Arcane, Fire, or Frost?

Crilicilyn said:
satchel of loot, from the random lfg dungeon tool

I'm sorry... I don't mean to be rude, but you've lost me there- care to explain, please?

hmm ok. As of 3.3 players can queue for dungeons like they do for battlegrounds. This opens up at lvl 15. A player selects his/her role that s/he would like to play and simple joins queue. Upon completion of the random dungeon you receive a little silver and a satchel of loot. The satchel contains various belts and capes (most of which are BiS for at least one set of gear or other.) You can do this as many times per day as you like. =) I hope that clears it up.

Satchel is a bag you get when you do random dungeon(as explained above), at 19 you can get belt or cape from it, the 7sp cloak and 9 sp gloves grabco is referring to are both greens, the satchel cape is [ITEM]51994[/ITEM] of the Sorcerer which gives +4 Stamina, +4 Intellect, +4 Spell Power.

here are the gloves and cloak grabco was talking about

[ITEM]6565[/ITEM] of Fiery Wrath

+(7 - 9) Fire Spell Damage

and

[ITEM]14179[/ITEM] of Fiery Wrath

+(6 - 7) Fire Spell Damage

also there are wrists

[ITEM]9768[/ITEM] of Fiery Wrath

+(4 - 6) Fire Spell Damage

i cant find an of the Invoker cloak from wowhead, tho they might lack in information about that, and i havent got a chance to see them ingame since i quit playing before trying it out on 19.

The belt [ITEM]Enumerated Wrap[/ITEM] has of the Sorcerer/Sun/Vision which give

of the Sorcerer +5 Stamina, +5 Intellect, +6 Spell Power

of the Sun +6 Spell Power, +3 Stamina, +5 Intellect(oddly this is just a shit loot compared to the others)

of the Vision +8 Spell Power, +4 Intellect, +2 Stamina

Subutex said:
i cant find an of the Invoker cloak from wowhead, tho they might lack in information about that, and i havent got a chance to see them ingame since i quit playing before trying it out on 19.

The belt [ITEM]Enumerated Wrap[/ITEM] has of the Sorcerer/Sun/Vision which give

of the Sorcerer +5 Stamina, +5 Intellect, +6 Spell Power

of the Sun +6 Spell Power, +3 Stamina, +5 Intellect(oddly this is just a shit loot compared to the others)

of the Vision +8 Spell Power, +4 Intellect, +2 Stamina

There is of Stamina as well.

There is of Stamina as well.

yes there is but its hardly usefull when we are chasing the max sp/balanced sp gear

but thank you for bringing that up, as this topic seem to have gone bit offrail already its good to get some direction to head to.

Crilicilyn said:
hmm ok. As of 3.3 players can queue for dungeons like they do for battlegrounds. This opens up at lvl 15. A player selects his/her role that s/he would like to play and simple joins queue. Upon completion of the random dungeon you receive a little silver and a satchel of loot. The satchel contains various belts and capes (most of which are BiS for at least one set of gear or other.) You can do this as many times per day as you like. =) I hope that clears it up.

Ahhhh thankyou!

Wow, this opens a whole new playing field.

Sorry, I think I left before 3.3 came out- what a great idea though.

Thanks again

Lavishly Jeweled Ring instead of Bronze Band of Force, then? Brings hit rating to 6, 3.54%.

I've also noticed that my original "glass bazooka" idea has completely gone to crap...

Fire Spell Damage has plummeted to a mere 150... 1012 HP and 1263 Mana sounds very healthy. Ignore the initial values that you can see on the http://chardev.org/?profile=333495, it doesn't take into account the Enumerated Wrap's stats.

well if your going to "glass bazooka" then you should just use +10 hit potions and gather as much sp as you can

Subutex said:
well if your going to "glass bazooka" then you should just use +10 hit potions and gather as much sp as you can

Actually... Considering I now have- some 250 more hp, 150 mana, and a hit rating of 6, for the loss of only 20~ (if that) Fire SP?

I can do that... lol

Am I only about 20 Fire SP off the maximum Fire SP for a 19 fire mage, or is it a larger margin?

Frost :rolleyes:

Subutex said:
well selfbuffed(weapon oil(8sp), bloodthistle(only for belf[10sp]) and fire power pot[10 fire sp]) you can get 192 Fire SP

character planner . gimpfire . chardev seven here is what i came up with, its missing minor wizard oil which would raise the fire sp to 182, still hit capped and hp over 1k

Thankyou very much for explaining that, and your design has helped me complete mine. 'couldn't have done it without you, Subutex.

I think I've come up with a final design - UNBUFFED

1012HP,

1143MP,

158FSP (Only 6 off the unbuffed maximum),

4HIT (Cap is 7),

5 Resistance to all (BE racial too),

455ARMOR (lol, for a mage- this means almost 20% less physical damage, compared to the 16-17% reduction with other less armoured mages).

Looks pretty solid to me, what do you think? Disregard the glass bazooka idea- yes, I am looking to maximize Fire Spell Power, but not so much that I go too far under 1khp, 1kmp, or the hit cap.

Only the hit cap makes me nervous, but it's only a less than 2% chance to miss because of the recent removal of the static 1% chance that everyone had to miss, and the extra 8 SP feels nice. ;D

"Ew, hit pots :S"

^^Have to agree on that one. I hate all pots- Bloodthistle is so easy to get, so that's ok.

Users who are viewing this thread