Assault on Bash'ir's Landing [TBC]

DeLindsay

10s4Lyf
First I'd like to say expect these Gems to get the nerf bat also, 2 already have. For now they are BiS for pretty much every Twink up through Level 30, maybe higher. That said, they're all Unique-Equipped (1). The Event spawns every ~2 hours and the NPC's will Yell in Local once it's up. Here are the basics and I have a bunch of SS's to share as well.

Assault at Bash'ir's Landing

Bash'ir's Landing is an Ethereal base located in Blade's Edge Mountains. Every 2 hours, the Sha'tari Skyguard launches an assault to Bash'ir's Landing, and they need your help to succeed.

The assault, once a very difficult event to complete, requiring a full 25-man raid in BC, is now easily soloable. The event requires you to defend the Sha'tari Skyguard from waves of ethereal mobs:
  • Wave 1 - Defeat a handful of Slavering Slaves and a Bash'ir Flesh Fiend.
  • Wave 2 - More Slavering Slaves and a few Bash'ir Subprimal appear, as well as 3 Disruptor Towers. You need to advance and destroy all towers to proceed.
  • Wave 3 - Bash'ir Controllers and Bash'ir Reckoners spawn.
  • Wave 4 - The Grand Collector spawns and becomes attackable after you kill enough NPCs.
During the assault, NPCs like Aether-tech Assistant, Aether-tech Adept and Aether-tech Master appear and sell you rare wares like flasks for Gruul's Lair, rare BC gems, or Geodes that can give you rare Transmogs. Don't purchase the Geodes, the item requires Level 27 and there's easier ways to get those Mogs.

GEMS
METAS
There is one other useful reason to either run the Event or at least farm the area with low Level Twinks, and that is:
  • Charged Crystal Focus - 3012* Health at 10, 5 minute CD
  • Combine (1) Depleted Crystal Focus (sellable/tradable) with (10) Apexis Shard (Soulbound) to make the above
  • YES they still drop, YES they drop from ANY NPC in Bash'ir's Landing, YES they still work at 10
  • *Disabled in BG's, credit @Ctm
  • EDIT: It appears the Heal may no longer work, or is situational to a specific area like Ogri'la, more testing needed to confirm.
This area is EAISILY done with 2 reasonably geared Twinks (I can solo it on my 10 Hunter - NOT the Event). The NPC's are Level 30, non-Elite with only 632 Health. If you have a 4-5 person Party, you could easily do the Event as well. Take 1 WELL geared Tank with AOE or 2 decently geared Tanks/Hybrids + 1 Healer/Hybrid + 1-2 DPS and the Event would be a piece of cake. All the regular NPC's in Bash'ir's Landing are well spread out so have ranged-insta cast Classes with you.

Yes, you need someone to fly you up there or Lock-closet the Party up there. DH's, dying in just the right spot below and some clever Parkour tricks with Goblin Gliders CAN get you there as well.

Here are some pics of the how and where. The 2nd Post will be general SS's of the Event and Vendors' goods from the perspective of a Level 10.

Bash'ir's Landing 0 - Map location_cropped.jpg Bash'ir's Landing 1 - Safe Spot_cropped.jpg Bash'ir's Landing 2 - yell in local_10 min spawn timer_notated.jpg Bash'ir's Landing 3 - Spawn point_notated.jpg Bash'ir's Landing 4 - Event spawn beginning_notated.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 17299
It does not work in world either, i tried and healed 0. It did not even show up in combat log.
Oh really? I made several the other night, I'll test various places (like maybe it now only works near Ogri'la as example).
@Prulek the Vendors all spawn in at the end of the Event and you have ~3 minutes to buy from them before they disappear. Bear in mind the normal NPC's in that area will start spawning right after the Event.

super helpful information, thanks a ton!

has already helped me 2-3 times (I always forget how long I have to wait)

Did you have any issues with the event starting in TW off? I’ve sat there for hours waiting for the Skyguard guys to show up, but they never do.

Did you have any issues with the event starting in TW off? I’ve sat there for hours waiting for the Skyguard guys to show up, but they never do.
This Guide assumes TW is off. You won't have a high Level Toon to 1-shot everything if they are also in TW as they will scale down to the level of the Zone.

Yeah, that’s the reason I went with TW off. Weird. Is it supposed to start every 2 hours? I’ve seen people wrote 2 and 4 hours..

Supposed to be 2 hours. If you look at the pics I posted you'll see what the ./yell in Local is that the NPC's do when they're about to begin. I haven't been active for months so it's entirely possible one or more of the shit Updates they've done broke it like they break so many things in the Game then don't bother to fix it, just wipe out/nerf the entire mechanic because they can't be bothered.

Users who are viewing this thread