Assasin's Blade BiS ?!?!?

Of course Ambush will be harder with daggers than swords... If you read tooltips you'd know that...

Also; AB isn't BiS, [item]Balanced Heartseeker[/item], [item]Sentinel's Blade[/item] would be BiS for Alliance while [item]Impish Blade[/item], [item]Stillwater's Dagger[/item] are BiS for horde... Of course; before the Balanced ;)

Ambush with daggers hit's harder but the following white hit is much higher. Plus if you start with daggers then go to sword it resets the swing timer. Plus a slower weapon increases your topend significantly meaning higher specials and white hits.

Curley said:
Ambush with daggers hit's harder but the following white hit is much higher. Plus if you start with daggers then go to sword it resets the swing timer. Plus a slower weapon increases your topend significantly meaning higher specials and white hits.

Pretty much what I said but in more detail :p

Curley said:

U sure it resets the swing timer? I know switching creates a global cooldown, but I've never really checked the swing timer.

I wonder if it would be better to use daggers always since with shadowstep, that's a free backstab

I'm just wondering cause I have no ability to log on and haven't in a month now

I think I need some advice then.

Out of all of the daggers available, which are ultimately BiS? [item]Sentinel's Blade[/item] and [item]Balanced Heartseeker[/item]?

At the moment I'm running SB and [item]Sharpened Scarlet Kris[/item] (with [item]Exceptional Stormshroud Shoulders[/item]) for the sake of more Resilience versus losing some +hit rating. Would I also be better off just using the [item]Stained Shadowcraft Spaulders[/item] and ditching my fast off-hand?

Nothing new to say as compared to previous posters, however I am confirming that AB is inferior to Impish Blade, Stillwater's Dagger, and Balanced Heartseeker. Also as previously stated the first white attack after ambush is very important and hits for much more when using a sword such as shadowfang.

For some reason though this thread makes me think that perhaps under certain circumstances it might be worth using a BiS dagger on an opener, for example when the FC has many debuffs and/or if you have the berzerking buff. Hm...

Lesbøtrøn said:
I recently went threw the trouble of geting dule weilding Assasin's Blades to my suprize my crits are higer than my shadowfang in combo with other wepons. I opened with a 650 ambush yesterday :D I would consider Assasin's Blades BiS again and I would advise other rogues to get with it :)

good luck getting yours

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/tanaris/Gtfø/advanced

Just copy my gear, But seriously BIS daggers are Impish Blade / Balanced Heartseeker

ps. I actually play daggers don't let these SF fool's lead you down the wrong path, daggers are win. /thread

I dont know a whole lot about Assassin's blade. i do know however that some rogues actually use it to open and it hits me for about 600 to 650. Aside from the SF crits i get which are between 390-430. Daggers add a little more percentage in Ambush and after opener and master of subtley fades other then that your going to be hitting maybe 100s while people dual wielding Shadowfangs are hitting 200 crits easily. thats my take though.

Daggers are great for downing EFC with amazing eviscerate crits and fast combo point gains. Youll get ownt in 1v1 most of the time tho

Curley said:
Fanatic your not me he should copy my gear.

curley tink why so cute

Nakedplumber said:
Daggers are great for downing EFC with amazing eviscerate crits and fast combo point gains. Youll get ownt in 1v1 most of the time tho

Correct, however I still can manage 1v1's. Dagger's have a big energy management learning curve

Grizzlefoot said:
the only possible excuse i think a rogue has for using daggers is to proc waylay imo

much love but, Wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread