Arathi Basin Perfection

Has anyone won this achievement and if so what strategies have you used? This seems next to impossible to me unless you login and there are only 5 horde and you're in a 15 man premade!

I've done this horde side (quite a few times) but not yet on Alliance. We did it with a small partial on horde.

One person will need to go straight for Farm/Stables and must cap it before it turns.

We tend to send our partials to BS, cap that quick and then head straight for Farm/Stables to help the person who is capping it.

Our pugs go and have to take LM and Mines. Hopefully if they don't, they will give our partial enough time to grab one or the other.

Shadowburn Alliance tend to fall apart when it comes to Basin :p

I'll be honest, it helps if the opposing side is either waaaaay undermanned or full of fail. But with or without that, first thing you need is a small group to run up and cap stables. Once you get that everyone will have to be very mobile to not only achieve and maintain a five cap, but also to make sure to stem off any offensive attempts by your opposition.

It's possible, but it's part luck, part imbalance, and part speed that makes it happen.

get a druid to burn dash and spec the cat form increase. a druid utilizing these two abilities should be able to cap the ST/farm flag if it doesn't get interrupted and runs the proper path.

Yea the key is not to get interrupted while capping ST/Farm. So pray for no defenders there (which there usually aren't in our BG).

We did a 13 vs 3 recently and I got it, I let all of the random noobs take the other bases while I went for Stables and just spawn trapped them from there.

It happens pretty regularly on the off hours in just about any BG.

Try to Q really early in the morning.

Also helps if you know your BGs ratio..

Juke said:
It happens pretty regularly on the off hours in just about any BG.

Try to Q really early in the morning.

Also helps if you know your BGs ratio..

Thanks for the suggestions.. I think logging in early might be the best strategy, this Achievement and We Had it All Along, Cough (where you win 2000-1990) seem like they're more based on luck and playing alot than anything else (but on the other hand I guess that's part of a twink's life!).

With a premade team against a bunch of randoms, it would be tough but not impossible to get this achievement done. Provided communication was good, a decent plan was followed and you're playing in a bracket with mounts available (running from ST to Farm before it caps sounds a little iffy... Mounts make it better)

We Had It All Along on the other hand isn't something you can really plan.. unless all 30 people are in on it (which is a feat in and of itself)

^ would be a boring ass battle too..

I've done it a couple of times. You and a bunch of teammates head towards stables or farm, whichever is on the opposite side of the map, and keep mine and lm populated. Very achievable, but it requires that your team be much better than your enemies. Both times this happened with me was with lopsided numbers.

Users who are viewing this thread