Assassination rogue BiS dagger!

My 20 rogue will be using 2 x ToV for the hardest hitting mutilates

2x BVB for sure, but you know, if only one wasnt hard enough to farm, cant imagine 2 :T
i'll be using vultros/hearthseeker, but i wish sub had some buffs, that 100% armor ignore is too much valuable for me

2x BVB for sure, but you know, if only one wasnt hard enough to farm, cant imagine 2 :T
i'll be using vultros/hearthseeker, but i wish sub had some buffs, that 100% armor ignore is too much valuable for me
I wouldn't be so sure, back in the day, and even now weapons speed is a big deal for melee the slower the better. Someone would have to cruntch the numbers but with these changes the talon might just become BIS, at least for the opener on assassination rogues.

Last edited by a moderator:
It shows, that mutilate is normalized, so it does not matter, how fast are your weapons, you will hit the same as with faster weapons...

ToV still has a higher base damage, which is why people prefer slower weapons for their ambush and eviscerates. Normalization is something so old it's a wonder why people still reference it. A faster weapon speed will have a smaller base weapon damage. People refer to speed because that's all that separates weapon damage after scaling. Please stop quoting something from patch 1.8.

2 x ToV has THE hardest hitting mutilates for level 20 rogues.

Normalization - WoWWiki - Your guide to the World of Warcraft
It shows, that mutilate is normalized, so it does not matter, how fast are your weapons, you will hit the same as with faster weapons...

that's not how it works

normalized_damage = base_weapon_damage + (speed * Attack Power / 14)

normalisation just sets the speed of all daggers to 1.7

as you can see from the formula base wep dmg is still important and slower weps = higher base wep dmg

How would Torturing Poker compare to BVB for mutilates?

For one, BVB scales up, 2 it has a slower speed, resulting in higher base damage, and 3 it has a significantly higher amount of agility.

For one, BVB scales up, 2 it has a slower speed, resulting in higher base damage, and 3 it has a significantly higher amount of agility.
Plus a proc lol haha

I'm just curious about these daggers, haven't played rogue in some years before I made one this week. But 10% buff to SS and evis, still thinking combat might pull off on top!

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    61.9 KB · Views: 381
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    70.7 KB · Views: 229
ToV Main hand, BVB off hand.

Special attacks are based off weapon damage and ToV has the highest weapon dmg range. (When scaled)

Users who are viewing this thread