EU Anyone interested in F2P Slave Pens clear?

Ok so the healer slot seems filled, but we still have no DPS yet. Due to the nature of fighting higher level mobs, it has to be 2x hunter, and both have to use ranged weapons.

Also, I forgot to mention, but these runs are on ALLIANCE side. If you have a vet or a p2p 20, you can come, as long as you don't use any enchants or consumables a F2P wouldn't have access to.

@Crystalpall why would you recommend 2x hunters?
For me, hunters are mandatory when there is no tank, so that there are tanks with their pets, that can be easily rez during fight.

Isn't there a need of a CC like a mage's sheep to reduce the number of mobs we have to fight? (I was also thinking to rogue, but the sap is only usable out of fight, and the high level mobs would surely detect the rogue before he gets close enough :/)
And moreover, I think that a CC is really needed if there are packs of mobs which include a healer mob. .... but, as I haven't studied the dungeon, I don't know if we'll face that kind of problem :/

@Crystalpall why would you recommend 2x hunters?
For me, hunters are mandatory when there is no tank, so that there are tanks with their pets, that can be easily rez during fight.

Isn't there a need of a CC like a mage's sheep to reduce the number of mobs we have to fight? (I was also thinking to rogue, but the sap is only usable out of fight, and the high level mobs would surely detect the rogue before he gets close enough :/)
And moreover, I think that a CC is really needed if there are packs of mobs which include a healer mob. .... but, as I haven't studied the dungeon, I don't know if we'll face that kind of problem :/

No other class can deal damage that's even a little bit close due to high miss chance. That doesn't seem to apply to hunter abilities and attacks, they can hit a lot more often than others. Paladins also hit very often with their judgment, but that's just one ability. Also, you need to take time into consideration. When dealing with a group of people we won't have a lot of time, maybe a couple of hours tops before someone has to go due to whatever reason.

If we don't get 2x hunters we could go with some replacements, but no mages/locks. You can't ever hit poly/fear/sap on high level agressive monsters.

No other class can deal damage that's even a little bit close due to high miss chance. That doesn't seem to apply to hunter abilities and attacks, they can hit a lot more often than others. Paladins also hit very often with their judgment, but that's just one ability. Also, you need to take time into consideration. When dealing with a group of people we won't have a lot of time, maybe a couple of hours tops before someone has to go due to whatever reason.

If we don't get 2x hunters we could go with some replacements, but no mages/locks. You can't ever hit poly/fear/sap on high level agressive monsters.

True, I didn't even consider that the mage's sheep (and more generally CCs) can't be cast on higher level mobs ^^'

Concerning damage, I told that, according to all the tests I've done in Pandaria PvE. Where there is a global 5% hit chance (globally homogeneous for all classes, but not all the spells can touch. Some do, with 5% chance ; while some don't, whatever the number of tries you do). And from those tests, the hunter was far behind druids, priests and mages ^^

So, according to what you say, it seems that the "meta" of PvE evolves depending on what level you fight :D
Another topic not enough explored yet by the lvl20 community ^^

We just need to find two brave hunters now :D

Looking forward to seeing the footage... I think you could kill the trash, and potentially Mennu the Betrayer (as he didn't hit me that hard), but I'd be pretty surprised if you make any dent on the last two bosses.

Looking forward to seeing the footage... I think you could kill the trash, and potentially Mennu the Betrayer (as he didn't hit me that hard), but I'd be pretty surprised if you make any dent on the last two bosses.

Give me two hunters and an evening and I'll show you the world

Bump of the thread

Only 6.5 days before the end of the event :O
Only 8 hours left (U.S.)... any other F2P heroes out there? :D

(...and BTW, don't forget that all of the Midsummer food-buffs "stack"!) ;)

Midsummer-Food.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread