, at first it was a disapointment for me and others but nothing that can't be fixed with proper time and effort and not as bad as ordering mozzarella sticks and one having no mozzarella inside it, just an empty stick, you know?

I really liked your email. As a adult who enjoys now watching instead of participating in competitive gaming I would enjoy barracking for the MYT or CL of present day.
And it turns out that the twink community attitude is STILL exactly as harsh and immature as it always was hahaha. Give it a few months and they will forget all about it... hopefully

I really liked your email. As a adult who enjoys now watching instead of participating in competitive gaming I would enjoy barracking for the MYT or CL of present day.
And it turns out that the twink community attitude is STILL exactly as harsh and immature as it always was hahaha. Give it a few months and they will forget all about it... hopefully
<3

They will or they won't, all I can concern myself with is moving things forward.

Noone is questioning his ability to run a forum, but there is a reason why a lot of people don't like him, so much so that people hijacked the domain to redirect it to their own. This latest stint to get a quick 2k doesn't actually play much into his favor

You clearly missed like 95% of the whole story. Probably better to ask some other people before licking his ass too much...

Noone is questioning his ability to run a forum, but there is a reason why a lot of people don't like him, so much so that people hijacked the domain to redirect it to their own. This latest stint to get a quick 2k doesn't actually play much into his favor

Yes, they are. Read the thread.

You clearly missed like 95% of the whole story. Probably better to ask some other people before licking his ass too much...

I'm guessing your one of the banned kids... This is not my life anymore, so I will simply say that I've known Conq for over a decade and never had any issues with him and when he ran this forum previously there were no uprisings or anything that would suggest he knew what he was doing. I would also assume the 95% of 'the story' I missed was your story, which I don't care about regardless of anything(ass included).

Last edited:
Conq has run the forums before,
Covered host fees when ad-rev isn't enough*

Waiting to hear back from the techies, will give ETA ASAP.

If accounts can be deleted and it breaks things then thats a issue with the XenForo forum software, not with the ability of the administrator.

If I told you deleting systems32 on your computer would delete windows and create issues ....... and you go ahead and delete it, would you blame Microsoft?

I'm guessing your one of the banned kids... This is not my life anymore, so I will simply say that I've known Conq for over a decade and never had any issues with him and when he ran this forum previously there were no uprisings or anything that would suggest he knew what he was doing. I would also assume the 95% of 'the story' I missed was your story, which I don't care about regardless of anything(ass included).
Again, get more information about all this before making assumptions. You just look like a clueless fanboy. I am not banned, just to lazy to log on...

If accounts can be deleted and it breaks things then thats a issue with the XenForo forum software, not with the ability of the administrator.
Deleting accounts doesn't break anything.

But trying to restore them on XF involves reverting to a previous backup version. Therefor, certain posts and things wouldn't be there that have been posted since. Which is problematic, and upsetting to...Well, pretty much everyone who has made posts since.

So you have a few issues here:

Tech staff are not on frequently nearly enough to make consistent backups or be able to prioritize this site.
Members are deleted and want to be back, and being told they would be brought back.
Current posts and threads made since backup will be nuked.

I'd suggest working on the first problem, to prevent the other two from being issues. But then again, also either not deleting people (simply banning) to begin with would solve that, as well. Or, sticking to it when you do delete people and only deleting people you are 100% never going to want back.

Which brings up the issue of anonymous posting....They are just going to do that instead if you do the latter and delete them, but allow anon posting.

tl;dr: Tech staff needs to be more frequently monitoring/working behind the scenes. Backups need to be frequently done. Less brash and more mindful moderating/administrating needs to be consistent. Anonymous posting is only logical with it being filtered through moderation feed.

Covered host fees when ad-rev isn't enough*

If I told you deleting systems32 on your computer would delete windows and create issues ....... and you go ahead and delete it, would you blame Microsoft?

Pizza, I don't care about anything you've ever thought, Pizza Hut was THE laughing stock of 19s, even outside of Cyclone. I still laugh now thinking how terrible you are. Everyone knows you paid for peoples char transfers to get them in Waw Tawent. Then you proceed to dodged every single guild that was half decent.

You can nerd out on the technicalities around the forum error but I doubt you'll reply to this anyway.
At least you're no longer a mod so you can't just delete my posts like you used.
[doublepost=1555482177,1555482024][/doublepost]
Again, get more information about all this before making assumptions. You just look like a clueless fanboy. I am not banned, just to lazy to log on...

nah i'm fine making assumptions as is, as long as you keep talking like a wimpy American puss bag

I'm guessing your one of the banned kids... This is not my life anymore, so I will simply say that I've known Conq for over a decade and never had any issues with him and when he ran this forum previously there were no uprisings or anything that would suggest he didn't know what he was doing. I would also assume the 95% of 'the story' I missed was your story, which I don't care about regardless of anything(ass included).
He spam banned and deleted ppl's acc so people would hate him and someone would step up and buy the site so he could make quick cash, but then he felt sorry and declined it boo hoo. I guess he needs someone to step up for him after the autistic shit he's pulled off. You come in here sucking his dick when u have obviously no clue of what the fuck has been going on. Inform yourself first before you speak your mind on the subject u fossil.

Pizza, I don't care about anything you've ever thought, Pizza Hut was THE laughing stock of 19s, even outside of Cyclone. I still laugh now thinking how terrible you are. Everyone knows you paid for peoples char transfers to get them in Waw Tawent. Then you proceed to dodged every single guild that was half decent.

You can nerd out on the technicalities around the forum error but I doubt you'll reply to this anyway.
At least you're no longer a mod so you can't just delete my posts like you used.
[doublepost=1555482177,1555482024][/doublepost]

nah i'm fine making assumptions as is, as long as you keep talking like a wimpy American puss bag
That's not the @Pizza you think it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread