Any thoughts on Dracthyr in 11.0.5?

Kethcup

Veteran
Dracthyr is gaining access to the base six classes (warrior, rogue, hunter, priest, warlock, and mage) in anniversary patch. Of note, all six classes get access to FREE DH Glide, have a Knockback AND a Knockup (both on 90 sec cooldowns), a 2.5% mastery bonus, and of course the best dragonflying mount /s

In reality, I do think Dracthyr is gonna be top tier for its' classes as far as PvP is concerned (could you imagine a BM hunter hopping around with DH Glide speed and even more CC) but what does the far more experienced crowd think?

Its a fun class (Evoker), but personally, I'm not a fan of the whole charging up spells (Evoker). More often than not I auto press once like an average spell and deal the lowest tier of damage which irks me a lot. I can never get used to it's new gimmick, makes stuff more annoying than it is for me.
But I might give Warlock Dracthyr a try, might sound comical.

Jump glide
Jump Glide is basically adderall for us melee dps players

hpally can't be drac
im pretty sure the *eventual* (as in, blizzard branded Soon TM) plan is to let every race be every class. However many years that takes for them to develop models for druid forms and paladin mounts and totems and what not will be left to be seen.

edit: fixed grammar

Last edited:
I think that they'll nerf dracthyr racials on non-evoker classes.

They'd be near BiS race for every class in M+ and PvP. Too much mobility and CC, especially if the group is coordinating CDs.

If they don't nerf the racials then dracthyr are going to spank at 20. Priests with mobility? Spicy.

someone did watchstop timing a couple of times and found that you move at around ~150% movespeed if you instant cancel glide mid-air (and is faster than DHs since you don't have to double jump first.)

really really hope its turned off in instanced content but I'll be honest I don't think its that problematic in open world (though it will screw up wargames real bad, enough to maybe warrant a race ban)

Jump Glide is basically adderall for us melee dps players

im pretty sure the *eventual* (as in, blizzard branded Soon TM) plan is to let every race be every class. However many years that takes for them to develop models for druid forms and paladin mounts and totems and what not will be left to be seen.

edit: fixed grammar
I remember when humans got access to hunters

saw on a bellular vid, blizz is going to make it where they can now stay in elf form always

Users who are viewing this thread