anything to farm as a f2p? (off level 60+ zones)

Idol is useless for an f2per, Not sure about the hat, but if there is a level restriction, then that one is out too.

Idol is useless for an f2per, Not sure about the hat, but if there is a level restriction, then that one is out too.

my turtle is also useless...

and i've seen 20's with the pirate hat.

i love my time-lost idol on my rogue, it's a gimic, it's not like my "dune of dutys" 4+_stam is THAT important, i love transformation trickets/buffs.

The idol requires 68, which is why it's useless on F2P. The hat is attainable by F2P and usable. Obviously it's a just a novelty item.

The problem is the idol is a trinket. To use it, you must have it equipped and it has a level requirement on it. The turtle will be boss in AB fights where you have to cross the water. As I said in my post, I don't know about the hat.

yeah just noticed that fml.

I'm goign to try and attempt to see if i can get someone to fly me to hyjal so i can unlock the FP, and attempt to kill a few of the elementals in the starter area using mobs/other players and see how that works out for gettign some gold
<

yeah just noticed that fml.

I'm goign to try and attempt to see if i can get someone to fly me to hyjal so i can unlock the FP, and attempt to kill a few of the elementals in the starter area using mobs/other players and see how that works out for gettign some gold
<

Don't you have to do "X%" of damage to a mob to loot it? Remember someone killing a rare with npc help but couldn't loot.

Don't you have to do "X%" of damage to a mob to loot it? Remember someone killing a rare with npc help but couldn't loot.

i don't believe so, on the instance podcast i heard someone could do it by just pulling aggro and pulling the mobs to the guards, and it would complete his quest, so by default I'm guessing he also got the loot, then again at 85 he might have been able to do enough damage with AOE to get the % you might be talking about.

If you are grouped with a p2p and he is killing the mobs, it can be set to free for all and you can loot to your heart's content.

I was the one that did it with the rare near Shat. I've also done it with the rare in BB and the rare in SW. If you don't do enough damage, you don't get to loot. Those guards come from all over the place to smash NPCs. They must get pretty bored just standing still or patrolling all day.

I was the one that did it with the rare near Shat. I've also done it with the rare in BB and the rare in SW. If you don't do enough damage, you don't get to loot. Those guards come from all over the place to smash NPCs. They must get pretty bored just standing still or patrolling all day.

I'm in shatt right now due to it being my hearth for whiskey's I'll go test this out now.

Obviously in a group that's not an issue. It's only a problem if you're using guards to kill things for you.

Obviously in a group that's not an issue. It's only a problem if you're using guards to kill things for you.

so far got a mob down to 75% and took it to the guards... not my drop sadly.

also in cata zones I'm sure it's different, so I'm goign to head over there for a bit.

first going to go and discover the last two fp's in TH to see if i can fly there from stormwind..

sadly I've alrwady looked into that yesterday as well, it has level 55 required..... i'd love to pop that cool down once every 2 days and pull out a level 60 mob to fight for me in bgs l0l

the firefly still looks farmable though

but talking about the crawdad... i never looked at mr. pinch's level req, just the pet. :/ i can't help but wonder if that's wrong though...just like http://www.wowhead.com/quest=8120, which says its a level 55 requirement, but doable by 20's. i actually plan on checking this out as i need to take a semi-WoW break after Hallow's End anyway. Here's me'h plan.

Let's say there's a 0.5% chance of getting Mr. Pinchy from a pool, that means I need to [theoretically] fish 200 pools. I plan on hitching a ride up to Lake Ere'Noru where there's no hostile mobs and just parking my toon there where there's a maximum of 4 pools (so lets say there's 3 pools).

Let's say I can fish those 3 pools in about 3 minutes and I can login 3 times in the space of one 10-minute lure (so a total of 9 pools per lure by just logging in, fishing the available pools, and then logging out for the day).

So to fish up 200 pools, I need 22 lures. I currently have about 12 lures stocked up and just buy one whenever I see a trainer. Once I get to 22, I'm going to [hopefully] find some nice toon to summon/fly me up to the mountain and drop me off to start my WoW semi-break / crawdad-farm-experiment (just log-in quick 1-2 times per day to fish for 3 mintues).

i know, its not near as exciting as Godfrey's quest, but hey.

the firefly still looks farmable though

but talking about the crawdad... i never looked at mr. pinch's level req, just the pet. :/ i can't help but wonder if that's wrong though...just like http://www.wowhead.com/quest=8120, which says its a level 55 requirement, but doable by 20's.

if it was in open water i'd just bot that like crazy and see if it's true but i cba waiting waiting hours for a new pool to spawn.

Users who are viewing this thread