Arcane, Fire, or Frost?

Pizza said:

Good story.

My only contribution to this topic is I believe earlier someone said to spec into Arcane Subtlety. That's a pretty bad idea considering the only thing it affects in 19s are Mage buffs, it doesn't give resistance to chill or the frostbolt effect.

Crilicilyn said:
well... i guess you can spec into it for polymorphs that arcane isn't it?

It's not for Arcane spells, it's for "helpful spells and damage over time effects." Polymorph doesn't count as either of those.

o, i had no clue, i had to scrap my mage project when the ruin migration killed my battlegroup :'(

Ertai said:
Good story.

My only contribution to this topic is I believe earlier someone said to spec into Arcane Subtlety. That's a pretty bad idea considering the only thing it affects in 19s are Mage buffs, it doesn't give resistance to chill or the frostbolt effect.

yes youre right, my mistake there as i think it was me who adviced using it.

Here is the reason for my mistake as i dont play anymore and therefore havent looked into these so well.

this is from patch notes:

Arcane Subtlety now Reduces the chance your helpful spells and damage over time effects will be dispelled by 15/30% and reduces the threat caused by your Arcane spells by 20/40%. (Old - Reduced the chance of dispell on all spells)

i apologize for my mistake

Subutex said:
yes youre right, my mistake there as i think it was me who adviced using it.

Here is the reason for my mistake as i dont play anymore and therefore havent looked into these so well.

this is from patch notes:

Arcane Subtlety now Reduces the chance your helpful spells and damage over time effects will be dispelled by 15/30% and reduces the threat caused by your Arcane spells by 20/40%. (Old - Reduced the chance of dispell on all spells)

i apologize for my mistake

Don't worry be happy now

The chardev is 333660.

Holocast (Mage)

Head:

HARD Lucky Fishing Hat

STV

Neck:

EASY Thick Bronze Necklace

50 Jewelcrafting

Shoulders:

EASY Reinforced Woolen Shoulders

120 Tailoring

Back:

EASY Spidersilk Drape

125 Tailoring

+5 All Resistances

Robe:

MED Inferno Robe

Wanted: Syndicate Personnel

Wanted: Baron Vardus

+150 Health

Hand:

MED Gold-flecked gloves

Sneed, Deadmines (67%)

+15 Spell Power

Wrist:

[item]Greenweave Bracers[/item]

Waist:

MED Enumerated Wrap

Satchel of Helpful Goods - (15%)

Legs:

EASY Shimmering Trousers

of Fiery Wrath

AH (2g)

Reinforced (+24 Armor)

Feet:

EASY Spidersilk Boots

125 Tailoring

+7 Stamina

Ring:

EASY Advisor's Ring

PvP Vendor

Ring:

EASY Bronze Band of Force

65 Jewelcrafting

Trinket:

EASY Insignia of the Horde

PvP Vendor

Trinket:

HARD Arena Grand Master

STV

Two Hand:

HARD Staff of the Blessed Seer

BFD (0.1%) AH (100g)

+30 Spell Power

Ranged:

MED Banshee Rod of the Sun

Dr. Witherlimb, Ghostlands (34%)

EASY, MED, HARD are difficulty to obtain, lol.

STATS - UNBUFFED

1012HP

1143MP

158FSP (only 6 off maximum, unbuffed)

4 HIT (only 3 off cap, only a 1.5% chance to miss, and considering the removal of static 1%, I don't think it'll affect me)

Lookin' good. That's no BoA items, no professions, no buffs (apart from arcane intellect), 5 Resistance to all + the static 2% miss chance on Blood Elves. Beaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaast. Ignore talents and glyphs, I'm still screwing with them.

Users who are viewing this thread