Arcane mage discussion

chíll said:
yes.

even warlocks have drain HP. once people get past all that CC (which i do not classify as survivability tools), you're dead.

warlocks have drain HP

warriors have bloodthirst/craze/plate gear

paladins, priests, shamans and druids have heals to survive on

hunters doesn't have much, but the leather is more than mages cloth.

rogues have recuperate and evasion

mages have tools that keeps things off you, but when you get past that, its basically "derp" all the way.

Wow, this is stupid.

_Arkant_ said:
Wow, this is stupid.

no i'm correct. its abit like surrounding a soft, squishy teddy bear with land mines. at some point, somebody will have stepped on all the mines faster than you can install new ones.

chíll said:
no i'm correct. its abit like surrounding a soft, squishy teddy bear with land mines. at some point, somebody will have stepped on all the mines faster than you can install new ones.

So in your opinion a "soft, squishy teddy bear" surrounded by land mines is less pretected than a teddy bear with Drain Life, which can be interupted or, more easily, simply be ignored? Yes, this is stupid.

Mages have more survivability than warriors, warlocks, druids and shamans.

Won't lie, while I certainly feel squishy, Improved Blink, CoC (More so if frost spec), and Frost Nova all work wonders for keeping the worst mage killing offenders off (Rogues) or close (Hunters).

What baffles me Is that the only thing you seem to count as survivability is armor or heals how do escape abilities not factor in to you?

jesus, have i ever said that mages are "worse" than resto shamans? whats that? i havent you say? ohh my, then dont put words in my mouth. no doubt mages are in the upper end of the scale with the CC, but there is no "gain health", "take reduced damage" or "increases chance to avoid damage" spells for mages. as the only class. thats also why i sometimes shout really loud whenever people say "TAKE AWAY ALL DAT CC LOLOL.." thats what they need.

Seriously mages arent underpowered, stop complaining lol, frost mages are actually OP if played right and arcane amazing kill stealer hehehehe

HATE YOU BLIZZ FOR RESETING MY XP REMOVER AFTER 4.0.1!!!!! I had some jute :'(

Nakedplumber said:
Seriously mages arent underpowered, stop complaining lol, frost mages are actually OP if played right and arcane amazing kill stealer hehehehe

HATE YOU BLIZZ FOR RESETING MY XP REMOVER AFTER 4.0.1!!!!! I had some jute :'(

never said they were! stop putting words in my mouth.

chíll said:
jesus, have i ever said that mages are "worse" than resto shamans? whats that? i havent you say? ohh my, then dont put words in my mouth.

chíll said:
mages have less survivability tools than any other class in the bracket

You totally didn't say that, I'm sorry.

Nakedplumber said:
Wasnt talking about you

my apologies then.

theres a difference between a survival CD, a gap opener and a CC spell guys.

chíll said:
my apologies then.

theres a difference between a survival CD, a gap opener and a CC spell guys.

Gap opener and CC's both are survival spells if used defensively. Simply by definition, because they help you to survive longer.

_Arkant_ said:
Gap opener and CC's both are survival spells if used defensively. Simply by definition, because they help you to survive longer.

so by definition, execute is a survivability spell too? since you know, if you kill the guy, he cant kill you and therefore you'll survive longer..

chíll said:
so by definition, execute is a survivability spell too? since you know, if you kill the guy, he cant kill you and therefore you'll survive longer..

chill you're just embarrassing yourself, just because every other person playing any other class can kill you doesnt mean mages got the least survival spells, simply means the worst player chose to play a mage...

chíll said:

Congratulations, this deserves to be a signature.

Vincent said:
chill you're just embarrassing yourself, just because every other person playing any other class can kill you doesnt mean mages got the least survival spells, simply means the worst player chose to play a mage...

i do my best. i'm right though, but screw that.

@ arkant, i'm proud <3

Well, one last question: You think Drain Life and Fear outweigh CoC, Frostnova, Frostbolt, Polymorph and Blink in terms of survivability?

Users who are viewing this thread