Arcane for F2P?

Mephisto

Legend
How is Arcane. I was planning on starting from scratch, since I have pretty much every heirloom from the darkmoon faire fishing stuff.

I mostly do bgs, so i'm used to fending for myself.

Also what's the main f2p server these days. I always come back and leave every 4 months and nothing stays the same.

As a f2p arcane mage, I'd say you would have to pray for healers a good bit, otherwise you will most likely be getting gimped in mid and have a hard time at most without the heals. But you can put out severe damage as arcane mage especially in mid class fight due to the stacks sitting at 4 for a long time. I'd definately give it a try, but as for a pugging goes it would be better to run frost for more cc and keep enemy targets away. GL!

How is Arcane. I was planning on starting from scratch, since I have pretty much every heirloom from the darkmoon faire fishing stuff.

I mostly do bgs, so i'm used to fending for myself.

Also what's the main f2p server these days. I always come back and leave every 4 months and nothing stays the same.

L2 Frost. Arcane is trash cast timers are shit even when stacking haste as free to pepperoni.

As a f2p arcane mage, I'd say you would have to pray for healers a good bit, otherwise you will most likely be getting gimped in mid and have a hard time at most without the heals. But you can put out severe damage as arcane mage especially in mid class fight due to the stacks sitting at 4 for a long time. I'd definately give it a try, but as for a pugging goes it would be better to run frost for more cc and keep enemy targets away. GL!

Thanks for the advice. It's honestly between a mage and a Ret. I may make both in time.

Arcane has plenty of freecast damage. Mostly pressure due to flat damage wich pretty much stays the same. Crit with 4 stacks is 1k+ with a int set. Frost is CC Nodoki should've mentioned that ^^
Damage is very weak for frost but very strong CC

Arcane has plenty of freecast damage. Mostly pressure due to flat damage wich pretty much stays the same. Crit with 4 stacks is 1k+ with a int set. Frost is CC Nodoki should've mentioned that ^^

Mostly asking for next expansion honestly, I'm burned out with wod. I'll be going to basic in May which means I won't even be here for even the pre-patch. Luckily I have multiple classes but almost all of them are on the same server. I'm good with being a turret, if i can find some elevation or foliage to hide behind since you can't trace Arcane blast back to it's source.

I'll have you know that i've done a 1.4k arcane blast in f2p set on my mage with no zerker
But I would choose a frost mage over arcane any day of the week just because of the huge utlity kit it provides for yourself your team and your FC. Being able to nova twice, sheep, silence, and having a built in slow on your casts is just way to good to pass up for some ultra squishy arcane mage.

Thats just me tho.

Arcane can destroy teams as long as you free cast, frost requires some thinking of who to cc and can also destroy teams. Fire mage is fun.

L2 Frost. Arcane is trash cast timers are shit even when stacking haste as free to pepperoni.

I've played Frost since the time that Vulcano was still stomping kids and quite honestly, I've grown bored with it. I don't like cloth based classes, but they are good to play after about a couple months practice.

Mostly asking for next expansion honestly, I'm burned out with wod. I'll be going to basic in May which means I won't even be here for even the pre-patch. Luckily I have multiple classes but almost all of them are on the same server. I'm good with being a turret, if i can find some elevation or foliage to hide behind since you can't trace Arcane blast back to it's source.

Next expansion is almost a year away. Never too early I suppose.
I have seen a few arcanes in AB. They are good a guarding the flags from caps.

/cheers
Sweetsidney

Next expansion is almost a year away. Never too early I suppose.
I have seen a few arcanes in AB. They are good a guarding the flags from caps.

/cheers
Sweetsidney

Yeah, I might end up waiting in the end. Fury is looking pretty sweet, have you seen all the new animations. I can only hope the other classes look as good.

Users who are viewing this thread