Are F2P Tanks still able to solo dungeons?

yeah I heard fury is good so I leveled one to 20 but feel the damage is pathetic, compared to my other classes, I don't know what I am missing but warrior kinda disappointing to me, my favorite 20 is guardian druid now...
Warrior definitely isn't top tier even as a warrior main at 20 but it works. Do you have the runeblade? Those are huge upgrades that can make soloing some WoD bosses easier, especially as Arms because of the 26 vers, high weapon damage and the slight heal ,which you stack with the deepwounds heal and leech talent. These talent choices are for running dungeons only and in pvp arms is quite decent once you swap those talents out for stuff like sudden death etc.

And yes fury isnt that strong because at 20 we lack a meaningful ragespender. The thing it has going is alot of survivability in soloing but you are looking at 200-230 dps at best.

Warrior definitely isn't top tier even as a warrior main at 20 but it works. Do you have the runeblade? Those are huge upgrades that can make soloing some WoD bosses easier, especially as Arms because of the 26 vers, high weapon damage and the slight heal ,which you stack with the deepwounds heal and leech talent. These talent choices are for running dungeons only and in pvp arms is quite decent once you swap those talents out for stuff like sudden death etc.

And yes fury isnt that strong because at 20 we lack a meaningful ragespender. The thing it has going is alot of survivability in soloing but you are looking at 200-230 dps at best.

no i don't have runeblade, what ilvl is it for 20 warrior? yeah my fury is below 200 dps, that's terrible, my other classes way higher than 300 even reach 500

no i don't have runeblade, what ilvl is it for 20 warrior? yeah my fury is below 200 dps, that's terrible, my other classes way higher than 300 even reach 500
Its ilvl87 like all epics for 20s. It's in fact BiS for warrior anyways.

Last edited:
If you're not completely against rolling protection, that's the way to go. As someone accurately claimed, you pretty much have Ignore Pain up all the time and any damage you do take can be healed with Impending Victory. Although it is slower, think: death by a thousand cuts, you can actually survive long enough to deliver that death by a thousand cuts. You don't take much damage and you have appreciable multi-target damage in Thunder Clap & Revenge. And the Shield Slam reset happens pretty frequently so you are almost never rage-starved. Protection really is the solo spec for warriors atm, especially if you're undergeared. I would recommend you roll protection for now and, when you start getting closer to BiS, switch back to fury once you manage to be able to solo dungeons to your liking.

I went Haste / Mastery and decent Vers. Didn’t bother with Crit. I know Mastery sounds odd, it’s not for the Blood Shield which does help, but the extra Attack Power.

Haste is my favourite though as I found with Blood the more Haste, the smaller chance of downtime with Runes & CD’s. Unlike Frost and Unholy, u have much less downtime on Blood.
I don't know if this is worth mentioning but for haste. I wouldn't go above 20%, 15-20% is perfect for Rune regen imo.

Users who are viewing this thread