Armor Kits

Can you apply a +40 armor kit to 19 twink leggings? I've tried and the highest I can apply is +24. Is there are special way of doing this?

Oh and also, if you go through an instance with a high level friend, since you can now trade items for the next 2 hours once said item has beem looted, could the high level apply an armor kit to it, then trade it back to you? Or once you trade the item within the 2 hour period, you can't trade it back?

enchanting or socketing an item will remove that trading oportunity, and you can still enchant BoE leggings with 40 armor, not BoP however

Spooksters said:
enchanting or socketing an item will remove that trading oportunity, and you can still enchant BoE leggings with 40 armor, not BoP however

I see... and how does one enchant BoE leggings with +40 armor?

An Exotic Cookbook

"How To Serve Man"

1. Get one or eight man

2. Hit man hard

3. Hit man more

4. Put man in fire

5. Eat man

but no seriously, you find s pair of Bind of Equip (BoE) leggings, and you give them to a character above level 40 - then you go to the auction house, and you buy a very expensive and over-priced [item]Rugged Armor Kit[/item] you go to the mailbox (use the one near the bank, the one near the AH causes too much drama, and is new - new things are never good) and loot the [item]Rugged Armor Kit[/item], look through your bags until you find the [item]Rugged Armor Kit[/item] you purchased for a dumbly-high price. Then right click on the [item]Rugged Armor Kit[/item], your mouse icon (a plate gauntlet) should now be surrounded by a blue hue - if not, urdoinitwrong - then left click on the Bind of Equip (BoE) pants, which you want for your lower-level character. After you have enchanted them, open the mail-box again, and go to the "Send" tab at the bottom of the mail box window, type in your character's name that you want the pants on, drag the enchanted pants into the mail window, and click send.

Spooksters said:
An Exotic Cookbook

"How To Server Man"

1. Get one or eight man

2. Hit man hard

3. Hit man more

4. Put man in fire

5. Eat man

but no seriously, you find s pair of Bind of Equip (BoE) leggings, and you give them to a character above level 40 - then you go to the auction house, and you buy a very expensive and over-priced [item]Rugged Armor Kit[/item] you go to the mailbox (use the one near the bank, the one near the AH causes too much drama, and is new - new things are never good) and loot the [item]Rugged Armor Kit[/item], look through your bags until you find the [item]Rugged Armor Kit[/item] you purchased for a dumbly-high price. Then right click on the [item]Rugged Armor Kit[/item], your mouse icon (a plate gauntlet) should now be surrounded by a blue hue - if not, urdoinitwrong - then left click on the Bind of Equip (BoE) pants, which you want for your lower-level character. After you have enchanted them, open the mail-box again, and go to the "Send" tab at the bottom of the mail box window, type in your character's name that you want the pants on, drag the enchanted pants into the mail window, and click send.

it's "How To Serve Man" not "How To Server Man" :p

IamMage said:
Can you apply a +40 armor kit to 19 twink leggings? I've tried and the highest I can apply is +24. Is there are special way of doing this?

Oh and also, if you go through an instance with a high level friend, since you can now trade items for the next 2 hours once said item has beem looted, could the high level apply an armor kit to it, then trade it back to you? Or once you trade the item within the 2 hour period, you can't trade it back?

Yes, you can put +40 armor on a BoE, but not a BoP.

Also when you enchant/socket an item it becomes soulbound even if it is within a 2 hour period.

Users who are viewing this thread