Arcane Mage +7 Relic Farming

woodley

Hey, I've been playing on a level 24 hunter trying to farm +7 arcane and fire relics for my level 20 arcane mage but i am completely lost

I have no idea what i should be farming for the drops, Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thank you

-Woodley

Legion invasion mobs and lockboxes are the only way to get arcane and fire BoE relics, I believe. The invasion mobs drop all the relics, so just keep killing until you get lucky. I've gotten both that way, it definitely works.

I havent gotten any out of a lockbox myself yet, but it's confirmed they do drop from them.

Thank you so much for your quick reply, I really appreciate you taking the time to reply <3

hope you have a good day :D

Going on 3 months of farming. Odds aren't bad from lockboxes (8%), but for a specific relic type it'll be low due to 10 possibilities.

Lockboxes: 568

Relics from lockboxes:
  • arcane x10
  • blood x2
  • fel x7
  • fire x3
  • frost x3
  • holy x4
  • iron x2
  • life x6
  • shadow x2
  • storm x4
Also check your auction house under Gems > Artifact relic. I've never seen a level 19 relic listed on my dead server, but maybe you'll get lucky.

Going on 3 months of farming. Odds aren't bad from lockboxes (8%), but for a specific relic type it'll be low due to 10 possibilities.

Lockboxes: 568

Relics from lockboxes:
  • arcane x10
  • blood x2
  • fel x7
  • fire x3
  • frost x3
  • holy x4
  • iron x2
  • life x6
  • shadow x2
  • storm x4
Also check your auction house under Gems > Artifact relic. I've never seen a level 19 relic listed on my dead server, but maybe you'll get lucky.
Where do you farm the leystone lock boxes?

Where do you farm the leystone lock boxes?

My favorite spots are the Felskorn in Stormheim, Kobolds in Highmountain, and the temple near Shackle's Den in Azsuna. Due to the hyper spawns and majority of the time no boomkin bot farmers.

Randomly as an alternative, I did just have a level 20 arcane relic drop for me from a leystone basilisk (the mob that can randomly spawn from mining a leystone node) that popped up in Suramar. I don't have direct confirmation that it could also happen from the withered that spawn from herbing starlight rose, but I'd be surprised if the suramar relics weren't also on their drop tables. (At appropriately small rates.) Plus there's a WQ that occasionally spawns some felslate basilisks on the hill near the central FP, and those basilisks do scale down to 20. In fact, it's up right now. (Although there's simultaneously a WQ up right now in the same place that fills the area with nightborne who very much do not scale down.)

That's a lot of words to say "hey, I had a usable, ilvl 22 arcane relic drop for a 20", but it's another alternative for people who want to torture themselves trying to grind out +7 arcane or fire relics.

Users who are viewing this thread