Anyone else get "gamer's itch"?

Tom Ganks

Sometimes I'll be playing a competitive match or being playing an FPS and over time my nose becomes unbelievably itchy. almost like I have an allergic reaction to focusing hard on a game. It gets to the point where it's unbearable and I have to stop playing for it to go away

My mind went to a lot of different places when I read the title........

I don’t really get an itchy nose, but I do find myself touching my nose a lot...... not sure if it’s related in anyway but anyhow, this thread just made me think of that.

Strange people we r us gamers ;)

Reading the title I literally instantly assumed you were referring to absitenence towards gaming lol.
But on topic in terms of what you described, I can't say I've had that.

However, when I was prepping for an FGC tourney for a week or two-ish, I literally got trigger finger from clenching the controller too hard for a week-ish. That shit literally took weeks if not a month+ to actually heal where I didn't touch a controller at all. If anyone has had that, it's a fucking bitch in the morning to say the least.

The full story is a bit TL;DR.

Sometimes I'll be playing a competitive match or being playing an FPS and over time my nose becomes unbelievably itchy. almost like I have an allergic reaction to focusing hard on a game.

Same. Physical or emotional intensity doesn't trigger it, but mental intensity does. If my focus is high, it doesn't happen, but right after pulling off a huge play with precise timing and I can breathe for a moment, it's like my nose becomes one of those static electricity balls that kids use to make their hair stand on end. I'm surprised electric tendrils don't flare out and fry everything in three feet around me.

I don’t have that type of itch on my nose. But I do sit, stand, knell, stand, knell, sit, and do somewhat of that extent of effect until I’m done using my desktop computer.

Users who are viewing this thread